The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is 'mental illness' too often the excuse?

Is 'mental illness' too often the excuse?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All
TTBN...You're really full of it, my ill-informed friend '...get rid of female police who cannot defend themselves...'? I reckon you just like to hear those quiet murmurs of you're own voice, spew out detritus on subjects or matters for which you invariably know nought. This one takes the cake TTBN! And what of male police, if they can't defend themselves; we get rid of them as well? Or merely shoot the aggressor? And you TTBN, I suppose you can defend yourself against all comer's?

Theres no doubt, the more I stupidly glance at your many 'rants' the more evidence I have that you're very much misogynistic in many of your cockeyed views. In fact TTBN you're a misanthropic acolyte. Somehow I don't think you're sufficiently worldly enough to understand the real parameters of a legitimate misanthropic attitude? Anyway how sad that must be for you in the tiny confines of your simple mind. Friendless, lonely, bitter, resentful, aggrieved et al?

You seem to possess an abhorrence for everything TTBN, why? Surely no one individual can possibly hate everybody? Every race, every culture; all ethnicities - other than Anglo Saxon (caucasian)? Yet every time you enter a discussion your arch conservatism arises. I'm also a strong Conservative in my politics, but I try (and fail) NOT to use the word hate or even imply it if I can.
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 29 December 2017 1:07:07 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi LOUDMOUTH...All there best to you and yours for 2018. The female copper will be appropriately covered by workers comp. like everyone else. FYI Joe; in the day, if a female police officer coped a flogging, the 'flogee' would usually have a deep and meaningful conversation with another Officer, in order to help him review his negative attitude towards police. The practice was not limited to police women, but others of the female gender, who've suffered brutally at the hand of some cowardly assailant.

However, this is another time; the present, nearly 2018, and we're all far more enlightened than previously! Where it would now seem the learned judiciary don't feel quite so outraged about a female cop getting a belting. Nor does it trouble them when other women suffer horrendous sexual assault and battery. It would seem inter alia, the judiciary are so academically high minded, they exist purely in an esoteric world of Legal dogma, none of which us mere mortals would dare question, least of all, understand.

I could name at least a dozen or so of these individuals who're regularly on the criminal list, who should never have been granted a practicing certificate. Let alone preside over criminal matters. But once called - they're there for life unless the do something very very naughty! That my friend is a very brief precise of the problem.
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 29 December 2017 5:05:57 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thanks, O Sung Wu, and Happy New Year to you and yours :)

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 29 December 2017 6:24:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi o sung wu, hope you had a great Christmas.

I agree completely that the application of justice was much more direct, & much more sensibly carried out, before we suffered all this "progress", with bleeding hearts & activist judges.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 29 December 2017 9:57:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,

What you think of me and my opinions is a matter of monumental indifference to me, but I have to agree that your are indeed 'stupid' (your self-description) for looking at my posts seeing you are so hostile to them.

Any police officer, female or male, who is not up to the job should be invited to look for other employment. Nothing to do with me being a misogynist. If they can't protect themselves, they cannot protect the rest of us. But, feel free to call me a misogynist and a misanthrope if that's what it takes to make you feel virtuous, and not just the irrational, sad old man you are.

“ Somehow I don't think you're sufficiently worldly enough to understand the real parameters of a legitimate misanthropic attitude?”

What the hell is that supposed to mean? What “parameters”? What is a “legitimate misanthropic” attitude? The opposite to an illegitimate” one? Please explain. When is it legitimate to be a misanthrope, and when is it not?

Finally, I notice in your comments to Loudmouth that you again revert to your dinosaur days as a rough policeman, chuntering on, with little disguise, about police violence. You are a real Jekyll and Hyde character. I should pity you, I suppose; but, as a misanthrope, I can't find it in myself to do so.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 29 December 2017 10:06:57 PM
Pretty clearly, Australia now has a problem with the mentally-ill. Their propensity for committing violent - and terrorist - acts, perhaps in the name of some god or other, shows that they are a danger to our society. Obviously, it's not their fault, since they can't properly understand what they are doing or why, but on the other hand, our security services need to be stepped up to combat this wave of terrorism by the mentally-ill.

I would strongly recommend that anybody diagnosed with a mental illness be confined in new facilities, perhaps in remote areas; that the mental health system be brought under our new Department of Homeland Security; and that police be armed with sedative darts along with more lethal weapons. Strobe and UV lights should be installed in areas of large numbers of people, such as major city streets, in order to confuse mentally-ill, would-be, terrorists, and make their bizarre responses more identifiable to DHS and AFP officers, who should be trained to identify such bizarre behaviour as soon as possible and to take appropriate action.

Clearly mentally-ill Muslims do not represent all Muslims, who are peace-loving and law-abiding Australians, nor is Islam to blame for the crazy actions of supposed adherents. We have to differentiate would-be terrorists from ordinary Muslims, and Islam in general for any perverted interpretation of it.

We may be in for a long battle with the mentally-ill, but we must fight it together.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Saturday, 30 December 2017 9:50:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 17
  10. 18
  11. 19
  12. All