The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What's the difference between beating your Islamic wife and boxing, or BDSM, for that matter?

What's the difference between beating your Islamic wife and boxing, or BDSM, for that matter?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21
  13. ...
  14. 29
  15. 30
  16. 31
  17. All
'Dear runner,

I practice what Christ taught but sadly it's something you
don't seem to be capable of doing.'

Oh congratulations Foxy. I'll leave it to God Himself to decide my fate.

Oh now we have the trinity AJ, Foxy and Toni all quoting scripture.

btw Foxy you recently posted that you have never read the bible. Just wondereing how you know what Christ taught?

also Toni just wondering who is it that I have condemned. You mean because I point out that abortion is murder and homosexuality is a perversion? Read the Scriptures and you will find it not me that has decided what is abhorent and what is not. I just happen to believe that the Creator knows far better than His creation. thankfully the woman caught in adultery received forgiveness not what she deserved. Jesus did tell her to go away and sin no more. Or did you miss thay part.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 22 April 2017 10:21:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear runner,

From my recollection, I said that I did not read the
Koran.

As for my knowledge about the teachings of Christ?
Lets start with Catholic School,
Church, Sunday School, and family
upbringing. Most importantly - family upbringing.

My father was raised by Jesuits. He initially studied
for the priesthood, was fluent in latin, and explained
the teachings of Christ to me very well.
Also our parish priest was a close family friend and
Sunday lunches were regular visits where religious
discussions were a treat.

As for you? You are badly in need of counselling.
Seriously.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 22 April 2017 10:45:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner: never read the bible. Just wondering how you know what Christ taught?

The Bible is a Jewish Book written down around 300 BC after the Greeks made the Israelite's Literate from stories passed down by word of mouth. Most of it mis-remembered. E.G; Songs of Solomon is a copy of the Egyptian Book of the Dead. No Camels in Abrahams time.

I take it what you are talking about is the New Testament whish was first written down into one book about 400 AD from incomplete scraps of parchment gathered from hither & thither. These scraps of Parchments were copies of copies of material that was written by people that did not know Joshua(Jesus)personally. Remember any & all the Gospels written by the Disciples were rejected because Paul was rejected by the Disciples & thrown out of Jerusalem. Some parchments were included & some rejected. It depended on the prevailing Pauline thinking at that time.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 22 April 2017 1:14:37 PM
//the woman caught in adultery received forgiveness not what she deserved//

A stoning? Jesus, runner...

//Read the Scriptures//

I have. They say that Christians are supposed to be forgiving.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Saturday, 22 April 2017 1:35:14 PM
G'day there BANJO PATERSON...

Thank you for your most comprehensive links you kindly furnished us all with. I read through much of the material, though certainly useful nothing new emerged from their suggestions.

I note one of your Links 'Our Watch' 'What can men do' Recommended in part; That female victims of sexual assault should NOT be blamed for their attire, or degree of sobriety etc. No they shouldn't be blamed, but?

I realise I'm provoking the ire of feminists and the like herein. But I've some experience in this specific area:- It's simply referred to as 'Risk Management' and we speak of 'Contributory Negligence'-

All adults are entitled to wear clothing of their choice, within the bounds of decency. Moreover adults may legally consume alcohol, within the law and provided that don't drive etc. Furthermore they may walk in a public street or place anytime, day or night. But as responsible adults, they 'SHOULD' be aware of; of what police call the 'Foresight of their Consequences'.

If they wish to engage in risky behaviour or conduct, that's also their right. But, the big 'But' there's always a chance due to that risky behaviour they may well fall foul to a serious sexual attack.

By employing an attitude of 'Personal Risk Management', it can mitigate significantly the chance of serious injury or death.

Reminds me of the motor cyclists - critically injured in the ICU ward in Hospital. Saying, '...I was in the right of way, the car had no right cutting me off the way he did...'? Sure he was in the right of way, but by pushing 'HIS' right, he still lost out? We can all undertake risky behaviour - as long as we're prepared for the consequences of that behaviour. We all need to adopt 'Foresight of our Consequence.
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 22 April 2017 1:58:26 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

Dear o sung wu,

You wrote :

... in commenting on the domestic violence prevention measures I found on the web sites I posted : « … nothing new emerged from their suggestions »

Yes, I agree. It all sounded a bit like weak tea to me too but, as I am a perfect neophyte in such matters, I was not sure of the validity of my judgment.

I recognize, however, that it’s not simple. I often wonder what I did, or didn’t do, to my two daughters for them to marry the jerks they did. My elder daughter married a Mister Hulk who turned out to be a con-man who took her for a ride and I spent the best part of twelve years helping her through endless court battles over a mountain of debt, divorce procedures and the custody of the children. My younger daughter married a brilliant intellectual with a backbone of jelly and no guts. He is afraid of his own shadow, psychologically handicapped, unable to carry anything heavier than a pen and a pencil or a knife and fork, and is a perfect Scrooge to boot: as mean and as egoist as they come.

Consequently, given my own lamentable track record, I’m afraid I’m hardly qualified to give advice to anyone on anything to do with marriage. It would be dishonest for me to even try.

The positive side of the story is that, despite my highly regrettable personal shortcomings, my own marriage somehow managed to survive all the rugged treatment I put it through over the years and nobody, neither my wife nor the girls, ever got beaten up.

My mother always told me as a kid that I could box anybody I liked above my category but never anybody below my category.

I’ve still got a few cuts and bruises to show for it.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Saturday, 22 April 2017 10:47:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. 21