The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > America; too many guns - far too many massacres: What can they do about it?

America; too many guns - far too many massacres: What can they do about it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21
  13. ...
  14. 30
  15. 31
  16. 32
  17. All
o sung wu,

I wouldn't get too down and depressed. Where Australia is concerned it is just the same old 'switcheroo' of propagandists, where the NSW Greens and a few 'gun control' activists (who refused to answer direct questions from the Australian Senate on their membership), are pretending that what is happening a half a world away is actually happening in Australia, which of course it isn't.

They do the same thing where they sledge Australian police for alleged, usually fake news reports of 'police brutality' in the US.

They do the same thing where they criticise President Trump and heavily imply that the same alleged wrongs are being committed by their target in Australia, be that Abbott, Turnbull or whoever.

It is all shabby political spin, propaganda.

As for the US, you can be confident that the media is always concentrating on the bad news. The LA incident was shocking, but out of over 340 million there will be grubs who might be encouraged by the stupid rhetoric of idiot and unethical politicians and media. It is up to us to criticise the cynical Oz political grubs who are short on ethics and principle. We need to insist on this as the minimum standard for reporting and denounce grubby politicians who chase ambulances,

http://www.reportingonmassshootings.org/
Posted by leoj, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 6:29:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
EJ, it must be of the most worrying concern to all good folk, that large numbers of gunnies are stockpiling large numbers of guns. For what purpose. it is obvious. To quote leoj, a supporter of a well armed private citizens militia;

"I (leoj) cannot see any logical reason why s/he shouldn't be allowed to own any legal firearm and any number of them."

No doubt primed and ready for when leoj puts out the call to arms!

Issy, I answered all your questions, can't you give us even a little bow-peep into what instructions you have been given by your North American command.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 6:42:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear o sung wu.

Don't sweat it mate. We have all had our say and I'm not sure the real gun nuts are every going to modify their positions whatever is said here. It is kind of depressing that it will probably take another slaughter here before the tide of gun law dismantling gets turn around. Which is a pity because some strong political will could have stood up to the gun lobby and preserved what it took 35 innocent lives to achieve. It just hasn't happened.

On a lighter note I'm wondering if you have availed yourself of the Australian comedian Jim Jefferies and his take on the American gun laws. If you haven't then please do so. Sometime it is our jokers who get away with telling the truth to entrenched cultures where the rest of us couldn't go there. He liberally uses profanity so perhaps not watching this around sensitive ears is advised.

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rR9IaXH1M0

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UFyNy-rw4
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 7:10:45 PM
Paul1405,

You need to lay off that wacky baccy.
Posted by leoj, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 7:11:45 PM
Julian,

"My exact words were "30 thousand-plus Yanks shot dead every year".
What part of that was misleading?"

As the subject under discussion is murders, then throwing in suicides is misleading and as you originally said "....thirty thousand gun homicides"
and suicide is not considered homicide or murder then you are either stupid or being deliberately misleading, personally, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I note that no one has issued any solution to the use and manufacture of a portable 1.25kJ Coilgun ; it's silent, all easily obtained components particularly ammunition.
Ditto the The “CG-42” Gauss Machine Gun, which is a first-of-its kind full-auto, 8-stage coilgun powered by Lithium Polymer batteries.

This is a better link
http://www.deltaveng.com/

Although the inventor says that these guns will not kill, they are, none the less, lethal weapons in Australia, still they are subject to development and new ideas.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 8:29:29 PM
Thanks Steele, watched Jim Jefferies, and his black comedy delivers a most disturbing message that any thinking person can understand.

Leoj, your ill founded far right anything goes view on guns should be of real concern. Give those who hold the same views as you, people like One Nation and others within the Australian gun lobby, a free hand to dictate to the rest of us on the subject, and we would all have something to fear. Luckily you're not in control, and fortunatly not likely to be any time soon.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 8:33:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21