The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Opioid Crisis Awareness Good thing or NOT.

Opioid Crisis Awareness Good thing or NOT.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
SBS1 PBS Newshour have during first half of October, devoted reports related to headlined “American Opioid Addiction Crisis”.

I add to opioid crisis awareness, Las Vagas mass shootings 58 dead, The Drum and The Chatroom discussions on whether media have a responsibility to withhold shooter's names and photo images. Making people famous whom chose to commit suicide, ending their lives by shooting as many people as possible. Debaters chose to theorise media have no responsibility to withhold names and showing photos of accused shooters.

Add reasons Dick Smith finances commercials on population growth warnings, I have yet to hear during my limited monitoring media, discussion/debates on population growth in Australia and world wide. Hearing from an ABC television breakfast host, ABC doesn't have a guideline policy to provide awareness on population growth.

My awareness opinion is media have selective awareness pretend discussion/debates are much the same as climate change warning awareness. Humans effecting climate change solutions don't include increasing third world population growth past sustainable resources.

USA have a history of encouraging immigration from poor countries as poor people work to points of extreme physical exhaustion for minimum wages.

USA leaders whom quote god beliefs may have hidden ideology beliefs that god is what happens, that by allowing firearm weapons to be easily purchased, population growth will control itself. That media are encouraged to report selective violent crime and murder stories, as psychologically poor emotionally bored and frustrated by authoritarian rules, bored people starved of attention are influenced to perform prompted by media behaviours.

I suggest, many society citizenry looks to media to entertain bored by school and employment tasks to inspire easy understanding self-intelligence awareness... media feed citizenry with crime stories, hurried, shifting verbal comments and quick zero complex thought inspiring emotional stimulating dark images, similar to entertainment movies.

School teachers are being accused of depriving students of knowledge focusing student attentions on upcoming examination “fact” answers, increasing student mental stresses. Media fail follow through on media forum discussion/debate rare single sentence comments that student stresses are predominating causing metal depression and self-medication drug abuse and alcohol addictions.
Posted by steve101, Wednesday, 18 October 2017 11:15:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What's Afghanistan's opium production lately, I bet it's breaking records.
Why else do you think soldiers guard it.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 18 October 2017 12:09:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I often hear in reply to any one of my several establishment fooling citizens using lies, conspiracy theories, hearing “if there were anything bad happening, we would hear about it”. My reply is to say politicians and occasional Hollywood producer's poor often embarrassing behaviours showing media/democracy transparency have a gradual effect on listeners and readers whom feel intelligent for realising politicians embarrassing statements are real as though judgement memories are influenced by school classroom teacher embarrassing student dramas, emotional stimuli evidence indicating open democracy transparency. That open transparency proves in many citizenry's assumptions “if there were anything bad happening, we would hear about it”. Yet citizenry are educated to answer questions quickly without extensive thought, school educated human intelligence have not enough Homo-Sapien intelligence to realise too many embarrassing scenes and obvious bad decision making media story simple unproven analogies are coming from hundreds of years of age-old-proven preformed propaganda.

Add media's hurried spoken statements fast moving news stories, giving no silent periods between sentences and news stories. Eventually many listeners have proficiently turned off attempting to memorise sentences for any extensive time until/waiting for rare selective subjects of interest to catch listeners attention, only then do listeners attempt to remember story themes and/or spin doctor propaganda themes.

Children court up in school lessons try to remember everything, to news stories ignoring almost everything waiting for something interesting and relevant.

Once again I say sending children to school while children are easily influenced by emotional stimuli amplified and/or misdirected by classroom, children hurried, not able to understand how mental stress represses memorising tasks. Mental stress messes with early aged children's brain neuron memory learning connections.

What happens to children during early learning years maybe repressed and/or constantly corrected during remaining years using some authoritarian figure forcing compliance, when teenagers and young adults having left school become self-determined, poor thinking skills lead to various emotionally driven addictions: gambling; over extended borrowing; alcoholic dependence; any one or more emotionally persuasive difficult to control addictions. When asked to think out a problem, thoughts merely become painfully felt wrong worrying.
Posted by steve101, Thursday, 19 October 2017 9:07:55 AM
Childhood memories on learning new information, working out whether information is thinkable usable knowledge or merely ignorable irrelevance, being the obvious self-learning behaviour of thought.
Deprived of thought, gradual increasing mental stress, teachers forcing controlled learning within confined environments, information felt as bad, learnt information should be ignored, should be forgotten. Classroom learning comes with emotional fears, fears of not understanding, not getting ideas correct, not being able to listen for many hours.

Fears and bad felt memories often brought on by visual image memories to which something was performed badly prior to present moments, inspiring childhood learning to feel better by correcting badly felt behaviours.
Adding increase mental stress to environments of learning adds bad felt memories to whatever is being learnt. Learners by reasons of human natural selection would want to repress all knowledge containing bad memories. Quick analogy, schooling stuffs-up human learning behaviours.

Classroom learning added mental fatigue lasting long continuous periods, forces childhood learning to simplify knowledge behaviours: sports; simple jokes; physical bullying; narcissism activities.

Resent media forum quests whom criticise NAPLAN and/or too many tests, quickly concludes to be mere one time short sentenced media statements. My first above discussion post being how media opioid crisis awareness is little more than advertising a product up for sale. Media could be more harmful to listeners by providing a solution to what most school learned youth feel as a problem. The problem being how self-esteem mentioned as an important issue to people should be one of the least important problem issues. Schooling can destroy self-esteem, which once self-esteem has declined, behaviours become apparent to reinforce self-esteem, by reducing other children's self-esteem by bullying other students. Conflict between students becomes an emotional learning experience, infecting memories by means of repeating behaviours.

My directly above paragraph statements relays that forum discussions have more useful ideas to express which could highlight one reason why young people find opioid addiction an escape from reality, beginning with mild mental depression which could exaggerate boredom. What maybe believed as boredom is a percentage degree of stressful learning memory trauma mental depression.
Posted by steve101, Thursday, 19 October 2017 9:13:27 AM
Any financed by government announced studies on mental stress within classrooms I suspect will last for years and like royal commissions fade into background information. When people wonder what's being done, unspecified criteria studies are said to be in progress, expected to last a considerable time, that no decisions on education policy will be carried out until studies are completed.
Short media comments say final study/inquiry reports are often ignored. I say study reports can be broad vague wordy confused, as ABC Utopia on military defence explains, no person can understand drafted military projected hardware sentence meanings.

Education spokes persons focus attention on mentally disabled students as though disabled students are the only problem needing solutions.

Is Opioid Crisis Awareness a good thing or NOT? Like advertising: billboards; television commercials; Internet sidebar advertising... media crime news drug seizures, any prompting of an existence of something creating awareness, should be deemed as advertising a product up for sale.

Forcing children to do something (school work) which noticeably feels metal stressing, (feeling wrong), confuses and/or distorts childhood intelligence.
An education system which forces irrelevant facts, facts having no direct usable purpose. Media advertising products children don't use and/or can't have. Humans ignoring presented information, therefore not thinking about advertised products and education fact relevance... danger warnings of opioid use merely becomes something else to ignore. Add childhood brain opioid rewards for defying authoritarian instructions and/or not doing a number of instructed tasks, plus overwhelming mental stresses which confuse awareness sense between good and bad, that feeling good now is more important than how one feels tomorrow. I speculate one off instances of physical pain, and/or above normal mental depression, quick emotional decision to try a medicating drug, beginning a pathway of addiction.
Previous in doing nothing boredom while first experiencing opioid drug pleasures, creates an added purpose, an emotional driven purpose quest for the next fix.
Posted by steve101, Thursday, 19 October 2017 9:17:46 AM
Hollywood academy awards best pictures, I suggest are given to the worst produced movies. My assertion movies are often financed by corporations: banks etc., whom realise the benefits of keeping society Neanderthal dumb, Neanderthals unable to think complex thought past sports enthusiasm and irrelevant to society fake/propaganda political stories.

Where extreme religions have repressed individual thought, media stories indifferent to best practice society displays, displays of horrifying society stories have redirected/denied probable Homo-Sapien intelligence, instead stimulate emotional pleasures together with aggression: sex; violence; crime; intelligent bad guys; Harry Potter magic; comic book science fiction; Lord Of The Rings dark mystery, highlighted with dragons... such movies claim to be great productions, I suggest are promoted and shown often, as such stories are financed for purposes of denying audiences increased wisdom, audiences denied/deprived of wise consideration, left dumbfounded by movies known by audiences whom feel fictional serious consequences if hero actors fail in their difficult to achieve goals.

All the studies, all the occasional media theories, I strongly suggest ruling classes will not want to loss control of effective propaganda persuasions.

As I suggest in 1990 Paul Keating gave Australia a recession Australia had to have. Media eventually comes out saying Paul Keating was the world's best treasurer, regardless how many people believed the comment, any person saying the recession was a conspired ruling class rip-off of working class wealth conspiracy. Badly educated, traumatised thought, human inbuilt memories beliefs that conspiracies don't exist, by simple sports loving Neanderthals. On hearing any conspiracy theories quickly state “if there were anything bad happening conspiracies, we would hear about it”.

The theory: does it matter whether the various spectrum of media companies are owned by a limited number of people, suggesting that too few owners of media information providers in counties, risks losing true democracy media transparency, limited number of media will control government policies by selectively controlling media stories. Limited number of ownership media turning citizenry democracy into foolscap dictatorships. I suggest I don't see any difference in chosen story priorities, media news providing same-to-similar headline articles.
Posted by steve101, Thursday, 19 October 2017 9:22:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy