The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Legislating people to accept marriage

Legislating people to accept marriage

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Hi FOXY...

You've been absent from the Forum for a little while? I sincerely hope you're well and in good health, with no more repeat and nasty episodes that necessitated you having several hospital procedures done, that proved necessary last year. I trust your dear Mum is still OK, in her nursing home. Though with you keeping a close eye on her and her care, I'm sure she is, and still quite happy with that arrangement.

Concerning this topic - A successful marriage is not predicated by a marriage certificate or licence or anything else for that matter. All this mandated document achieves, is an approved piece of documentary evidence, that (i) a marriage has taken place, and (ii) conducted in such a manner it complies with our laws, and, (iii)it was officiated by a properly accredited witness, pursuant to the relevant Act.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 18 May 2017 1:42:38 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear O Sung Wu,

Thank You for your concern. I'm coming along fine
thanks to the new medication. I have more
tests to be done next month. My mum's well looked
after. She's got very good people who care for her
for which we are all grateful. The staff there are
outstanding.

I agree with your take on marriage. It takes two to
make it work. I've been very lucky with mine.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 18 May 2017 3:05:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Given that so many of our homosexuals are people who will end up with one of our overgenerous government super schemes, & the exceedingly generous way wives are treated by those schemes, I believe it is nothing but greed to get more of the tax payers money that is driving this wish for same sex marriage.

This I'm sure applies in spades to employers like their ABC, education & the bureaucracy.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 18 May 2017 3:15:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, Hasbeen, and I'm sure you have plenty of evidence for such a claim, too. I mean beyond your assumption that anyone who disagrees with you must necessarily have sinister intentions.

Get real.
Posted by AJ Philips, Thursday, 18 May 2017 3:29:50 PM
AJ, have you ever listened to the ABC, or a bunch of academics at morning tea?
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 18 May 2017 3:42:09 PM
Dear Foxy,

«You need to have a licence to drive a car.»

This is understandable if you are going to use your car on a public road. Since the road is public property (assuming this is rightly the case), the public may set conditions on your behaviour there.

«You need to have a licence to practice medicine,
architecture, dentistry, and other professions.»

Which is totally wrong and tyrannical. So long as you are honest about your qualifications and do not use public resources, you owe nobody a license.

«You need to even register your dog.»

This should only be required if you ever take your dog out to public property.

«Births, deaths, and marriages need registering.»

Births and deaths currently require legislation - which again is absolutely wrong and tyrannical. Marriages on the other hand are not required to be registered and do occur all the time without the government's knowledge and without breaking any law.

«Those are the laws of the society in which we live.»

These laws are forcibly and violently imposed on everyone who happens to live in this continent whether or not they consented to belong to your society.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 18 May 2017 4:31:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy