The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > America; too many guns - far too many massacres: What can they do about it?

America; too many guns - far too many massacres: What can they do about it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. 28
  9. Page 29
  10. 30
  11. 31
  12. 32
  13. All
Looks like you fellas are fighting some sort of rear guard action trying to win the Boer War, surprise, surprise, those days are long gone. You fellas should wake up and get yourself into the twenty first century. There is no logical reason to be arming society for self defence, Dodge City is a thing of the past. In the fight against crime what will win out is a well trained, disciplined police force, not some citizens militia or vigilante squad. For national defence we need a well equipped professional army. There is no place for mum, dad and the kids running around with loaded gun, not for defence or any other reason.

I mention gunnies and look what fell out of the tree; ALTRAV <<I would like to see a ground swell movement round up all these blind, deaf and dumb, and I mean stupid, greens along with that mouth that only spews out sewage and collect them all by the neck string them up and allow all the people who have in some way suffered because of these nobodies and let them stone them till there are no more greens.>>

Seems I and others have something to fear from this person. vigilante mob, taking the law into their own hands, lynching. Can't read that comment any other way.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 19 October 2017 7:32:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

I'm in the 21st C. so I wonder which century all the Greens and hangers-on were in when they wanted to ban the Adler leaver action shotgun, a prime example of 19th C technology.

When will Shoebridge et al launch the attack on the 21st C Pardus shotgun, or the currently available to make, electromagnetic fully automatic guns that any decent science student can make out of legally available bits. now there's 21st C stuff.

Check out the Pardus straight-pull shotgun, operates left or right handed and is really fast, comes with quick change box magazines or a tube.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 19 October 2017 8:33:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
At least Pauline 'Hanson' does not profess to be an intellectual. This other arrogant 'Hanson' is a nobody. She has no right, like the rest of the green garbage, to be in politics. The sooner the greens are squashed the better. I for one am sick of having to see these morons pushing a 'pipe dream' agenda. I expect real maturity in any parliament. Australia has no real maturity in our choice of ministers. So we end up with bad decisions. This is the standard practice we have experienced for decades. The govt boasts of us having 'world best practices'. Rubbish! We barely make 'just good enough'.
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 19 October 2017 9:34:32 PM
Issy, the gun fight is a constant battle, being fought on several fronts. All you speak of has to be brought under control. The Greens can only do so much, in NSW David Shoebridge our spokesperson on gun control is leading the fight in the parliament as the gun crazy mob, the Shooters and Hooters Party constantly try to white ant existing robust legislation. The forces of evil had a huge victory last May, when legislation on storage of guns was repealed. That white anting of gun storage laws was soon followed in August with the tragic death of a poor 3 year old girl from a gun left lying around her home in Lalor Park. That is the sort of human misery that these gunnies bring to people.
I do not, and never will support the uncontrolled use of guns in society. You might support the gun lobby and what they seek to do, but I believe it is only to satisfy your personal perverse pleasure, and no other reason. Throw up all the nonsense you like, about this or that murderous weapon. At the end of the day the guns I oppose are the ones that kill people.

Vigilante Bob aka ALTRAV <<Pauline 'Hanson' does not profess to be an intellectual>> you finally got something right, I agree a moron can't be an intellectual.

<<I expect real maturity>> but obviously not from yourself as you want people who disagree with you, like me. rounded up, strung up, and stoned to death. If I was not an advocate for free speech I would report your obnoxious comments to the moderator.
How many others agree with this bloke?
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 20 October 2017 3:53:31 AM
Paul, I think you will find a lot agree with me. You quote this poor little 3 year old. You choose the easy answer. The true and tough answer was the parents or guardians. As far as Hanson goes, she may not be the sharpest tool in the shed and she is not trying to make herself out to be important, whereas miss 'two dads' is. You bag me but you offer NO response as to my reasons for my comments. You cannot over simplify the issue by insisting all guns be removed from society. I have already explained I don't care one way or the other but I defend the right of someone who wants a gun. You offer me NO response to my suggestion that we still have legal 'guns', to name two in the form of spear guns and nail guns. The latter is a real gun in disguise. If you don't want to look even more irrelevant than you do right now, give me your take on the nail gun and what your suggestion would be. I give real perspectives, all you do is repeat what others say and just mock them or their comments. You have made yourself and your comments irrelevant by just 'bagging' people instead of engaging in real and constructive dialogue.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 20 October 2017 4:39:12 AM
Paul,

The usual obfuscation from you;
"The forces of evil had a huge victory last May, when legislation on storage of guns was repealed. That white anting of gun storage laws was soon followed in August with the tragic death of a poor 3 year old girl from a gun left lying around her home in Lalor Park."

Legislation on safe storage was not repealed. FULL STOP.
Either you choose to lie or are willfully ignorant.
The three year old was killed by an illegal firearm, illegally held and illegally modified, a failure of the gun laws if ever there was one.
But then the Greens don't go after criminals they prefer to attack the soft target of the law abiding gun owner.

When they had the chance to shew a bit of backbone and support tougher gun laws against criminals they squibbed out.

Mates stickng together?
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 20 October 2017 7:51:20 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26
  7. 27
  8. 28
  9. Page 29
  10. 30
  11. 31
  12. 32