The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > NDIS why is it my problem, i have paid my insurance.

NDIS why is it my problem, i have paid my insurance.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Dear Foxy,

It's great to feel so nice and warm, full of compassion...

But does anyone have any compassion for those who work hard to take care of themselves? for those who save for a rainy day - for themselves, for their families and for their community?

By compelling people to part with their hard-earned money, the victims are not only denied the ability to care for themselves and their families, but also the ability to open up their hearts and exercise their generosity-muscle, which like any other muscle, atrophies when out of use.

When all physical needs are taken care of automatically by a well-oiled mechanism, there is no longer a need for generosity or compassion. Once you develop a society without generosity, without a heart, without compassion, people turn to grow up as monsters and the results, well you see it today in the cruelty of those who destroy other people's files in order to extort them.

This approach for solving a material problem is short-sighted. All it really takes to fix, is a tick-box in our tax-returns where we can state whether or not we wish to contribute towards helping disabled people.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 15 May 2017 3:47:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yuyutsu,

I firmly believe
in helping those that are the most vulnerable in our
society and giving them a hand-up. And I am quite happy
to pay extra in my taxes in order to do this.

You are free to disagree
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 15 May 2017 4:33:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

«You are free to disagree»

But I do agree!

Like yourself, I also firmly believe in helping those that are the most vulnerable in our society and giving them a hand-up - and I also am quite happy to pay extra in my taxes in order to do this.

Indeed, I am quite happy to pay extra in MY taxes in order to do this - what I am unhappy about and find immoral, is to forcibly tax YOU and/or OTHERS who are not similarly happy to pay their share. I am even happy for MY share of the load to increase as a result, just so nobody else's money is taken away by force by those who claim to "represent" me and rob that money on my behalf.

If you or I permitted that to happen on our behalf - what would it make of us? how are people who take other people's money by force called? ROBBERS!
Well, I don't want to fall into that category, and if you give it some thought, I am convinced that you wouldn't want to be in that category either.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 15 May 2017 5:18:35 PM
Dear Yuyutsu,

It seems that I misunderstood you.

My apologies.

And Thank You for setting me straight.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 15 May 2017 5:38:18 PM
This was the answer given to a question by a Congressman who had asked, “Why should a 62-year-old man have to pay for maternity care?”

Quote;

I ask why should I have to pay for a bridge I don't cross, a sidewalk I don't walk on, a library book I don't read?

Why should I pay for a flower I won't smell, a park I don't visit, or art I can't appreciate? Why should I pay the salaries of politicians I didn't vote for, a tax cut that doesn't affect me, a loophole I can't take advantage of?

It's called democracy, a civil society, the greater good. That's what we pay for.

End quote

http://i.imgur.com/6mgWoSH.jpg

I think there are far more people like Barbra than people like butch and Hasbeen.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 15 May 2017 8:12:00 PM
Dear SteeleRedux,

«It's called democracy, a civil society, the greater good. That's what we pay for.»

Forcing others to participate in a society they never wanted to be part of, can never be good, for anyone.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 15 May 2017 11:12:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy