The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > 4 year terms

4 year terms

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Dear Foxy,

Hasbeen spouting on about something he has not watched, or read, or hear is pretty well his default setting. Hardly any surprise there. Pugnacious ignorance is his shtick and he has shown little inclination for changing.

However I did come across a neat little response to ignorant trolling from the Norwegian public broadcaster.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/nrk-norwegian-news-site-comments-read-story-understand-post-quiz-questions-a7607246.html

To comment people have to answer questions about the article first.

The of course the concern that if the ABC or even OLO were to institute it would disenfranchise people like Hasbeen but a small price to pay me thinks.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 30 July 2017 1:33:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear SteeleRedux,

Thanks for the link.

It would be great for this Forum if it were applied.

However, I don't think that it would be taken on board here.
Imagine how much of the patronage the Forum would lose
if posters were checked for toxicity and comprehension.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 30 July 2017 1:48:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul,

I shall be watching the news for the NSW Senate
preselection results for the Greens. I know who
I'll be wishing makes it. They will have to renounce
their dual citizenship though and pronto.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 30 July 2017 1:56:24 PM
mhaze,

Further to what I was saying before, you can expect a huge rise in Bill Shorten's disapproval rating next week. He was doing so well up until this point, but his promise of a bad plan for another republican referendum or two has made him look desperate and out of touch. If Albo wants the top job he should challenge now!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Foxy,
I didn't say Julia Gillard was a failure. She made a few mistakes but overall (despite being a Rudd supporter) I think she did pretty well.

But her fixing the date of the election was almost universally acknowledged as a mistake. The economic disruption normally seen in election campaigns became a permanent fixture.

Britain shows just how much of a disaster longer terms are. The more time governments have before an election, the more damage they can do.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hasbeen,
"Have you forgotten the live export program, which was proven to be a stunt?"
Really? Where is the proof?

Anyway, the 4 Corners episode is at http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/four-corners/NC1704H024S00
Watch it and you'll find that, far from being a call to cut water allocations, it's a serious investigation into water theft and fraud and the NSW government's failure to take the issue seriously.

BTW, the water would never have reached the lower lakes. Instead it would have gone into the Menindee lakes, and its theft threatened Broken Hill's water supply.
Posted by Aidan, Sunday, 30 July 2017 4:02:36 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Aidan,

Thank You for sharing your views.

I tend to agree with Jeff Kennett's.

I like to think that we are different from the UK.
The only thing our governments have in common is
the Mace.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 30 July 2017 4:13:57 PM
I've got a question for anyone who knows the
answer.

Does anyone know where one of our most regular
posters on this forum - David Fisher is?
David used to post regularly and we have not
heard from him for some time. Does anyone
know if he's ill or where he's gone?

Thank You.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 16 August 2017 10:30:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy