The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > National Roll-Out of 'Safe Schools' Proposed

National Roll-Out of 'Safe Schools' Proposed

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Tony,

Given the furore when Abbott stood in front of a sign that said "ditch the witch", I doubt the left would have maintained the call for free speech if a conservative commentator had called for Gillard to be anally raped.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 16 September 2017 9:14:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Julia Gillard maintained that Tony Abbott's career should have been ended because a poster, 'ditch the witch' with a cartoon witch on a broomstick, was one of the many posters behind him when he addressed a crowd. Senior Labor politicians, PM and Ministers, stormed about it.

"Five years later, Ms Gillard has told ABC journalist Sarah Ferguson, in part three of her The Killing Season: The Long Shadow documentary, that should have finished Mr Abbott's career.

"I really don't know why this wasn't a career-ending moment for Tony Abbott – sexism is no better than racism," she says.

Former trade minister Craig Emerson says he "felt like vomiting when I saw the signs.."
[SMH, June 23 2015]
Posted by leoj, Saturday, 16 September 2017 10:16:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If we're going to start to add up who said what
about whom over the years - what will that
achieve?

We have political commentary on many sides
that we can point the fingers at.
Mine side is better than yours?
Really? I don't think
that anything productive will be reached in discussions
of this sort - just more
attacks and the spread of hatred. And surely we can do
better than that.
An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth will result
in us all ending up blind and toothless.
Most of us are surely better than that.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 16 September 2017 11:10:23 AM
I believe the 'safe schools' agenda is far more divisive than we are led to believe. I vaguely remember it was introduced under the banner of stopping school bullying. What we were not told was the ones being bullied were in fact 'different'. The schools started telling the children, 'you can be whatever you want to be' implying gender choice. I thought gender fluidity was another phrase used. So it turned out that any child that considered themselves to bat for the other side was set upon for doing so. Don't kid yourselves, I know just a fraction of this awful legislation, but the little I know gives me grave concerns and fear for our children and where these sick bastards are leading them. It's such a farce, these pathetic teachers will not lift a finger to discipline the same children that they will happily groom, making them just another pedophile. A govt sanctioned one. How do you like that?
Posted by ALTRAV, Wednesday, 20 September 2017 5:21:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy