The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is the 'Special Persons Day' message just the beginning

Is the 'Special Persons Day' message just the beginning

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Ruby is well versed and rehearsed.
Posted by leoj, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 7:57:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ar Toni, still living under that rock hey mate. I don't even watch the news anymore and I know about it.

As for Woolworths they caused their own social media storm by caving in to this tiny minority group whereby they decorated some of there cakes with 'special persons day' and displayed them alongside those with the customary fathers day decs. Their FB page went viral.

So there you go mate, you stay under you rock and I'll keep you in the loop.

But the fact is its this tiny minority of ..... who are not willing to compromise as their only option is for the majority to accept their queer ways. That's right Foxy, they are queer ways which ever way you care to look at it. I find it funny how on the one hand you can agree with what I say only to then disagree because of one word. In or out Foxy, you can't be half pregnant my dear.

The simple fact is that an addition to the marriage act will solve it all but the gay marriage thing is not the real issue because if it were they would accept their union as being different and move on.

As I say, its just the beginning and unless the majority (straight people) accept their demands they will continue to hold the tax payer to ransom.

Chances are we are about to get involved in another unwanted war. Why do we get to vote on gay marriage but not war? Go figure!
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 7 September 2017 6:40:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I will bet quids that this idea came from Melbourne the capital of
the People's Republic of Victoria !
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 7 September 2017 9:24:54 AM
This discussion is just giving publicity to an idiot
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 7 September 2017 9:25:01 AM
leoj,

I am not promoting Tiernan Brady. But then you know
that. What I am doing is
quoting what Tiernan has to say about keeping conversations
about same-sex marriage respectful, not allowing
them to fall into angry debates, insults, political
diversions or finger-pointing. This was prompted by
the opening post of this discussion and my reaction to it
which should have been clear to everyone. Tiernan Brady is
not just some mere "fly-in" as you put it. He is an
Irish politician and a LGBT rights and equality
campaigner. He is also the Director of Australians for
Equality which runs the Equality Campaign for Marriage
Equality in Australia with Australia's Marriage Equality
therefore his remarks were appropriate to be included
in this conversation.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 7 September 2017 10:38:21 AM
Foxy,

One thing is for certain, you ARE giving oxygen to, promoting, a foreigner, a would be if he could be politician, who openly admits he has come to Australia to interfere in our domestic politics.

You could come out and admit that at least.

While on the subject, how usual, predictable, is it that one and few person activists, adopt such meaty sounding titles for themselves and their 'organisations'? All in the (mis)use of language, eh?

Here is the story, it is political correctness. So no need to give a leg-up for any foreigner to hitch a ride,

"Activist pushes politically correct plan to rename Father’s Day ‘Special Person’s Day’
A PLAN to rename Father’s Day ‘Special Person’s Day’ so kids without dads won’t feel left out has been derided as ‘offensive’.

Dr Red Ruby Scarlet thinks Father’s Day needs a name change.

AN EARLY childhood activist has been labelled “offensive” after suggesting Father’s Day be renamed ‘Special Person’s Day’ so kids without dads wouldn’t feel left out.

Dr Red Ruby Scarlet, an activist with a doctorate in early childhood studies, is pushing for the name change to the annual holiday.
During an interview on Today Tonight Dr Scarlet denied it was case of excess political correctness.[She would be doing that]

“Why are we calling this political correctness when in fact it’s about our rights?” Dr Scarlet told host Rosanna Mangiarelli.
She went on: “There’s a lot of Australian research that has actually informed a lot of international research ... that has demonstrated children’s capacity to be really inclusive once they know about these ideas and they think, ‘Wow, why are people seeing this as a controversy?”
Dr Scarlet, who insisted that was her real name, said that many families without fathers supported the idea.[Bulldust]
“We have single parent families, satellite families, extended families, lesbian and gay families,” she said.”
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/wtf/activist-pushes-politically-correct-plan-to-rename-fathers-day-special-persons-day/news-story/354e0c4f6309ef0452b14936a14391e4
Posted by leoj, Thursday, 7 September 2017 11:13:35 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11