The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Call to tighten immigration

Call to tighten immigration

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Hi there PHILIP S...

Sadly I think you're right. Personally I've not had much to do with these Sudanese criminals, I was limited only to the Lebanese in Sydney before I took my retirement. From what I've heard, the Sudanese are a real pain in the arse, particularly for a police force run on Labour lines as they are in VICPOL? I'm not saying individually they're not good coppers, I worked with 'em at CHOGAM in 1983, when Mick MILLER was boss. It's their top Executive who're the problem, with Graham ASHTON in their lead, as Chief Commissioner.

There's only one way to defeat these people, Lebanese or Sudanese! To control them and their activities; get right in their faces, and lean all over them. The only way too beat them - Get rid of both the LNP in Canberra, and your State Labour Govt. in Victoria, and then deport the lot of them. Knowing that'll never happen, and realising things can only change from the top...you'll just have to learn to live with them. Welcome to the new Nation of Lebanon & Somalia. Sorry PHILIP S, it's just a sad fact of life. We only get the government we deserve?
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 16 August 2017 2:01:56 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I support the concept of lowering immigration rates.

I like the One Nation concept of aiming for the zero net result. That is if x persons leave Australia in one year that is the figure for intake next year.

I also think that we should reduce the rate by preventing immigration of those that cause us problems or are not prepared to integrate into our society. For example, I would stop entry of muslims and those groups currently causing problems in Melbourne and also those groups that practice FGM and underage marriage. Not all cultures are equal in theory or practice.

It is big business and developers that influence government to adopt high immigration as it sells more consumer goods and there is no consideration of the adverse effects.
Posted by Banjo, Wednesday, 16 August 2017 2:04:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All would-be immigrants, not just Muslims, should be stopped until useless politicians and bureaucrats work out how many people WE need, if any. The intake should never be more than the 70,000 that it was before John Howard bumped it up to 200,000 to control the work force and keep wages down (he overlooked the bludgers who are still not working for lower wages because they are better off on the dole than they were where they came from).
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 16 August 2017 3:08:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn: "Big business and politicians have lied for so long about the illusory benefits of mass immigration that many people actually believe the nonsense"

Yes, mass immigration is a giant con and only seems to be making life worse for existing Australians. Other countries are able to prosper without mass immigration, so why does Australia need to be importing so many extra people year after year?

As economist Leith van Onselen has argued:

"Living standards of the incumbent Australian population is the threshold issue in the immigration debate. Living standards in the major cities are unambiguously being eroded by mass immigration via negative externalities that are not captured in the national economic accounts, such as increasing congestion, falling housing affordability, environmental degradation, etc.

Moreover, pursuing mass immigration is a growth fig leaf for governments and associated rent-seekers to pretend they’re doing the job rather than pursuing the more difficult but ultimately much wider benefits of productivity-directed reform."

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2017/07/terry-mccrann-mass-immigration-not-working-australia/

Well done to Dick Smith for raising this important issue!
Posted by JFrizz, Wednesday, 16 August 2017 10:48:51 PM
We don't need any immigration. Ever.

If we really, really need more people (which we don't), we can always make our own.

They're called *babies*!
Posted by Shockadelic, Thursday, 17 August 2017 9:09:10 AM
I wonder how many of the 200,000 plus coming here every year become citizens, and how many retain dual citizenship because they are not fully committed to Australia.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 17 August 2017 9:46:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy