The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > It Had to Happen: Trump's Mental State Questioned.

It Had to Happen: Trump's Mental State Questioned.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. 14
  14. All
Just for a bit of light relief:

http://www.spectator.com.au/2018/01/the-fine-art-of-political-juxtaposition/
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 10 January 2018 6:57:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR,

1. Baby boomers retiring and kids extending their education cause the participation rate to fall all else being equal. But the participation rate isn't falling. So there are offsetting factors. You've got the logic completely arse about.

2. "And how on earth do you get to claim the workforce participation rate is increasing".....I didn't. Re-read my post.

3. "I wouldn't advise touting your tenuous grasp of GW statistics"...anyone interested could re-read that thread and see just how little you understood of the issue at the time ie the so-called hiatus. But brazenly asserting the opposite might convince some...maybe even yourself.

4. "What will be interesting is next year's Employment-Population Ratio figures....."

My first comment on this issue in this thread was "Its way too early in the administration to be making judgements pro or con on economic issues." Glad to see you've caught up.
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 11 January 2018 9:04:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There are two economies ....the one that societies depend on for social cohesion....and the black economy
The black economy is growing proportional to the influx of migrants.
The migrants do not initiate the black economy but are the basis for it just as public servants are the basis for the social economy.
What the US does matters very little to the Australian standard of living other than the consumption of real life 'merican TV, so being preoccupied with what Trump does or says is a merely a distraction and choice of amusement.
The standard of living will continue to rise for the immigrants while that of the home grown will drop with govt. 'free money' being handed out at a rate impossible to sustain.
The resentment against the migrants will continue to rise which will only slow the integration and promote more enclaves and once these enclaves are established you've got buckley's in achieving reintegration with Chinatown and Little Italy being examples.
Small minds in govt. can only product a small minded social structure no matter how much the concept of multi culture is promoted. An artificial word used to describe an artificial society
White Australia is dead, both politically and socially, which is ironic as it was never white in it's origins by way of the indigenous.
Trump's mental state is an indicator as to where the 'merican public is situated, and Australians seem to want to follow suit whilst espousing self determination in defending the hole in the ground that is Australia.
Posted by Special Delivery, Thursday, 11 January 2018 10:07:07 AM
Foxy,

This article from The Spectator is more relevant to Australia. Trump? One could wonder instead about the mentality and lack of principles of the Australian politicians polishing the leather seats in its federal parliament,

"Losing our perspective"
"The truth is, that a politically well-organised and immensely powerful grievance industry, pushed by what former prime minister John Howard calls ‘minority fundamentalists’, has a different view of how the world should look. Having captured the legislature it is now intent on turning society’s belief system upside-down.

Alas, it is a mythical utopia. Any government big enough to give people all that they want is big enough to take all that they have. The redistributive measures employed, ensure bigger government, greater state dependence, less personal freedom, declining economic activity and poverty for the masses – the very environment in which slavery and discrimination thrive.

We are not well served by our leaders. They lack principle and would rather surrender to the forces of intolerance than defend the values on which our free society is based. Perhaps it’s time to reunite with those who are still brave enough to wish us ‘happy Christmas’."
http://www.spectator.com.au/2017/12/losing-our-perspective/
Posted by leoj, Thursday, 11 January 2018 10:31:21 AM
LEOJ my friend; you've just uttered probably one of the truest statements I've heard on this august Site; '...We are not well served by our leaders. They lack principle and would rather surrender to the forces of intolerance than defend the values on which our free society is based...'. Yup, all so true sadly.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 11 January 2018 10:59:50 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AJ,

"caught me fibbing".

No, I wasn't suggesting you were fibbing. I just wanted to prompt you into acknowledging where your new-found knowledge about Bush came from...ie me. Just nudging you to do the right thing :)

"and a small handful of relevant articles appeared "

There is an inherent problem with basing one's evaluation of the relevant importance of historic events on the number of Google hits you get on a search. Much better to do the actual research if it matters, or better still pay attention at the time. Coincidentally, I was reading this article (http://ricochet.com/484752/beginning-end-history/) yesterday which had this prescient warning about this exact practice...."And with their reliance on the electronic record, a non-permanent and easily changeable source, we will inch closer to the days of Orwell’s nightmare vision of The Ministry of Truth. History will be bent to serve whatever purpose the present requires."

I'm sure its the type of thing you'll continue to do because its easy and usually delivers the type of answers you'd prefer. But its wrong. For example a search on "Wounded Knee massacre" will yield 3 times more results than a search on "Katyn massacre". I'll leave you to decide if that reflects their relative historic importance.(Just used this example because I'm currently doing additional research on new Katyn data)

"Trump attracts more criticism because his behaviour is troubling and sometimes downright bizarre."

No he attracts what you perceive to be more attention because he is a greater threaten to the left. They have no way to fight him other than to try to overturn the election via these silly assertions about his mental state. Its rubbish and they know it, even though the followers (no names mind you :) fall for it. Check the video of his recent DACA conference to see how wrong the claims of his incapacity are: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/01/09/full_replay_president_trump_makes_a_deal_on_immigration_reform.htm
Posted by mhaze, Thursday, 11 January 2018 11:01:20 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13