The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Minister who does her job

The Minister who does her job

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
//My, my, and not a word about the Minister for small businesses having a go at a small business.//

Dude, did you read the billboard?

They're advertising guns... for Christmas. Look, it's all very well for small business to advertise, but this ad is beyond tasteless. I'm not Christian but I still love Christmas, and I think its absolutely disgusting that anybody would try and use a celebration that is about family and joy to hawk weapons. Don't these mongrels have any shame?

I remember a well publicised case in Sydney a few years back where somebody trying to sell cures for erectile dysfunction got in trouble because their billboards had the word 'SEX' on it large letters. It was deemed to be too much of a risk to impressionable young minds. But advertising guns for Christmas... apparently that is to be applauded.

Some people sure have some messed up priorities.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Sunday, 19 November 2017 11:00:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
NNN, the best laugh I've had on here in ages! Except you got it wrong, Santa is not the shooter, he's the target.

Toni, the Billboard is not that tasteless, considering it right next to the heroin dealers ad, He's got a Family Xmas Special, it comes seasonally gift wrapped and all.

Issy, I hope the kids are a bit more imaginative this Xmas, and don't give me another bottle of after shave. Maybe they can wrap up a few stick of dynamite for me, which I can light up in the lounge room on Xmas morning. that should wake up the neighbourhood. What do you think?
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 20 November 2017 5:19:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Law-abiding people have rights . "Prime Minister Tony Abbott has defended comments made by Attorney-General George Brandis when he said " People have the right to be bigots"." Billboards have rights and can be used to seriously insult sections of population up to the limits of 18c. Smoking guns and cigarettes are legal health hazards.
Posted by nicknamenick, Monday, 20 November 2017 5:35:09 AM
I'm confused. Are we supposed to want a gun for Christmas, or a hot woman or a hot woman with a proclivity for fondling guns?

I'd go with the later since as we all know "Happiness is a warm gun".
Posted by mhaze, Monday, 20 November 2017 6:42:37 AM
mhaze, the gun is to save her moral virtue, in case you get carried away and want to much of the festive goodies.

Issy, I relented any opened your stinky link, tell me you put this tread up to see how many laughs you could get. Its going well.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 20 November 2017 6:59:54 AM
Late at night in the outback town of Bethlehem , three dark men ride up to a cow-shed where drifters are holed-up . They carry metal canisters of aromatics and quietly move to the door and throw it open. Gunfire erupts as Mary yells " you'all clear off this is a clean-livin family and want none of your frankincense you Arabs".
Posted by nicknamenick, Monday, 20 November 2017 7:54:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy