The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > America; too many guns - far too many massacres: What can they do about it?

America; too many guns - far too many massacres: What can they do about it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. Page 31
  10. 32
  11. All
I'm not interested in what myth busters did nor did I know we were being specific in the kinds of 'guns' we were referring to but, let me correct you. A nail gun cannot do what happened in Texas but it is, never-the-less, a gun, complete with cartridges and all, just like a gun. My point is that if you remove ALL the guns, people are smart enough to replace them with other similar or worse devices, that can do as much or more damage.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 21 October 2017 8:51:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Toni,

"Sorry Is Mise, I forgot how much you like splitting hairs.

There is no way that Stephen Paddock would have been able to kill 58 people and injure 527...."

Not splitting hairs at all, merely pointing out that you were wrong in your statement that "....as firearms which are designed for one purpose, and one purpose only: to kill people....", is wrong,
most firearms are not designed to kill people.

Your statement that Paddock injured 527 people is also wrong, he was ultimately responsible for their injuries but until there is a breakdown shewing the number of gunshot injuries and the number from other causes, falls etc., we will not know how many he actually injured.

Accuracy before emotion helps any discussion.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 21 October 2017 9:18:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there IS MISE; TONI LAVIS; & ALTRAV....

Gee this topic has certainly grown legs eh? Anyway folks to clear up whether or not these pellet arrangements are treated as a F/A for licensing purposes, they definitely are. Anything that's designed and capable of propelling a projectile from the muzzle of any implement, is a defined as a F/A.

There are exceptions of course, I was required to attend a large abattoir for the purpose of inspecting, and recording details of all their 'Bolt-guns'. As you all may know, this device is used to instantly stun cattle and sheep momentarily before they're slaughtered. While it's true they don't fire a missile of any description, place one against a person's chest, least of all their head, and they're dead! A very dangerous implement in the hands of crooks. So much so, other then being used or cleaned, they must be secured in an approved receptacle, just like a F/A. Any ratbag roaming the streets with one of those....well you could imagine?

Any device, from my licensing experience, that's capable of discharging a missile, is capable of killing another. Are these implements specifically designed to kill, they're not, nevertheless they are dangerous if misused.
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 21 October 2017 10:59:33 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Blind Freddy knows what a gun is - an instrument designed to kill with a projectile at a distance of at least three feet. A captive bolt pistol is not a gun. A carpenter's hammer is not a gun. The instruments that the public enemies are piling up in caches are guns.

A gun kept in a household will not stop an intruder armed with a gun as the mongrel with a gun in his hand has the drop on a householder who owns a gun but doesn't have it loaded and in hand at the instant the armed intruder invades his private space.

The most visible political enemies of the 24 million strong Australian community are parties that brand themselves Shooters' parties, usually carrying a Fishers' or Farmers' silencer.

But the Australian chapter of the Yank NRA, seeking to revert Australia to a deadly wasteland like America, which it was up to and including the Port Arthur event in Australia's string of massacres, are busy in their private gatherings as well as in public space like this thread, chipping away at the relative freedom from gun anarchy that John Howard brought us.

If the Howard reforms need revisiting, it is to tighten them until they abolish loopholes (like licensing) and make gun possession by ANYONE except cops and soldiers on duty a criminal offence with a mandatory 10 year sentence.

US President Truman's advice was very wise: "When you see a finger coming in under the door, stamp on it or it's soon followed by a hand and an arm and reaching for your throat"
Posted by EmperorJulian, Saturday, 21 October 2017 12:02:28 PM
EmperorJulian's mad far leftist idealism believes that the licence is a 'loophole'. That is what foreign billionaire Soros' political sham of 'gun control' is all about though. -Bans and compulsory State confiscation at the point of a gun, of citizens' lawfully acquired and lawfully used property.

S/he demonstrates the Trots' idealism and totalitarian extremism of the NSW 'Eastern Bloc' Greens. It's their way or the highway, to a Gulag if they had their way.

Tell us now, EmperorJulian, just who do you imagine you are to be telling other people what they can and cannot do for their recreation, for example to compete in international competition?

It is YOU and others like you who are the danger and make no mistake, Australians reject your totalitarianism and will fight to protect their freedom. In that number are the many migrants who fled from the totalitarianism you represent.
Posted by leoj, Saturday, 21 October 2017 12:28:16 PM
Julian,

As I started to read your post I thought that it was another of Paul's ravings, but I was wrong, it's even sillier than his; now that's an achievement!!
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 21 October 2017 1:04:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. Page 31
  10. 32
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy