The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is the 'Special Persons Day' message just the beginning

Is the 'Special Persons Day' message just the beginning

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. All
With the suggestion of replacing fathers day with 'special persons day' now a hot debate, thanks largely to Woolworths, is this just the beginning of what these people have on their agenda.

Whether a child is raised by two women or not, that child has a father because like it or not, the sperm used to conceive the child came from a male. Same goes for two men raising a child, like it or not, the child has a mother and they also have a right to acknowledge/celebrate that person if the so choose. But either way, 'Special Person Day' is just wrong in my view.

Whether or not that child, once old enough, wishes to celebrate or acknowledge the father/donor or mother for that matter, is up to the child to decide, not the two fathers/mothers or even Woolworths for that matter.

I fear this is just the beginning of a long list of demands these queers are going to keep pushing for.

Of cause the simple answer is to amend the marriage act with an alternative clause that says 'A union between two people' whereby gay and heterosexual couples alike can use this line if they so choose.

The problem ahead is that if the 'No' vote gets up we will never hear the end of it, which would be fine except for the hundreds of millions of 'Borrowed Dollars' we have and may well continue to pump into this so called important issue.

Don't worry about asking the people if we should go to war, because obviously that's just not as important as gays rights to marry. Go figure!
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 10:06:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is the start....
Posted by mememememememe, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 11:06:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear rehctub,

I was going to reply to you in some detail.
And actually agree with most of what you were posting.
However, you lost me with your reference to
"these queers."
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 11:52:57 AM
My thoughts exactly, Foxy.

Such talk is not indicative of someone who is willing to engage in the issues seriously and thoughtfully.

As for the "survey", it may not even happen now going by the facts presented to the High Court yesterday.
Posted by AJ Philips, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 12:00:45 PM
How much love do LGBTPWBQNDB have for animals and whales? The field creatures have rights and need understanding for mating habits. Either cattle and mice get married or the gay specials are rutting .
Posted by nicknamenick, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 12:02:38 PM
rechtub,

It is not 'discrimination', because the politically correct 'Progressives' (Regressives) relegate mothers to the 'special persons' category too.

One suspects that Gays are already ruing the day they allowed the feminists and the attention-seeking Gay Pride bullies to lead.

Julia Gillard and the Emily's Listers soon made their $$ hay out of revised de facto 'relationship' married status, as the opportunist educated middle class are good at doing. As a bonus they got to hollow-out and devalue 'traditional marriage' (sic) that feminists have long hated, along with family.

The elite did very well for themselves. They will roll in the hay forever.

But the rest, the 'punters' (as the political elite rudely regard the public), not so well, now being subject forever to the State, public servants and Courts and lawyers, telling them if they are in a 'relationship' or not and enforcing the full expensive procedural complexity of the federal law and court appearances to resolve issues that homosexuals were previously able, adult, to resolve by themselves.

Any wonder the legal fraternity are laughing all of the way to the bank and the Federal Court is swamped, 2-4 year delays in Queensland for instance, while the unfortunate victims (they ARE victims!) of the legal paraphernalia expend their assets and go broke. $20-30k just to get to a mediation and then another $60k+. Meanwhile, assets are frozen and encouraged legal/adversarial-induced hatreds fester, along with alienation. Alienation against society too, where resources are usually so depleted that one or both can be reduced to a room in a boarding house.

There is no going back now. It was always the 'Progressives' presuming to know what was good for them and that being overshadowed by the selfish interests and idealism of the so-called 'Progressive' elite.

I don't believe that the majority of homosexuals were ever properly informed and consulted. That is a pity and lost opportunities. Because modern life, especially the technology we have implemented before we understood it, does need different options, different lifestyles and group solutions, in housing& transport, as examples.
Posted by leoj, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 12:47:48 PM
Dear AJ,

People need to show real discipline in not taking the
bait as they are being provoked. We need to have respectful
conversation, not angry debates, insults or political
diversions and finger-pointing. As Tiernan Brady points
out. Marriage Equality is not merely an argument about
policy or an issue it is about real people. It is about
their status and dignity in our society.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/15/we-must-campaign-for-marriage-equality-with-the-same-dignity-and-respect-we-are-seeking
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 2:35:31 PM
The thing was a complete fizzer. There is still a limit to the nonsense that most Australians will tolerate from idiots. For example, I am advised by one of my daughters that all the girls walked out on the barking-mad Clementine Ford when she refused to take questions from boys at a recent event. We must never forget that all females are not lunatics.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 2:45:01 PM
special persons day is April 1
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 3:54:58 PM
Foxy:

“It is about their status and dignity in our society.”

Nobody needs status and dignity since they already have those things by virtue of being a human being. No one can take those things away from you and it is emotionally manipulative to suggest that they can. It is trying to engender sympathy for a situation that does not exist.
Posted by phanto, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 5:02:02 PM
Dear ttbn,

I'm sure that you'll also agree
that not all men are intelligent.

Dear runner,

April 1st is the date you've chosen.
Interesting.

Dear phanto,

Tiernan Brady is an Irish politician and LGBT rights
and equality campaigner. He is the Director of Australians
for Equality which runs the Equality Campaign for Marriage
Equality in Australia with Australian Marriage Equality.
He has pointed out in several articles that we must
all vote with our consciences but also with respect for
each other and most importantly with respect for the
people whose views do not agree with our own.

He emphasised that we need to have a respectful conversation
not angry or insulting debates that Marriage Equality is not
merely an argument about policy or an issue but that it is
about real people. That it is about their status and dignity
in society. He was speaking from experience as a gay man.
I wish that it was true that people in the LGBT community
did enjoy the status and dignity in our society that they
as human beings are entitled to do. But according to Ternan,
they do not. And he is speaking from his
own experiences.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 5:33:29 PM
//With the suggestion of replacing fathers day with 'special persons day' now a hot debate//

A hot debate? This is the first I've heard of it. I'm going to assume that it is only 'hot' for a given value of hot.

//thanks largely to Woolworths, is this just the beginning of what these people have on their agenda.//

Well if it's Woolworths we're talking about, there is only one thing on their agenda: profit. Because too much market share is never enough.

Father's Day (and Mother's Day, Valentine's Day etc.), in their current form, are largely the creation of advertisers, in an effort to get us to consume more. And hey, it works: Father's Day is great for retailers. I bought my dad a blueberry bush: he enjoys gardening, the local nursery enjoy my money, and I get a warm fuzzy.

Apparently the ad men have done so well that Father's Day is so sacred that anything perceived as a threat to it is abomination. But I think you've got the wrong end of the stick, butcher.

I really, really doubt that retailers want to replace Father's Day: I think they want to create another Special Consumer Day in the eternal quest for a bigger nest of gold on which to rest their scaly heads. Hey, it's worked before.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 5:47:06 PM
Foxy:

“I wish that it was true that people in the LGBT community
did enjoy the status and dignity in our society that they
as human beings are entitled to do. But according to Ternan,
they do not. And he is speaking from his
own experiences.”

Status and dignity are not dependent on what others think about us or on what others do to us. Ternan obviously does not agree with this and that is his problem. His problem stems from his own attitude to his own dignity and status and he must take responsibility for this. If you see your status and dignity as being dependent on the actions of others then you are your own worst enemy. Not everyone has his attitude and he should not speak as if they do.

He is responsible for what he thinks and he should not act is if everyone else also thinks that way. Homosexuals have all the status and dignity they need. These things are not conferred by society nor can they be taken away by society. They are attitudes to one’s self which are determined by the way one feels and thinks. We all have a responsibility to examine the way we think and society should not give in to people who refuse to accept that their own status and dignity are in their own hands.
Posted by phanto, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 5:51:36 PM
Dear phanto,

My dignity and status in not in question and is
irrelevant.
This is about the dignity and status of gay
people.

They speak from their experiences whether you
choose to recognise the legitimacy of those
experiences or not is irrelevant to me and to this
discussion.

I have no further wish to discuss anything further
with you.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 6:04:24 PM
Foxy:

"You" and "your" do not mean you personally. Is that how you always interpret those words?

They don't speak from their experiences - they speak from their attitudes to those experiences and there is something fundamentally flawed about those attitudes which is not shared by everyone else.

They have to take responsibility for their own attitudes to their experiences like everyone else has to. Society should not let themselves be conned into believing such attitudes are universal and into feeling sympathy where none is appropriate.
Posted by phanto, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 6:20:09 PM
Did I miss anything?

Is it illegal for anyone to celebrate anything, including any person, on any day?

Why should we be concerned about what other people celebrate?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 6:52:28 PM
I can't imagine why politically correct Foxy would be promoting some fly-in from Ireland in preference to Oz's home-grown complainers,

"Activist pushes politically correct plan to rename Father’s Day ‘Special Person’s Day’

A PLAN to rename Father’s Day ‘Special Person’s Day’ so kids without dads won’t feel left out has been derided as ‘offensive’.

Dr Red Ruby Scarlet thinks Father’s Day needs a name change.
AN EARLY childhood activist has been labelled “offensive” after suggesting Father’s Day be renamed ‘Special Person’s Day’ so kids without dads wouldn’t feel left out.
Dr Red Ruby Scarlet, an activist with a doctorate in early childhood studies, is pushing for the name change to the annual holiday.
During an interview on Today Tonight Dr Scarlet denied it was case of excess political correctness.
Her ideas were met with a stern rebuke from New South Wales Liberal minister David Elliott, who called them “rubbish”.
“Can’t believe that someone who professes to be ‘enlightened’ would advocate such crap,” Mr Elliott wrote on Facebook.
“People still celebrate fatherhood even after their father and grandfathers have passed away, in fact for many people Father’s Day is a wonderful time of reflecting and remembering.”
He went on: “Dr Red Ruby Scarlet — you are the offensive one. Maybe we should start a campaign to address that.”

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/wtf/activist-pushes-politically-correct-plan-to-rename-fathers-day-special-persons-day/news-story/354e0c4f6309ef0452b14936a14391e4
Posted by leoj, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 7:07:21 PM
//Dr Red Ruby Scarlet//

Really? Is it April already?

I smell a hoax. Can't wait for next Monday's Media Watch...
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 7:37:57 PM
Ruby is well versed and rehearsed.
Posted by leoj, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 7:57:47 PM
Ar Toni, still living under that rock hey mate. I don't even watch the news anymore and I know about it.

As for Woolworths they caused their own social media storm by caving in to this tiny minority group whereby they decorated some of there cakes with 'special persons day' and displayed them alongside those with the customary fathers day decs. Their FB page went viral.

So there you go mate, you stay under you rock and I'll keep you in the loop.

But the fact is its this tiny minority of ..... who are not willing to compromise as their only option is for the majority to accept their queer ways. That's right Foxy, they are queer ways which ever way you care to look at it. I find it funny how on the one hand you can agree with what I say only to then disagree because of one word. In or out Foxy, you can't be half pregnant my dear.

The simple fact is that an addition to the marriage act will solve it all but the gay marriage thing is not the real issue because if it were they would accept their union as being different and move on.

As I say, its just the beginning and unless the majority (straight people) accept their demands they will continue to hold the tax payer to ransom.

Chances are we are about to get involved in another unwanted war. Why do we get to vote on gay marriage but not war? Go figure!
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 7 September 2017 6:40:03 AM
I will bet quids that this idea came from Melbourne the capital of
the People's Republic of Victoria !
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 7 September 2017 9:24:54 AM
This discussion is just giving publicity to an idiot
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 7 September 2017 9:25:01 AM
leoj,

I am not promoting Tiernan Brady. But then you know
that. What I am doing is
quoting what Tiernan has to say about keeping conversations
about same-sex marriage respectful, not allowing
them to fall into angry debates, insults, political
diversions or finger-pointing. This was prompted by
the opening post of this discussion and my reaction to it
which should have been clear to everyone. Tiernan Brady is
not just some mere "fly-in" as you put it. He is an
Irish politician and a LGBT rights and equality
campaigner. He is also the Director of Australians for
Equality which runs the Equality Campaign for Marriage
Equality in Australia with Australia's Marriage Equality
therefore his remarks were appropriate to be included
in this conversation.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 7 September 2017 10:38:21 AM
Foxy,

One thing is for certain, you ARE giving oxygen to, promoting, a foreigner, a would be if he could be politician, who openly admits he has come to Australia to interfere in our domestic politics.

You could come out and admit that at least.

While on the subject, how usual, predictable, is it that one and few person activists, adopt such meaty sounding titles for themselves and their 'organisations'? All in the (mis)use of language, eh?

Here is the story, it is political correctness. So no need to give a leg-up for any foreigner to hitch a ride,

"Activist pushes politically correct plan to rename Father’s Day ‘Special Person’s Day’
A PLAN to rename Father’s Day ‘Special Person’s Day’ so kids without dads won’t feel left out has been derided as ‘offensive’.

Dr Red Ruby Scarlet thinks Father’s Day needs a name change.

AN EARLY childhood activist has been labelled “offensive” after suggesting Father’s Day be renamed ‘Special Person’s Day’ so kids without dads wouldn’t feel left out.

Dr Red Ruby Scarlet, an activist with a doctorate in early childhood studies, is pushing for the name change to the annual holiday.
During an interview on Today Tonight Dr Scarlet denied it was case of excess political correctness.[She would be doing that]

“Why are we calling this political correctness when in fact it’s about our rights?” Dr Scarlet told host Rosanna Mangiarelli.
She went on: “There’s a lot of Australian research that has actually informed a lot of international research ... that has demonstrated children’s capacity to be really inclusive once they know about these ideas and they think, ‘Wow, why are people seeing this as a controversy?”
Dr Scarlet, who insisted that was her real name, said that many families without fathers supported the idea.[Bulldust]
“We have single parent families, satellite families, extended families, lesbian and gay families,” she said.”
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/wtf/activist-pushes-politically-correct-plan-to-rename-fathers-day-special-persons-day/news-story/354e0c4f6309ef0452b14936a14391e4
Posted by leoj, Thursday, 7 September 2017 11:13:35 AM
leoj,

Tiernan Brady was INVITED to Australia and met
with campaign groups and political leaders in
Canberra.

You really need to get your facts straight.

As for what some other activist may say or do on any
other issue - has
nothing to do with Tiernan Brady.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/irish-campaigner-aims-to-bring-marriage-equality-to-australia-1.2595513
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 7 September 2017 11:55:57 AM
Dear rehctub,

I've already told you that I did agree with most
of what you had initially posted regarding changing
Father's Day to Special Person's Day. However your
use of the offensive "these queers" lost my interest
in responding to you because as AJ rightly pointed out
this reference was not indicative of someone who is
willing to engage in issues seriously and thoughtfully.
And since that post you have not posted anything that
would make me change my mind.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 7 September 2017 12:07:42 PM
Foxy,

There is no doubting your commitment to advocacy for matters Gay and you would instinctively and enthusiastically narrow 'Special Persons Day' to promote the Irish Gay activist and Gay Marriage.

The political correctness of 'Special persons' day was broader-based and aimed at children, impressionable minds, wasn't it and not as you would have it, exclusively for adult Gay men like that Irish activist (and the outrageous Dan Savage and ors imported by the ABC) who are very much about their own individual benefit and are seeking to change the Marriage Act.

Must the self-loathing (faux) left always be genuflecting, cringing, to foreigners, foreign everything? Can't they ever rely on their own?

Better still, will the real Left stand up?
Posted by leoj, Thursday, 7 September 2017 12:41:12 PM
I think you will find most Labor voters don't want gay marriage...

I don't know if that will prove true or not but I suspect it will!
Posted by Cupric Embarrasment, Thursday, 7 September 2017 12:48:49 PM
There is a much larger, more pressing issue that has to be addressed and is again surfaced by the SSM survey, which is the complexity and cost of divorce. There are years of delay and festering alienation from the adversarial processes. There are the social costs, perhaps hidden too in the number of suicides and DV.

-Unintended negative consequences added to, worsened, by the re-jigging of de facto by the idealistic Gillard government.
Posted by leoj, Thursday, 7 September 2017 1:05:58 PM
This too, which I raised earlier and in previous threads,

"I don't believe that the majority of homosexuals were ever properly informed and consulted. That is a pity and lost opportunities. Because modern life, especially the technology we have implemented before we understood it, does need different options, different lifestyles and group solutions, in housing& transport, as examples"

What I was saying is that before the authoritarian Gillard government re-jigged de facto to suit radical feminist ideals of the Eighties, there was some prospect that the adventurousness of homosexuals particularly (I deliberately discount bisexuals) and of heterosexual couples who found marriage not to their taste, could result in living and sharing arrangements that made better use of available housing, resources, transport (foot, cycle and public), energy and so on. It is the age of technology and hopefully, low cost sustainability.

Instead we now faced with the time-wasting superficiality of gay bunting. Soon the politicians depart for the Xmas hols. SFA done again, plenty of faux self-righteousness and outrage (Princess Wong leading) and more redundant laws in the making.
Posted by leoj, Thursday, 7 September 2017 1:43:52 PM
leoj,

We have yet to see what the end results of the postal
survey will be. The results will speak for themselves.
In the meantime we can of course, suppose all that we like about
a variety of un-related issues.

As for Special Persons Day?

It's just another diversion - and won't get off the
ground.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 7 September 2017 1:58:19 PM
Foxy don't chastise Rechub for calling them queers, that is what they
call themselves, hence the Q in the alphabet soup.

Let us not be precious, we all know why the queers and the left and
the labour party all opposed the plebiscite mail or otherwise.
Was it because they thought YES would win ?

Hmm, what do the Greens & Labour have to say about democracy ?
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 7 September 2017 2:35:28 PM
Foxy,

" It is about
their status and dignity in our society."

What about the status and dignity of heterosexual (i.e. couples of the opposite sex), perhaps, just perhaps, they all do not like their union being compared to that of a couple of hairy blokes who indulge in un-natural practices together?
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 7 September 2017 2:43:32 PM
Western Civilisation is under attack!!

The community have a right to have their views represented and they aren't ... the community are being dictated to!

The case for propaganda and fake news, let alone fake politics, in this country is now too strong to ignore. I call a revolt.
Posted by Cupric Embarrasment, Thursday, 7 September 2017 3:19:16 PM
WTF?

Maybe Tiernan Brady should be in Ireland contemplating why in 2016, a year after the SMS laws were passed, that only 1056 couples took up the SMS opportunity. With a voting population of 3.2 million it could be expected that 320,000 people might be interested in SMS uptake.

Perhaps that after the vote and all the attention seeking stopped then interest fell off as well.
Posted by WTF?, Thursday, 7 September 2017 3:27:30 PM
Maybe as a serial activist, Tiernan Brady gets his buzz out bending over and rogering 'authority' and 'society', ie 3.2 million Irish.

That is the way many activists think isn't it, that they get their jollies out of forcing 'authority' and 'society' to bend to their will?

Never satiated, they must find some other protest, somewhere.

However Australia already has plenty like that. Enough to fill some QE2 liners for the return trip, 'Thanks here are some for return". There is no need for more fresh off the boat, as it were.

It would be interesting to know how many of those 1056 couples who took up the SMS opportunity have separated since. Lesbian 'bed death' and so on.

A valid survey, off we go. Bill 'Whatever She Says' Shorten was off the blocks first with some electioneering.
Posted by leoj, Thursday, 7 September 2017 4:02:35 PM
Here here Cupric, agree totally. It is the situation that the Islamists
are taking advantage of as they repeatably keep telling us.
No children is promoted as a good thing by the left.
Yes, yes echo the Islamists.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 7 September 2017 4:34:46 PM
As foxy said 'it is all about status and image' For years homosexuals have been trying to improve their public image. Firstly they promoted the word 'gay' and promoted the idea that homosexuality was normal behavior. This marriage caper is on the same agenda, their only aim is to up their image.

Homosexuals have not earned an improved image in the eyes of most people. They still engage in sexual acts that most people find obnoxious. Apparently the left is supporting them by trying to install a grooming process into schools to encourage homosexuality.

It is not surprising that supporters of SSM find it offensive to use the word 'queers' when referring to homosexuals. But after all queer only means abnormal and as 97% of people are hetrosexual then homosexuals must be classified as 'queer'. I wonder what deviate sexual practices one would have to engage in for foxy to agree to the word queer as a description.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 7 September 2017 4:36:44 PM
I am digusted by the fact our politicians and media organisations are telling us what to think in a survey!

As a Labor voter I think Shorten is going to find out his voters don't like or agree with the way he has tried to assert the no vote have no rights to speak on what they consider the issue is.

To try and shutdown debate with specious reasoning is very very fishy behaviour from a yes vote campaign that alleges to want to have a respectful debate.

If it weren't for heterosexuals there wouldn't be a society or an industrial revolution or ivf to even discuss: we have our rights and I find this all a very very curious propaganda campaign from those who allege to represent us, the people.

This is a systemic issue and I call for a revolt. Big issues like the price of shelter for our own kids for instance cannot be talked about as things like immigration aren't allowed to be raised in attempts to properly identify the problem. We all know that a problem well defined is half solved but this is impossible with a rogue media and political class with dodgy ethical behaviours.

The high court will be under close scrutiny from a very wary electorate from now on I dare say.

What is this democracy and why are it's peoples views not allowed to be represented: it's a corruption, surely!(?)
Posted by Cupric Embarrasment, Thursday, 7 September 2017 4:49:33 PM
Dear Banjo,

I've just sent my reply to you to the "False
Argument" discussion in error.

I can't be bothered re-typing it. You can go
there and read it for yourself.

I'm done here.

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 7 September 2017 7:04:55 PM
They don’t count for two reasons, Is Mise.

<<What about the status and dignity of heterosexual (i.e. couples of the opposite sex), perhaps, just perhaps, they all do not like their union being compared to that of a couple of hairy blokes who indulge in un-natural practices together?>>

Firstly, because if unnatural practices were a reason to discriminate, then there would be no discrimination, as all heterosexual couples practice unnatural sex acts, too (okay, maybe not Orthodox Jews with their missionary-only, hole-in-the-bedsheet sex).

Secondly, because bigotry isn’t a reason to discriminate. There are many people of many “races” who are against mixed marriages, but that doesn’t mean we should ban interracial marriage. If some feel that the status and dignity of their marriage will be adversely affected, then that is their own subjective and (more importantly, in this context) minority view and, therefore, something they need to work through themselves.
Posted by AJ Philips, Thursday, 7 September 2017 11:17:23 PM
AJ,

"....heterosexual couples practice unnatural sex acts,...."

Speaking for yourself?

Although I must admit that I do indulge in an un-natural act every day or so. I shave the exposed (unbearded) parts of my face.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 8 September 2017 12:56:01 AM
Foxy,
I agree, your reply wasn't worth retyping into the correct thread.
Posted by Banjo, Friday, 8 September 2017 11:01:06 PM
Dear Banjo,

Glad that you read it.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 9 September 2017 12:36:57 AM
Foxy.

Can't you copy and paste?
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 9 September 2017 4:25:48 AM
Dear Is Mise,

I prefer self-expression.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 9 September 2017 5:55:13 AM
//Can't you copy and paste?//

She's a trained Librarian, Is Mise. I doubt there's much she can't do.

It's just a bugger scarping glue off your monitor.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Saturday, 9 September 2017 6:07:43 AM
Foxy,

"I prefer self-expression"

Most of us do, I meant just spend the few seconds that it takes to copy what you mis-posted and paste it in the right spot.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 9 September 2017 7:44:19 AM
Dear Is Mise,

Not to worry there's no need.
Banjo has obviously already read the item.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 9 September 2017 8:36:53 AM
Foxy,

There was a need before he read it and you wasted time directing him to it, good manners would have been to repost in the right thread.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 9 September 2017 8:58:09 AM
There is a very interesting article by Miranda Devine regarding a survey taken of gay people and their thoughts about SSM.
I was actually rather shocked by how many are worried about the flow on consequences and how many would vote no if protection for other people's rights aren't built into the legislation.
Which proves what many of us have been saying all along. This whole saga is nothing more than a push by a very vocal minority who aren't really looking for marriage equality, they wish to destroy the traditional social structure.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/lgbtiq-aussies-have-worries-about-gay-marriage-too/news-story/d7cfe081ed6c5e3a5558e4a4e632e835
Posted by Big Nana, Sunday, 10 September 2017 1:30:06 AM
The push to change Fathers Day to Special Persons Day is nothing more than an attempt to normalise fatherless families and render men even more irrelevant than they have been now.
I guarantee no one will ever push to rename Mother's Day because that would upset all the lesbian mothers out there.
I honestly can't believe anyone who has even the slightest contact with children would do anything to encourage women to have children without a resident father, because the statistics on outcomes for children raised in fatherless homes are horrific.
Even when allowing for economic disadvantage of a single parent, the outcomes in mental health, criminal activity, teenage pregnancy, school graduation, addiction problems, partnerships problems,youth suicide, employment rates etc. are appalling.
Even having a stepfather doesn't fully solve the problems. Nearly 70% of youth suicides are from fatherless homes!
We should be doing everything in our power to promote a healthy relationship between children and their biological parents. It's not about the selfish needs of adults, it's about the lifetime effects upon innocent children.
Posted by Big Nana, Sunday, 10 September 2017 1:39:24 AM
//The push to change Fathers Day to Special Persons Day//

Is a beat-up. Woolworths are a public company: they are required by law to try to maximise their profits to benefit their shareholders. Abolishing Father's Day would decrease their profits, so they wouldn't do it in a pink fit. It would actually be illegal for them to do so.

Of course, the fact that they're not trying to get rid of Father's Day doesn't mean that they're not trying to create Special Persons Day in addition to Fathers Day, but it's entirely to be expected that they try to come up with new ways to sell us unnecessary crap. It's called marketing; it's been around for a while now. If it bothers you that much, nobody is forcing you to shop at Woolies. I usually don't (but only because Aldi is cheaper).

//the lifetime effects upon innocent children.//

The lifetime effects upon innocent children of supermarkets selling cakes that don't say Happy Father's Day on the 1st Saturday in September? That's so ridiculously hysterical that I'm starting to wonder if this is a situation where Poe's law applies.

You do sound a lot like a certain satirical character...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RybNI0KB1bg
Posted by Toni Lavis, Sunday, 10 September 2017 2:08:21 AM
Dear Is Mise,

My good manners were on show in the way in which I
replied to his uncalled for derogatory comment that
he made to me. Funny that you don't mention his lack
of "good manners."

Ah well. Now do carry on about that. More diversions.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 10 September 2017 2:45:55 AM
Toni Lavis:

So is it a beat up or is it just the withdrawl of certain types of cakes from the supermarket. You don't sound too sure.
Posted by phanto, Sunday, 10 September 2017 2:46:36 AM
//So is it a beat up or is it just the withdrawl of certain types of cakes from the supermarket.//

The former, phanto. They didn't withdraw Fathers Day cakes from any Woolworths stores. That's just something you've made up on the spot.

Mind you, they also sold cakes that weren't decorated for Fathers Day. Oh, the humanity! Won't somebody think of the children!
Posted by Toni Lavis, Sunday, 10 September 2017 2:58:14 AM
To go with this was the noisy complaints that fruit mince pies are on the shelves of one of the supermarket chains.

This is evidently an affront to those who are not Christians, as these are special Christmas fare.

I rather like fruit mince pies, & was a bit upset when they disappeared a few months after Xmas.

I wonder when advertisers will realise many of us change channels immediately when we encounter this garbage on the so called news, & stop the rot by withdrawing their spending from the offending stations.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 10 September 2017 5:29:12 AM
It was a genuflect to Gay political correctness that backfired badly on Woolworths.

Unlike Gay activists, the general community are not be demanding employer action against the unfortunate manager who was responsible.

That is even more reasonable because so often that sort of silliness was to placate some botherer with nothing to do, who spends her/his life annoying everyone else.

One can only imagine the suggestions and demands that all manner of activists are hitting the private sector with now that some foolish CEOs have done their own virtue signalling (and so often to divert attention away from their excessive remuneration and benefits).
Posted by leoj, Sunday, 10 September 2017 6:00:36 AM
Talking about silliness, leaving with a posted 'selfie', but sans that ever-growing pumpkin roll on her forehead,

"It's a beautiful day for migrating" [nods of emphatic agreement]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4869238/Yassmin-Abdel-Magied-leaves-Australia-headed-UK.html
Posted by leoj, Sunday, 10 September 2017 6:34:53 AM
Talking about silliness indeed.

It's a perfect day for "common sense."

http://www.corybernardi.com
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 10 September 2017 11:55:53 PM
I suspect the left has so many dead beat fathers that they see no value in fatherhood when looking in the mirror.
Posted by runner, Monday, 11 September 2017 12:28:16 AM
Dear runner,

I can see that your aim in life is to defend all
those important things that made this great nation
of ours so great - normal families that don't have
any homosexuals or communists. Traditional values
that the lefties want to dismantle and replace with
a communistic state that was brainwashing as a tool
for recruiting new members and promoting fornication
and abortion.

One last point to consider. If God had intended us to
fornicate he would have made us fornicators.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 11 September 2017 3:41:51 AM
cont'd ...

Here's some "common sense"
for comic relief (satire):

http://independentaustralia.net/life/life-display/cory-bernardi-and-the-common-sense-movement,6042
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 11 September 2017 6:56:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy