The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > My plea to fellow Muslims: you must renounce terror.

My plea to fellow Muslims: you must renounce terror.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Steel,

Just to be clear let's distinguish between the 7 / 7 bombings in which British born nationals attacked Britain and the current round where the perpetrators appear to be foreign nationals.

Is it your position that both attacks were justified Muslim responses to British policy?

Or do you distinguish between the two cases?

Spare me a further screed on evil Britannia / America / Australia or evil Bible. I'm simply trying to grasp your point of view in relation to these SPECIFIC attacks. To make it easy for you I'll put it in the form of a Yes / No questionnaire.

7 / 7: – Justified / Not justified

Weekend car bombs: Justified / Not justified.
Posted by stevenlmeyer, Monday, 2 July 2007 6:06:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
While the talk of marriage to a cousin reminds me of some country towns I have visited it is a question that deserves an answer.
Has massive inbreeding anything to do with some human actions?
And Muslims while the most known users of this practice may not be the only people who do so.
I refuse to hide my concern that hate, blind unseeing hate ,and lies are used against us by some who freely use our open door welcome to this country.
And forever I will ask why that door was so wide and so open?
Posted by Belly, Monday, 2 July 2007 6:46:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Do the mental retardation insults related to inbreeding extend to the our own rulers - British Royal family - or are they reserved for insulting Muslims?
Posted by rache, Monday, 2 July 2007 9:06:11 PM
STeel....

a couple of points.

1/ Violence in defense of "Islam" (as opposed to some arbitrary Arab state) can be traced all the way back to Mohammad and his companions, from now. On a practical and doctrinal level.

2/ Such cannot be said about Christ. Violence can be seen in some periods of Christendom history yes. But show me where it is justified in terms of Jesus HimSELF or his teaching?

We could not gather a group of Christian youth and say "Look.. we have to really crunch these Muslims, destroy them.. remove them" and then say "Because Jesus would do it, did it, taught it" why? because he didnt... If we did, they would read their bibles and say "HEYYYYY.. you told us such and such about Jesus and its not true"!

Our calling is to proclaim the Gospel. Those who reject it.. well the harshest punishment is 'Shake off the dust of your feet against them, and move on" *OUCH* that realllly hurt :)

That is the fundamental difference from Islam and the life of Mohammad. One can immediately point to the murder of political enemies, to the invasion of suspected enemies etc and FH and others spend half their days JUSTIFYING all that.

2nd Point: Even IF our government were involved in nefarious activities, as Steven points out there are LEGITIMATE methods of bring political change. PEACEfully. Violent street demonstrations, or making press releases which support the enemies of our State are culpable and deserving of the harshest punishment.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 3 July 2007 12:07:26 AM
Belly, consanguinity as practised by Muslims does not lead to inbreeding problems without the meeting of two recessive genes, as in the Bradford England example and a cluster of hearing problems in a SW Sydney suburb.

There is a slight increase in problems, roughly to around the rate for 40 somethings conceiving.

Bit of a furphy, this one.

It may have social implications tho', hindering mixing in a new nation, or adding to the sort of insanity we see in Iraq today.
Posted by palimpsest, Tuesday, 3 July 2007 6:19:40 AM
Boaz,

“We could not gather a group of Christian youth and say "Look.. We have to really crunch these Muslims, destroy them.. remove them" and then say "Because Jesus would do it, did it, taught it" why? Because he didnt... If we did, they would read their bibles and say "HEYYYYY.. you told us such and such about Jesus and its not true"!

Actually your own old and recent history proves the opposite: see the speeches of pope Urban II inspiring the crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the Nazis and as recent as the Rwandan massacres (see Wobbles comments to you). The argument used by few churches at the time that God the father in the OT wanted wrath and revenge and Jesus (pbuh) never renounced the actions of the God the Father in the NT.

Millions of Christians, Muslims, Jews and others died because of the violent teachings above. It being drummed up again now by Christian Zionism preparing for Armageddon.
It would be more productive if you focus on your own backyard and condemn the teachings above and while at it, let us know your actual contributions to the matter.

Peace,
Posted by Fellow_Human, Tuesday, 3 July 2007 7:51:45 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy