The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Trump home truths

Trump home truths

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Hardly, ttbn.

<<You are my gauge for the validity of my opinions – proof that I'm getting it right.>>

If that were the case, then you'd be able to back your opinions with evidence. Instead, you are left to resort to personal attacks.

<<The day you stop nagging me ...>>

I am not harassing you to do anything. There is no nagging.

<<“Peer reviewed”! What weasel words they are.>>

Not at all. Weasel words are an appeal to a vague and anonymous authority. The authorities I cite are not anonymous. You're just shirty because there are no authorities available to back your ignorant and uneducated beliefs.

<<A bunch of people getting together to agree with each other.>>

No, that's not what peer review is at all. Peer review is done anonymously, for starters. There's no way we could have achieved that all we have achieved with such a useless process as the one you believe peer review is.

<<You might be able to get away with that in scientific matters, but not with politics and opinion.

Pfft! Yeah, because politics and opinions are so-o-o-o much more reliable than science, aren't they? (He claims on his computer.)

<<Have you ever demanded that they provide the sources and background for their 'findings'?>>

I don't need to. They provide references to them.

We're not a very educated fellow, are we ttbn? A real salt-of-the-earth kinda bloke, I bet.

I like that.
Posted by AJ Philips, Sunday, 28 May 2017 4:59:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

Studiously avoiding anything to do with Saudi Arabia I see.

Well here is a direct question. Obama had excluded precision weaponry in any arms deal with the Saudis fearing it would be used against civilians in Yemen. The Donald canceled those restrictions in his quest for Saudi patronage and money.

Do you think he did the right thing, especially given the accepted fact that Wahabbi money is funding radicalisation in many places in the world including our northern neighbour?

Or does your obvious infatuation with this man make you happy to see further arming of the world's biggest funder of terrorism just because it is Trump doing the arming?

How about you stop being a pretend Yank and think about Australian lives for once?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 28 May 2017 6:10:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AJ Philips,

Grow up you silly bugger. You are full of BS.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 28 May 2017 7:18:50 PM
I'd be more than happy to grow up, ttbn, if you could tell me how I am being immature.

<<Grow up you silly bugger. You are full of BS.>>

I note, too, that you are unable to state why exactly I'm full of BS. Sounds more to me like you're engaging in a bit of wishful thinking there.

I must say, though, that it is fascinating to observe all the psychological techniques you employ to justify ignoring any supporting evidence I link to, or avoid acknowledging the problem that is your total inability to do the same.
Posted by AJ Philips, Sunday, 28 May 2017 7:45:14 PM
@Hasbeen no one can tell, some one closer may be reading.
Posted by rollyczar, Monday, 29 May 2017 6:05:25 AM
AJ Philips,

I will leave it to GK Chesterton, who had something to say about trying to argue with mad people like you. Google it.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 29 May 2017 7:54:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All