The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Vegan protesters storm steak restaurant

Vegan protesters storm steak restaurant

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Possibly that was a counter protest in response to a group of carnivores that invaded Giuseppe's Fruit Barn in Moonee Ponds on the same day. Police said that after hurling cabbages, caulies and assorted fruits and vegies in all directions, the protesters mostly disgruntled cats and dogs left peacefully when the council ranger arrived with his net and cage.
A spokesdog for the group who would only identify himself as "Rover" barked to our reporter that the group was protesting the high price of Pal and kitty Kat in the supermarket. With the horrendous rate of unemployment among K9's and cats 99.9%, Rover said its a dogs life trying to survive on table scraps, and what you can find in the neighbours dirt bin on garbage nights. He went on to say "how would you humans feel if you had to rely on the generosity of dogs and cats to survive.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 31 January 2018 8:02:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I guess we always have radicals demonstrating against one issue or another, but to do so in a restaurant while others are in the process of enjoying their evening meal, I reckon it's the limit. I note the premises are in Melbourne, and from what I've heard of VICPOL's sympathetic and benevolent policing strategy lately, I'm not at all surprised. Word has it their Chief Commissioner is right out of his depth, with the Andrews Labour government controlling the policing tiller.

I am surprised the proprietor of the place, didn't immediately make a complaint to the attending Bobbies, thus forcing them to remove these insolent activists forthwith. I'm all for the democratic right of our citizens, to hold peaceful demonstrations; but I'm equally disposed to the rule of law as well.

Gee I'm very glad I'm no longer wearing blue. The frustration occasioned by our 'left leaning' superiors, together with this rise of civil disobedience, it would become harder and harder, to deliver adequate law n' order measures, that would go in anyway of satisfying our community masters?
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 31 January 2018 12:12:30 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Vegans can protest if they want, however, if they do so on private property and then refuse to leave the owner's premises once requested, they are committing criminal trespass.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 31 January 2018 3:06:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It seem that these nutters are inspired by American nutters who told these idiots to arrange for advertisements against "speciesism", and asking people to "Be Fair Be Vegan".

Melbourne Tramways agreed to put the ads on trams, but then changed their minds and said no to the ads.

Said nutters spat the dummy and took out their nuttiness on meat eaters.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 31 January 2018 3:12:54 PM
Our rate of nutters per capita must be up there among the world's nuttiest.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 31 January 2018 3:15:52 PM
and they say the evolution fantasy taught to kids is harmless. Anyone silly enough to believe we evolved from monkeys should be banned from cannibalism.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 31 January 2018 3:21:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy