The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Guilty No Matter What

Guilty No Matter What

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Dear Big Nana,

Perhaps this might explain something about the
culture, at least in Hollywood - which probably has
tentacles everywhere that might explain Oprah's
reluctance in the past:

http://deadline.com/2018/01/hollywood-sexual-harassment-assault-scandal-backlash-fear-women-1202236427/
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 11 January 2018 3:37:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hollywood has promoted perversion, treachery, deceit (gw scam)and every other indecent thing a human can think on. Now a few of the promoters (men and women) want to preach morals to everyone else. PLssss.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 11 January 2018 4:00:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The left are a hypocritical mob. That applies in spades to the US Democrats and their mates in the entertainment industry, which is liberal, where liberal means anything goes.

In the news the Obamas are now distancing themselves from Harvey Weinstein, but they had no trouble accepting his friendship and assistance with political donations, and Malia Obama was an intern for Weinstein earlier this year. [see the links I supplied in a previous post]

The Clintons were very pally, touchy and feely, with Weinstein. But now at least as far as the public perception is concerned they are ducking.

Is there anything outside of neurotic sex-crazed alley cats that is anywhere near on a par with the irresponsible behaviour of the left?
Posted by leoj, Thursday, 11 January 2018 5:03:08 PM
I did not realise that irresponsible behaviour
belonged to only one group.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 11 January 2018 5:42:43 PM
Dear Big Nana,

So you wouldn't have spoken up either, just left without saying anything, leaving some scumbag to prey on others who perhaps has less opportunity to move on?

You my dear appear to be just as much an enabler as those you accuse.

If one of my nieces was intimidated by sexual advances at her job so that she felt the need to leave it then I would be looking to rip someone's head off. There is no way in the world they should have to put up with that kind of rubbish. Of course I know that not every female requires a cantankerous male to step in for them and in an ideal world the law should be providing these protections. We moving toward that now.

The fact that a few waspy old farts here are feeling a little disempowered and threatened by women standing up to them is pretty telling and not a little sad. Get over it.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 11 January 2018 6:06:10 PM
Dear Steele,

I've come across a link that goes a long way in explaining
why many women don't report sexual harassment in the workforce.
Although it relates to the American experience, it can be
applied to this country as well.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/margaret-gardiner/why-women-dont-report-sex_b_11112996.html

The article explains that of course sexual harrassment
in the work place is distressing - but if you need the job,
you need the money, and until a better opportunity comes
along, you endure. I remember the time that mine was the
only secure income in our family and while I found my
boss extremely difficult. I was in no position
to either report him or walk out of the job. And as the article
points out - you're going to need that person for a reference
for your next job. Telling a prospective employer that you
left because you were being sexually harassed does not make
you an attractive hire. In my case - I did find another
position and was able to leave. I was probably a coward
for not reporting, but I did not have a choice at that time.
My family came first.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 11 January 2018 6:51:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy