The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > XMAS

XMAS

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Hasbeen,

Sorry about the dog.

Maybe some new arrival later, for company?

I did not replace ours. City life.
Posted by leoj, Tuesday, 26 December 2017 8:20:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,
Funny, my christmas's have been similar to yours over the years. Except that last year I was made fly to Melbourne, which takes about a day each way.

So this year I stayed put here and got some prawns, chook and ham, a desert and had a great time listening to music. Saved about a $1000 and 2 days travel as well.

Sorry about your old dog but that's the way to go. Hope I can do the same.

All the best to everybody for the New Year
Posted by Banjo, Wednesday, 27 December 2017 10:29:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there CHRISGAFF1000...

And a very happy and joyous Christmas to you too Chris; to yours & everybody else who contributes to the 'Thin Blue Line' who try to make it possible, for everyone else out there, to enjoy their Christmas, and enter the New Year of 2018, full of hope and good humour. Take good care of yourself Chris, OK !

Hello there HASBEEN...

What can I say? There's perhaps nothing more emotionally devastating, than for a man to lose his Dog. Especially when they've been with you for so long, and they've become your closest 'mate'. It's the one loss I find it hardest to conceal. But you'll get over it in time, 'til then I understand how you feel. Take care my old 'Navy' friend, and I trust 2018 will see you add another young 'Pup' to the 'HASBEEN' family!

*And my very best wishes go to everyone else on The Forum for the coming New Year, 2018. And I sincerely hope you all have a very 'HEALTHY' and SAFE twelve months.*

And my special good wishes go to my colleague IS MISE, a Veteran of the iconic 3RAR who lauded themselves in glory, during the Korean War.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 27 December 2017 12:48:38 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

Sorry to hear about your hound mate. It took a month before I would stop having to check myself after wondering where she was to be fed or walked.

Merry Christmas to all and sundry. I was remarking to some of the family during the get together that it has been a pretty good year, well at least I gave it a tick.

Aren't we a bunch of very lucky people to be living in this beautiful country.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 27 December 2017 2:25:59 PM
Hi there STEELEREDUX...

And the same right back a'cha too! Indeed we're very lucky to live in such a bountiful country as this. Therefore we should all endeavour to exercise great care, to ensure we don't extirpate what it is we've got, that makes it such a lucky country in the first instance.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 27 December 2017 4:06:27 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hassie,

So sorry to hear about your dog.

I still miss my lovely kelpie - Queenie.
She loved all of us so much and we her.

All the Best to you and yours for the New
Year.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 27 December 2017 4:30:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy