The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Minor's Firearm Permits at 10 years of age.

Minor's Firearm Permits at 10 years of age.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19
  13. ...
  14. 21
  15. 22
  16. 23
  17. All
Jayb,

He removed one testicle from a person who apparently wanted it removed but couldn't stand the wait for it to be done by a qualified person in hospital.
The removal operation was performed in a motel room.

See Google, but this is the best coverage there,
http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/courts-law/police-charge-port-macquarie-man-with-unlawfully-removing-another-mans-testicle/news-story/3b58819709bcd3c86dde7be06f877e85
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 14 August 2017 5:25:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I must admit to you STEELEREDUX, I couldn't do the job today; not with individuals of Martin BRYANT'S calibre in the mix. My own patience and emotions, as well as my sense of duty would be completely overrun with such venom and hatred for such a person, I'd end up in the 'go slow' myself.

A little known fact, after they got Alan BAKER & Kevin CRUMP for the Virginia MORSE murder at Moree, one of the lead detectives had to be (openly) physically restrained by several junior members of his squad, from taking them both out. Such was the blokes absolute emotional meltdown that most of the public never realise, the effect some crimes have on all coppers, is often incalculable.

We all bleed when we're cut - whether 6ft 6" and wearing a blue uniform, or a small petite lady who's never seen a legitimate crook in her life. I'd also make a prediction as well, if Martin BRYANT was accommodated in any maximum security gaol in NSW, whether he's a strict 'non-associate' (protected prisoner) or not, he'd be just a memory by now I suspect. Risdon TAS., is probably one of the softest maximum security boobs in the Nation. Once again BRYANT lands on his feet, on the first occasion, they left him still breathing; need I say more. BRYANT'S evil crime happened under the aegis of 'Johno' JOHNSON, Commissioner of the Tassie coppers.
Emmmm?
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 14 August 2017 6:00:57 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,

Another thing that the public doesn't see is the effect that being brought to the scene of violent deaths, to 'blood' them as it were, may have on young police personnel; it has to be done and preferably not when they are operationally involved.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 14 August 2017 6:19:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What is detestable and dangerous is where the media and politicians give publicity to mongrels like the Port Arthur murderer. Recently too, to the grub who terrorised and murdered the male of a young English couple who were touring the middle.

Firstly, the grubs like the follow-ups for notoriety and it gives them a sense of ongoing power over the survivors, relatives and friends of victims and the public generally; and secondly, such publicity can encourage other attacks, copy cats, for similar media coverage.

The media and politicians know that, but for short-term selfish gain they risk people's lives.

Mongrels like the Port Arthur murderer should be left to rot in gaol, forgotten, where they know where they will be and what they will be doing in 5, 10 and indefinite years hence. A premature end is too good for them.

The sole good in a sea of bad, is that those types are not going to be recruiting others while in gaol like this monster that Malcolm wants to bring back to Australia to 'punish' him,

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/08/13/10/01/aussie-islamic-state-fighter-neil-prakash-begs-for-consular-help
Posted by leoj, Monday, 14 August 2017 6:41:17 PM
Issy did he remove that testicle with a shotgun or some such weapon? Thus ending up in the penitentiary.

I could tell you the joke about Lucky Jack who had his testicles blown off by his best mate, and irate husband, with a shotgun. But I'm afraid it would land me in the forum's sin bin for the use of profanities.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 14 August 2017 7:47:57 PM
You're quite right there IS MISE, especially with your first couple of 'fatals'. That old saying while everyone else is running around in utter panic, it's down to the first copper on the scene, irrespective of his years service, to try and remain calm and triage all those still alive, in terms of giving first aid, determining accountability, and assessing culpability. Not easy when you're a relatively young copper.

Same with a particularly bloody crime scene. Often a scene of gratuitous violence, which is frozen in a tableau of pure horror. And that image takes a long time to erase from your mind. As did my first suicide in police cells? He was a young man, looking at 18 month or so gaol, at worst. It was very hot, and muggy, and this 22 year old petty criminal couldn't handle the stifling heat in his cell. I found him at the start of my shift, c.0710hrs when I did a hand over from the night shift. Naturally it was down to me to handle the matter, despite my suspicions the night blokes deliberately left him to me, to do the Brief? That's coppers for you, the lazy bastards?
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 14 August 2017 8:51:04 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. 19