The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is the 'Special Persons Day' message just the beginning

Is the 'Special Persons Day' message just the beginning

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All
Dear Is Mise,

Not to worry there's no need.
Banjo has obviously already read the item.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 9 September 2017 8:36:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

There was a need before he read it and you wasted time directing him to it, good manners would have been to repost in the right thread.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 9 September 2017 8:58:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There is a very interesting article by Miranda Devine regarding a survey taken of gay people and their thoughts about SSM.
I was actually rather shocked by how many are worried about the flow on consequences and how many would vote no if protection for other people's rights aren't built into the legislation.
Which proves what many of us have been saying all along. This whole saga is nothing more than a push by a very vocal minority who aren't really looking for marriage equality, they wish to destroy the traditional social structure.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/lgbtiq-aussies-have-worries-about-gay-marriage-too/news-story/d7cfe081ed6c5e3a5558e4a4e632e835
Posted by Big Nana, Sunday, 10 September 2017 1:30:06 AM
The push to change Fathers Day to Special Persons Day is nothing more than an attempt to normalise fatherless families and render men even more irrelevant than they have been now.
I guarantee no one will ever push to rename Mother's Day because that would upset all the lesbian mothers out there.
I honestly can't believe anyone who has even the slightest contact with children would do anything to encourage women to have children without a resident father, because the statistics on outcomes for children raised in fatherless homes are horrific.
Even when allowing for economic disadvantage of a single parent, the outcomes in mental health, criminal activity, teenage pregnancy, school graduation, addiction problems, partnerships problems,youth suicide, employment rates etc. are appalling.
Even having a stepfather doesn't fully solve the problems. Nearly 70% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes!
We should be doing everything in our power to promote a healthy relationship between children and their biological parents. It's not about the selfish needs of adults, it's about the lifetime effects upon innocent children.
Posted by Big Nana, Sunday, 10 September 2017 1:39:24 AM
//The push to change Fathers Day to Special Persons Day//

Is a beat-up. Woolworths are a public company: they are required by law to try to maximise their profits to benefit their shareholders. Abolishing Father's Day would decrease their profits, so they wouldn't do it in a pink fit. It would actually be illegal for them to do so.

Of course, the fact that they're not trying to get rid of Father's Day doesn't mean that they're not trying to create Special Persons Day in addition to Fathers Day, but it's entirely to be expected that they try to come up with new ways to sell us unnecessary crap. It's called marketing; it's been around for a while now. If it bothers you that much, nobody is forcing you to shop at Woolies. I usually don't (but only because Aldi is cheaper).

//the lifetime effects upon innocent children.//

The lifetime effects upon innocent children of supermarkets selling cakes that don't say Happy Father's Day on the 1st Saturday in September? That's so ridiculously hysterical that I'm starting to wonder if this is a situation where Poe's law applies.

You do sound a lot like a certain satirical character...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybNI0KB1bg
Posted by Toni Lavis, Sunday, 10 September 2017 2:08:21 AM
Dear Is Mise,

My good manners were on show in the way in which I
replied to his uncalled for derogatory comment that
he made to me. Funny that you don't mention his lack
of "good manners."

Ah well. Now do carry on about that. More diversions.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 10 September 2017 2:45:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. All