The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are women welcome on OLO...

Are women welcome on OLO...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. 13
  15. All
//Unfortunately for me, my written skills are somewhat limited//

I disagree, o sung wu. The point of language is for communication, not for having a big dick contest about who has the best spelling or grammar.

You have sufficient grasp of the language to communicate your ideas (ideas that I may not necessarily always agree with) in forthright & honest manner, and you are unfailingly polite. Your style may not be as polished as some, but your posts are always worth reading... unlike some I could mention.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 12 October 2017 3:25:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear O Sung Wu,

As I've told you in the past - your spirit gives mine
wings. You have the knack of putting a smile on
people's faces, cheering them up with your generosity
and kindness. You are a loving, caring, feeling, human being.
And you add so much to this Forum. There is nothing
wrong with your skills in communicating your thoughts to
us. Your contributions are very, very, much appreciated.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 12 October 2017 5:54:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thank you TONI LAVIS & FOXY... for your undeserved praise. Nevertheless I've been somewhat thuggish in the past and have learned to be far more pacifying, than I have ever been. Otherwise there's no point in belonging to the Forum I guess.

Apropos the topic, I must admit I've not particularly noticed who the female contributors are, other than the more obvious among them. I guess in reality we should endeavour to treat everyone with respect regardless of their gender. There's no doubt, we all bleed when we're cut, so any remark we may level at one another, can cause emotional hurt, if aimed with maleficence?

Surely the intention of OLO and the Forum, is not to intentionally (vocally) hurt somebody, the result of that 'hurt' really couldn't be measured, purely because of a few weeks or months absence from the Site? Rather, it's to respectfully argue a point of view, right or wrong with others. And at the same time learn to better argue your case in writing.

I had an old Boss, whenever you entered his office, whatever you asked for, his response was always the same '...ah just give me a few lines, OK...'? Your entire family might've been killed by an axe murderer, and you sought compassionate leave '...ah just give me a few line, OK...'? He loved pieces of paper, consequently his desk was strewn all over with the stuff! It was you, FOXY who indicated many of our young are almost illiterate in the way they write and spell? And you're right! I know of one kid (girl 16+-) who cannot write cursively at all. She prints nicely and clearly but she simply cannot employ cursive writing when taking notes?

So OLO and/or the Forum are ideal Sites, and provide great opportunities for us to practice arguing our cases... on 'paper' as it were. Thus polishing up on old skills, or learning afresh?

TONI LAVIS my friend; I wish I possessed your quick wit and lightening rejoinders, your seem to have in spades! Thank you both. Great 'ode' to OLO there Foxy :-) !
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 12 October 2017 8:08:33 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Philips:

“One regular to OLO (whom it looks like I may have FINALLY gotten rid of) once tried to portray me as a potential rapist, and all for discrediting his ridiculous position on marriage equality.”

Maybe women are put off from contributing to OLO by the ‘snowflake’ sensitivity of those like yourself who need to cry for help about a situation that they are unable to emotionally come to grips with long after it has occurred.
Posted by phanto, Saturday, 14 October 2017 4:31:27 PM
Dear phanto,

Actually, you're quite wrong.

Cossomby summed things up rather well in two posts
(pages 3 and 4) of this discussion as to why not only
females, but so many have left in droves.
Read the reasons for yourself.
They are quite revealing.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 14 October 2017 4:55:52 PM
Foxy:

Unless people tell us why they have left then we don't know who is right or wrong so I may not be 'quite wrong' at all and you and Cossomby could be 'quite wrong'.

We'll never know for sure but that does not mean we cannot speculate.
Posted by phanto, Saturday, 14 October 2017 5:05:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 11