The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Who is boycotting the ssm survey?

Who is boycotting the ssm survey?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 36
  10. 37
  11. 38
  12. All
cont'd ...

I agree with Scott Morrison who stated that -

"This survey will give us a very clear picture about
whether the Australian people want to see a bill like
this one come into the House and be dealt with by the
Parliament. We have been given an opportunity to have
our say. It is important that we do so."

He also explained about religious protections being
put in place. Mr Morrison said -

"This is a survey, effectively the plebiscite that
the Government promised to the people at the last election.
If that is passed, then a private members' bill would be
facilitated and the Parliament would work through the
bill." Meaning adding the necessary protections.

To not take part in this survey would be foolish.
We should not ignore the opportunity we have been given.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 13 September 2017 8:58:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is understandable that the public would be so exasperated with not being heard by political parties that pander to minorities to buy their vote in swinging marginal seats that the public sees no worth in exercising their democratic right to vote.

Through refusal to allow their own members to influence party decisions and adamant refusal to move in the direction of Party intra-democracy - in fact the opposite is usual and elites and factions rule - the three, Labor, LNP and Greens exhibit their contempt for democracy. Arrogance betrayed by their referral to the public as 'punters', foolish gamblers.

That is why Trump was elected in the US. And why he is re-electable.

Any who disagree with the survey and the way they are being treated by the political elite should vote 'NO'.
Posted by leoj, Wednesday, 13 September 2017 9:00:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,
> I'm going to vote early & often, so I can see what it feels like to be a lefty.

I understood the phrase "vote early and often" originated with the Orangemen of (mostly Northern) Ireland, who had a reputation for being pretty right wing.

How did you come to associate it with lefties?
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 13 September 2017 9:08:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm going to walk around pretending I've got a carrot up my ass so I can pretend I was born to rule and therefore always RIGHT because mummykins and daddykins said so/wouldn't(/...refused to...) apologise for class ......... !
Posted by mememememememe, Wednesday, 13 September 2017 11:57:26 AM
...because they were tryhard, ...obviously <rolls eyes> &#128541;
Posted by mememememememe, Wednesday, 13 September 2017 11:59:21 AM
Hi Mememe,

I'm trying to deconstruct your posts in the context of homosexual marriage. Nope, still can't get it. Was that a plea for vegetable rights ? Including the rights of homosexual vegetables ? Yes, why should only humans be allowed to marry ? Should one be able to marry one's favourite vegetable, such as - as you point out so eloquently - a carrot ? I wasn't aware that there were male and female carrots though - perhaps all carrots are male, just as all mangoes are female ?

Of course, anal intercourse is now legal, so there should be no legal problem for you to have relationships with, or even to marry, a carrot. Mind you, it might only last a few weeks, judging by the carrots in my fridge. Hmmmmm .... so sexy when they were fresh :( Now you've given me ideas >:)

Once the current marriage laws have been broken down, and we move towards polyamory, can this include vegetables ? Pets, I can understand, even trees, but vegetables ? What would be the point ? Very short-term marriages, before they shrivel or rot ? Wouldn't that come close to some form of prostitution ? How would inter-life-level marriages affect inheritance rights ? Could divorce rules be extended to vegetables ? Then what about the division of property ? Visiting rights to any offspring ?

Too complicated for me :(

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 13 September 2017 12:50:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 36
  10. 37
  11. 38
  12. All