The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Confused Muslims

Confused Muslims

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Referring to the recent video of two Muslim women okaying wife-beating, Peter Smith (Quadrant Online) raises the question about Muslim MP, Ed Husic's denial that it is right for men to beat their wives, even though he swore on the Koran which says that it is okay to belt the wife.

Many Muslims seem to be more confused about Islam than we infidels are.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 19 April 2017 3:37:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The two ladies never said anything of the sort that it is ok bash your wife. They were explaining how symbolically it has to be carried out. That is a great difference than what you are saying. Maybe that chap was right saying you do not bash the tripe out of your wife. It,s a simbolically gesture that puts the wife on notice.

Like a Muslim man saying I divorce you, I diverse you. Twice and no more. It puts the wife on notice.
Posted by doog, Wednesday, 19 April 2017 5:59:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So Doog what are those women saying? What are you saying? Showing the Missus what will happen to her? In case you have not noticed Australia views domestic violence very strongly and we have a Family Law act to deal with divorce.
Now do you see why so many people believe we should stop any further muslim immigration?
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 20 April 2017 9:30:26 AM
Anyone who lifts a hand of stick and hits another under Australian law is an assault. Even groping or pinching is an assault.
Posted by Josephus, Thursday, 20 April 2017 10:10:07 AM
We all know that any violence is wrong. The point I was trying to make is that Muslims don't even know what is written in their Koran. According to the mythical Allah, it is OK to beat women, kill Jews and other infidels. Some Muslims agree. Some disagree. Islam is madness.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 20 April 2017 10:30:34 AM
Domestic violence against women in Australia is a serious and growing problem and certainly not caused by Muslims alone. One in three women cannot all be Muslims in vastly predominant Christian society.

While many are appalled by that video religious oppression is far more widespread.

For example, nobody cares that Ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel regularly abuse, spit on and throw stones and their own faeces at young girls as they leave school because they are "immodestly dressed" and also disfigure all public images of women and girls.
If you need to relieve yourself into a bucket as a way of promoting your religious beliefs you would have to consider that maybe you're wasting your life.

But no, one video on Youtube and the anti-Muslims go crazy. There was no similar coverage of the Baptist Minister who was expelled from Botswana for hate-speech or the other one who married a 10-year old girl in his congregation or the other who claims Starbucks is putting semen into their lattes to turn people gay - and there are dozens more.

There are crazies everywhere from all religions but there's a specific filter on which ones are ranted about.

Violence against women is bad - full stop - and it doesn't come from one group alone and using it as a way of attacking that group alone is unreasonable.
Posted by rache, Thursday, 20 April 2017 10:39:48 AM
“According to the mythical Allah”, ttbn? Allah is no more mythical than your god. In fact, it is the same Abrahamic god.

--

Yeah, but, rache, no one follows the OLD Testament any…

Oh, hang on a sec...
Posted by AJ Philips, Thursday, 20 April 2017 10:54:52 AM
'“According to the mythical Allah”, ttbn? Allah is no more mythical than your god. In fact, it is the same Abrahamic god.'

wrong again AJ. then again it won't stop your Christophobic nature from spreading its half truths and lies.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 20 April 2017 11:09:30 AM
No, I’m not wrong, runner.

The Abrahamic god is one god. What part of “Abrahamic” do you not understand? You may have some different beliefs about that god, but it is still the same god.

By the way, I’m not Christophobic as I do not have an irrational fear or hatred of Christians or Christianity. Your attempt to label me a pejorative is merely a form of censorship. Your mob, of all people, should know that.

Anyway, have fun sharing the same god with people you hate.

Toodles.
Posted by AJ Philips, Thursday, 20 April 2017 11:21:47 AM
If that same video was made by any one other than Muslims it would be comical.
I believe that video achieved its desired effect, showing non Muslims up for what they are, paranoid about a certain race of people.
The video was mundane in content, those women were enjoying themself. What you saw and what you thought you saw are two completely different video,s.
The outrageous video you thought you say was a set up and you showed your absolute bias toward a race of people that is deeply embedded into your sub conscious mind.
Posted by doog, Thursday, 20 April 2017 11:40:40 AM
//The point I was trying to make is that Muslims don't even know what is written in their Koran.//

And? You'd be amazed how many Christians I've talked to that have only the vaguest idea of what's in the Bible, because they've never read it. They know that it's enough to believe in Jesus and be a good person, so why would they bother with any of that boring reading?

//Some Muslims agree. Some disagree.//

Again, Christians do this all the time, on all sorts of points. But I'll refrain from calling Christianity madness because Christians disagree with each other. If disagreeing with people is the sign of a diseased mind, then everybody around here is barking.

Sounds to me like you're a bit put out because some Muslims steadfastly refuse to live up to your expectation that they all conform to some caricaturish stereotype. Gosh, how perfectly beastly of them!
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 20 April 2017 12:06:12 PM
'The Abrahamic god is one god. What part of “Abrahamic” do you not understand? You may have some different beliefs about that god, but it is still the same god.'

Your ignorance just continues AJ. Find one muslim in the world that believes that the true God is Father of the Lord Jesus Christ or Jehovah God AJ. Of course you won't but will continue your warped and twisted dogma. Of course if you had any integrity you would realise that allah is none other than a moon god who had previously been worshiped long before Mohammed displayed his satanic nature. Just does not suite your hatred AJ. No wonder secularist and Islam have so much in common. Lying does not bother them as their consciences are dead.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 20 April 2017 12:24:07 PM
I do believe I allowed for such differences, runner.

<<Find one muslim in the world that believes that the true God is Father of the Lord Jesus Christ or Jehovah God AJ.>>

Right about here: “You may have some different beliefs about that god, but it is still the same [Abrahamic] god.” (http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=7741#238081)

You even quoted me saying that. Perhaps you should read your own quotes a little more carefully, huh?

<<Of course if you had any integrity you would realise that allah is none other than a moon god who had previously been worshiped long before Mohammed displayed his satanic nature.>>

No, “Allah” is just Arabic for “god”. Islam is an Abrahamic religion - an offshoot of Judaism, just like Christianity - so of course they use the same word to refer to their new god: the same god you believe in.

By the way, one's level of integrity influences one's behaviour, not one's knowledge.

<<Just does not [suit] your hatred AJ.>>

Oh, again, there’s no hatred here, runner. You’re one of the only hateful ones around here, as is evident by your vitriolic tone. This has really got your head in a spin, hasn't it? Surely this isn't the first time someone has brought this to your attention?

<<No wonder [secularists] and Islam have so much in common.>>

No, secularism shares absolutely nothing in common with Islam. Christianity, on the other hand… Well, lets just say their god isn't the only thing they have in common and leave it at that for now, shall we? After all, I wouldn't want to hijack ttbn's hypocritical attempt to slag off at a religion that is not his own.

<<Lying does not bother them as their consciences are dead.>>

No, I don’t see any dead consciences, but I do see a lot of poisoned ones. Thanks for giving us a demonstration of what that looks like, too, by the way.
Posted by AJ Philips, Thursday, 20 April 2017 12:49:44 PM
There is no mention of "symbolic" beating of wives in the Koran.
Its intention seems to be clear.
I thought that video of the two moslem women was a joke.
I don't think any imman had little sticks like that in mind.

To get back into the real world;
Isn't it time to face up to what is happening in Europe ?
There is no debate there about little sticks.
The only discussion there is about Kalashnikovs and bombs.

It is about time here that people talked about the real problem.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 20 April 2017 2:48:45 PM
Bazz,

You are right:there is nothing symbolic about Koranic biffo - they are encouraged to belt the women who don't tow the line, and kill infidels, particularly Jews. Actually, ordered to in the latter cases.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 20 April 2017 5:35:37 PM
Doog, islam is not a race, savvy? It is not a race it is a religion! To try and taint people who take against these horrible people with racism is plain wrong.
Intent in Australian law is good enough. Take your little stick up to the nearest walloper and give him a flick and tell him that this is a warning and he will arrest you for assault. Try that on a muslim in the street and you will probably get knocked out.
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 20 April 2017 8:22:39 PM
We are talking about Muslims right. As far as I am aware Muslims live by the Koran so I fail to see anything racist in that..

The discussion is about the skit that two Muslim women made a video off. Which caused something outrageous in the eyes of the viewer.

Shows how foolish you are, it was a daws and Clarke style entertainment. You were had.

Your attempt to try and manipulate something that was not even in discussion shows your inner self as a racist ignorant filthy pig.
Posted by doog, Thursday, 20 April 2017 10:18:45 PM
Doog you actually said "I believe that video achieved its desired effect, showing non Muslims up for what they are, paranoid about a certain race of people."
I would not expect an apology from you for lying and then insults. As for saying about those stupid girls using humour. I implore you not to joke about islam. Remember the deaths caused by cartoons of the prophet by your little mates the adherants of the religion of peace?
Try and not get too upset and confused, just calmly read what you said and leave the invective for people who can read and understand which is just not you.
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 20 April 2017 11:22:37 PM
AJ Philips,

You're quite correct.

Islam is a combination of the Old Testament plus the Koran, Judaism is a combination of the Old Testament plus the Torah and Christianity is a combination of the Old Testament plus the New Testament (Mormons excluded).

In Christianity, the New Testament does not cancel out the Old Testament. Jesus did not try to cancel the Old laws ("Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill") and he lived and died as a Jew.

In the Old Testament, women are treated as property (like cattle), can be raped for a nominal fee, enslaved and are considered cursed by God and totally subservient to men.

Many falsely insist that the old rules no longer apply but are quite happy to quote from them when convenient - to bash gays for example but continue to eat banned shellfish from the same group of laws.

Most Christians have been brought up with the Hollywood/Sunday School version of their religion and not the real truth behind it all and use it, not as a reason but as an excuse for their own prejudices.

The New Testament in fact was Constantine's attempt to unite warring Christian factions under a single agreed-upon story and was later deliberately modified to suit the changing myths.
Posted by rache, Thursday, 20 April 2017 11:42:12 PM
rache,
Fortunately followers of Christ do not accept your interpretation of Christian History that it was lodged in the Roman Catholic Church. There were 300 years of Christian history and writings before Constantine came on the scene. He corrupted it by making it the State religion synchronizing much of paganism into his Roman Catholic Church.
However there were followers of Christ Jesus that never adopted the State Church, that were considered heretics and in true Roman style were imprisoned or martyred. If Christianity had never become the political Movement of the Roman Government it would never have had the brutal history of bloodshed now attributed to the name of Christ. Jesus presented his beliefs as a personal and social movement not a movement of a political State.
Posted by Josephus, Friday, 21 April 2017 8:55:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy