The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Silly Laws?

Silly Laws?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Would it make more sense to remove the source of the risk ?
Are not we always being told Prevention is better than cure ?
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 4 August 2017 6:52:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We must be careful what we say, I see that the HRC is running around looking for customers.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 4 August 2017 7:01:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In answering this question I would like to take a broader view and look at who approved the law. Not every law is passed by parliament. I am particularly and continually enraged by the laws surrounding vehicles. Whether it be the driving of said vehicle or its condition. Some states have yearly inspections, some don't.(thank god) I personally have been severely compromised financially many years ago after spending the better part of three years designing and building a new concept of transport (vehicle). During this period I was always in contact with the head of the RTA's engineering division, the number one right at the top. He was well aware of what I was doing as I consulted him along the way. When it came to licensing them he calmly said he could not license them because HE said, in his words, 'he would not let his daughter ride in one'. At this point I must say I never felt at ease with him. He had a problem with me and this was the 'pay-back'. I explained to him, his personal opinion meant less than nothing in this matter and because the vehicle was built in accordance with all the current VSR's and ADR's of the day his duty was to approve it especially when he was involved from the beginning. At the time I could not afford to take him and/or the RTA to court but had I done so I believe that without political or inside forces at play I would have won. So the moral of the story is that the law is only there to keep us mushrooms in line. Most laws are silly and unnecessary, and are only created because a few noisy, selfish, ignorant bastards insist on having their way and to hell with the rest of us. Think about it, in an election it pretty much always ends up with a tiny majority, over the losers. What you basically have is half the population got what they wanted and the other half can go and get stuffed, basically. That's not democracy, that's BS.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 7 August 2017 4:52:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy