The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are our gun laws being weakened?

Are our gun laws being weakened?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
Issy, has your trusty old blunderbuss blown up in your face or something, and caused blindness, only temporally I hope, as I wish you no harm, not even the self inflicted kind. Now you ether cannot read, or the continual ringing in your ears, has caused you comprehension problems.

Your question has been answered! Read it here!

Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 4:37:47 AM
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 17 September 2017 12:06:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As I said, Paul, that was a strengthening of the law.

So come on, the Greens and their pink fellow travellers have been shouting to the housetops about the weakening of the gun laws, so put up or shut up.

The truth is all the Green blather has been the usual lies and the three members of Gun Control Australia have been no better.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 17 September 2017 2:23:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Issy, you are a worse case than I thought, are you suffering from 'shell shock'? Unless I have been banging away on this computer in Swahili, and not English. by now you should understand that there have been weakening of gun laws in NSW as recently as May this year.

Just a wee bit of what I posted for your edification;

<<These include removing the requirement for gun owners to attend court and face a fine and/or a jail sentence for breaches of storage requirements. Instead, police will be able to issue a powder puff penalty notice.>>

Now tell me how that is strengthening gun laws! When you now have the Ivan Milat and Martin Bryant types, been given powder puff penalties instead of jail time!

Just in case there is a comprehension problem. I don't know any Swahili so, this will do;

Nga pu, patu = GUNS KILL.

p/s The saying is not "shouting to the housetops!" but, "shouting from the rooftops!" And that is what The Greens and other good citizens are going to do, to prevent gunnies getting their way with white anting of gun control laws.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 18 September 2017 2:48:33 AM
Paul,

Giving police discretion in minor matters strengthens the law not weakens it, a farmer friend of mine was stopped for a breath test and the constable saw a live .22 round on the floor of his ute,
He'd been out spotlighting for ferals on his property the night before.
According to the Greens the constable should have reported the lone .22 round, which had been dropped the night before, this would have led to the cancellation of the farmer's licence, confiscation of his firearms, legal costs, court time etc.,
Is this the outcome that the Greens want; bash the law-abiding but don't support tougher penalties for firearm crime?

Fortunately, the constable merely pointed to the round and went on with the breath test; using discretion, a discretion that he didn't have until the law was positively amended.

So how about a few more "weakened laws", surely you must have a long list, supplied by headquarters or are they also at a loss?
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 18 September 2017 11:02:54 AM
"Is this the outcome that the Greens want; bash the law-abiding but don't support tougher penalties for firearm crime?"

Yes. But what the Greens really want are cans to kick to get headlines. - Now that their days of barebacking Gays for headlines are coming to an end.

Where Greens are in the box seat as in the ACT government, this happens as criminal gangs fight over drug territory,

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/machine-gun-used-in-canberra-bikie-shooting-as-nomads-and-comanchero-clash-20170712-gxa1ff.html

and this,

Shootings as part of a feud between bikie gangs,
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/police-to-monitor-commanchero-bikies-during-national-run-in-canberra-20170819-gxzzb0.html

This is the problem that the Greens refuse to acknowledge, while protecting criminal gangs,

"The nation [Australia] has the inglorious distinction of having the highest proportion of recreational drug users in the world — an embarrassing new low, albeit from getting high.

Our collective craving for a hit is only set to heighten, with the number of drug users continuing to rise steadily.

The frightening statistics in the United Nation’s 2014 World Drug Report confirm Australia as leading the world in the use of party drug ecstasy, third in methamphetamines and fourth in cocaine.

Of greater concern is the addiction­ to prescribed or black market opioids such as codeine and morphine. We rank second only to the US, with 3.1-3.6 per cent of people between 15 and 65 considered regular users, mostly women."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/australia-comes-top-of-global-list-for-recreational-drug-use-in-united-nations-2014-world-drug-report/news-story/764732bd5eb5037096389fcd55bfbcab
Posted by leoj, Monday, 18 September 2017 11:21:21 AM
and we all know just what the Greens think of sniffer dogs, they might find that some of their mates are trying to smuggle drugs.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 18 September 2017 1:46:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy