The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Man has to become a human being

Man has to become a human being

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 14
  13. 15
  14. 16
  15. All
Hi Paul,
The Elijah case is interesting and controversial and probably deserved it's own thread.
My grandmother was half-indigenous and I know the stories of her familys hardships and persucution, so don't try to play any of that white guilt on me, it doesn't work.
I'm only interested in the facts and to look at each side fairly.

You're most likely right in saying that my ancestor, of (Scottish decent) was a poor member of the wrong social class. No doubt if he had money or food of his own for his family or whatever the circumstances were, he most likely would not have been stealing sheep, if he did in fact do so, which he probably did.

Today we live in a more modern and civilised society, and every man, woman and child is allowed the benefits of welfare, which covers the cost of food, clothing, a roof over one's head, medicine, education.
So in effect, there's no real excuse for stealing.

15 or 16 is a difficult age though, especially if you come from a lower class demographic, I'll even admit that I used to often steal things at that age too.

But does a person have the right to protect their own property?
I say they do, even more so if the police themselves are going to throw their hands in their air and not address the problem.

The more someone keeps getting away with it, (stealing) the more likely they are to keep doing it, right?

What if a black person had the same point of view as me?
http://youtu.be/x3cm6_dp4M

You ask are those black americans the product of the stealing from black americans by white americans?
Is the boot on the other foot now?

What exactly do those questions mean?
Are you condoning or giving a free pass to criminal behavior?

Is your 'mindset' a continuation of the bs, justifying the other sides criminal behavior'?
(like a leftist would, seemingly supportive of anarchy)
-Or do you instead hope for fairness and mutually beneficial solutions to all parties moving forward?

Watch the video
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 7 August 2017 9:43:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry, I typed the address wrong, it was 2 underscores, not 1...
http://youtu.be/x3cm6__dp4M
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 7 August 2017 9:49:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy, you are wrong. The boy in Kalgoorlie did steal the bike. Even his own grandfather admitted that, in fact his comment to reporters was that " Elijah has stolen his last bike".
As for being deliberately run over, no one can say that. The evidence shows the bike swerved in front of the vehicle, and as, the driver admitted, he was driving too fast and too close, and thus was unable to stop.
As tragic as this case is, no one seems to have taken anything from it except produce more racist comments.
Where are the calls for aboriginal parents in Kalgoorlie to use this example as a wake up call for better parenting, for better school attendance. If Elijah had been at school that day he would still be alive now.
I can guarantee all the white victims of these constant robberies of their property have learnt a lesson from this!
Posted by Big Nana, Monday, 7 August 2017 10:08:12 AM
"the claim that he deliberately drove over the boy is pure conjecture"

Shadow, please provide evidence that at the time Elijah "was fleeing the site of a crime on a stolen motorbike" What crime had the boy committed, and what evidence did the perpetrator have to believe he could administer vigilante justice in the way he did? What was the perpetrators intent? Considering the perpetrator could be out of jail as early as next January, begs the question did he get off lightly, and why? Consider also those that drive their motor vehicles recklessly causing death, often receive a much harsher penalty.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 7 August 2017 10:14:38 AM
Here is a link that gives another perspective on
the Elijah Doughty case:

http://newmatilda.com/2017/07/23/groundhog-day-elijah-doughty-joins-a-long-list-of-deaths-with-no-justice/

It is worth a read. I know that some people will
object to this not being from the usual Main Stream
Media sources - but it's good to read
more than one viewpoint being presented.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 7 August 2017 10:34:00 AM
' That young Aboriginal boy did not steal the bike.
The bike had been discarded and dumped outside of
town where other bikes were left and dumped.
The white guy deliberately ran the young boy down.
Killed the young boy and walked free.'

Foxy you are passing on a blatant lie! The whole event was very tragic but to push the lies that Matilda and other leftist organisations have is disgraceful The man was simply trying to get back his stolen bike which the police failed to do. This man now has to live with the fact that his anger, the police failure and the perpetual lies from the aboriginal industry will haunt him. He did what many would of done and tried to retrieve his bike. To demonise him further is an utter disgrace and you should know better. There are a number of inconvenient truths that the aboriginal industry will not face up to.
Posted by runner, Monday, 7 August 2017 10:52:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 14