The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Milo Yiannopoulos is a joke!

Milo Yiannopoulos is a joke!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 32
  12. 33
  13. 34
  14. All
That’s a really dumb analogy, Shockadelic.

<<Once upon a time, if someone said they were something they clearly are not (like saying you're a child when you're an adult), they would be defined as "delusional">>

Age isn’t a spectrum in which children may be born genuinely thinking and feeling like adults.

If you think a transsexual is just a delusional person who just thinks they’re the sex that they’re not (completely ignoring the difference between the mental and the physical), then you clearly you know nothing about transsexuality.

How about I claim to you that, while there is a spectrum of sexuality, it is delusional to think that one could be exclusively attracted to their own sex (because nature)?

I bet it doesn’t sound like such a great line of argument now, does it?

<<Yes, there are people all over the masculine/feminine spectrum …>>

Yes, and some go so far in the opposite direction to what they physically are, that the discomfort of their bodies, and how society expects them to dress and behave, is distressing. There are plenty of legitimate explanations for transsexuality beyond a simplistic assumption of mental illness or delusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality

<<… but that should make us question the dualistic stereotypes, not chop off body parts to fit into them, or demand everyone address us with this or that pronoun …>>

So, you’re allowed to tell them how they should not respond to their distress, but they’re not allowed to tell you how to address them? I don’t see where you get off telling transsexuals how they should and should not respond to their distress, when it doesn’t affect you.
Posted by AJ Philips, Tuesday, 5 December 2017 2:47:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Shadow Minister,

Here's another link for you. Undoubtedly you will
find something wrong with that as well:

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/dec/05/milo-yiannopoulos-speaks-australia-respectable-racists-howl-approval

And one more:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/susie-obrien-yiannopoulos-should-not-have-been-allowed-in-australia-writes-susie-obrien/news-story/73bc47e750de4b59e91eb99507b77cb9

BTW: Where did you hear Milo Yiannopoulos speak?
Perhaps it was in the same place as I did.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 5 December 2017 3:13:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Regarding Milo Yiannopoulos and the issue of free speech, I think Matt Dillahunty puts it well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17DjzSzML8s
Posted by AJ Philips, Tuesday, 5 December 2017 3:19:21 PM
Dear AJ,

Thanks for that.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 5 December 2017 3:39:45 PM
Hey Toni; and AJ Philips

"Real news is the paranoid ranting of lunatics on dodgy websites, and propaganda is whatever said lunatics decree to be propaganda."

Often that's true.
You guys can try to trip me up but you all know I was way ahead of the game in regards to Hillary and all of that business. You guys were mostly playing catch up, and still are, because the corporate media fills your heads with garbage. And many of you lap it and go back for more never knowing that your whole world view is really just a fiction of your own imagination, and media conditioning.

No Toni, all news should be questioned and fact-checked.
You just think with a herd mentality of being conditioned to think these websites are dodgy.
Many of them are, many are valuable sources of information, and some are a mixture of both.
It takes some level of discernment, with fact checking and using different sources, an understanding of the political environment and a willingness to look past the establishment narrative.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 5 December 2017 3:44:00 PM
' it's about stopping the
kind of speech that stirs up hatred, violence,
and intolerance.'

yes and by far the greatest violence was coming from the marxist led by Ros Ward. You are incredibly naive Foxy and thats being very kind.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 5 December 2017 4:22:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 32
  12. 33