The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should Australia debate becoming a Republic in 2018?

Should Australia debate becoming a Republic in 2018?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Hi Alt Rave,

Why don't you tell us what you really think ?

It's a bit harsh to call President Trump a moronic con-man, even if he certainly gives that entirely false impression - and then to condemn the notion of a Republic just on those grounds. Perhaps I've misunderstood you, but it IS dangerous to put the terms 'con-man', 'moron' and 'President' in the same sentence without the logical assumption that you are referring to Trump ?

Especially if you include Trump in your observation that '.... all those who are currently politicians have one thing in common. They are lying, scheming thieves' ?

Interesting point, Alt Rave: if Trump visited Australia to campaign for a republic, would support for it improve or decline ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 10 January 2018 4:31:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Loudmouth, I didn't call Trump anything, although now we know what you think about someone youv'e never met based on information you do not have.

Trump is just as dishonest as the rest of them, according to me and my reasoning. The difference with Trump is, he went for the job of POTUS, because he was pissed off with the 'king makers'. And the fact that that little half cast turd ragged him publicly. He was like a child in primary school who was going to teach the 'bullies' a lesson.

And I'm glad he got in. I'm angry he didn't grab Obummer and Clitorn by the throat and give them the biggest hiding they ever had. I was waiting for him to at least go after that maggot Clit after all the things she did.

I think his advisers suggested he not pursue them because by becoming the POTUS, he had succeeded in punching their arrogant lights out, and I'm glad he got the last laugh.

He's not president material and don't think otherwise. He will be ousted soon and then begins all the retributions and attacks from the Rothschilds and their scumbag mates.

I like the guy, not because he is a good President but because he is the cat amongst the pidgeons. He said he was going to drain the swamp. And he did. What he meant was he was going to get rid of all the Rothschilds people planted in the whitehouse to do the Rothschilds bidding.

They are of course pissed off and that's why they are financing the 'rent-a-crowd' who are the antagonists stirring up all this negativity on the guy.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 10 January 2018 4:57:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Malcolm Turnbull has re-ignited the Republican
debate by responding to Paul Keating's
blasts over this issue. Malcolm Turnbull's suggestion
of a postal survey among other things on the issue
of a Republic has certainly stirred things up.
The January 1st, 2018 issue of The Herald Sun has more
on this topic. And why it is important to have this debate.

I believe this is a debate worth having and I welcome
the opportunity for all perspectives to respectfully
argue their views.

The following link is worth a read:

http://www.spectator.com.au/2018/01/whats-to-gain-from-an-australian-republic/
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 10 January 2018 8:30:32 PM
Malcolm Turnbull hasn't reignited the republic debate at all. That is false news.

Turnbull replied to a question and played it all down, reminding the mischievous journalist hack that QE11 is still Queen of Australia and long may she rule.

So, Foxy, why do leftists play rotten games like this? Are they unimaginative and gutless and not wanting to put forward an option and reasons? Or what is more likely, are they just stirring the possum?

And why the hell aren't you, an ardent fan of change for change's sake, coming clean on what model YOU want and why?
Posted by leoj, Wednesday, 10 January 2018 10:17:10 PM
Foxy, I am buoyed by your link as it echoes all my sentiments and comments I have always spoken about the republic issue.

The idea of yet another scumbag pig at the trough is just too much to bare. Our problems are not from without, they are from within.

I can only imagine the free-for-all we would get out of Canberra.

No we do not need to debate anything, we need to leave things as they are. As I said, we are not suddenly going to get better pollies, better pay, better roads, safer communities and the list goes on.

Just think if they have sold off nearly all our public utilities under this type of govt, can you imagine the raping and pillaging that will go on when there is no-one looking over their shoulder?

So NO we must not even think about becoming a republic.
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 10 January 2018 10:57:24 PM
ALTRAV,

"You can't have a communist running a democratic country. Labour should have been destroyed years ago after their treasonous acts during world war II"

Care to give a reference for that?

I was always under the impression that Labor ran the country during the greater part of WWII and, apparently, successfully.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 10 January 2018 10:59:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11