The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Still no Freedom of Speech for Australians

Still no Freedom of Speech for Australians

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I think we are close to agreement Loudmouth however the old testament largely outlines Judaism not Christianity. Don't forget that God's people Israel were subjected to many centuries of slavery. Also interesting that we probably have as much if not more slavery today than ever before. Certainly confirms the fallen nature of man when you see people subjecting others. And of course millions of women are slaves under Islam despite being the most feminist religion around according to one of the abc luvvies.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 4 April 2017 11:33:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indigenous writer, Anthony Dillon, called 18c "an obscenity" in Quadrant Online 3/4.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 4 April 2017 12:02:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Ttbn,

Yes, I think he's right.

Hi Runner,

It's quite ridiculous to attack the ancient practices of people long ago, as if they are somehow still carrying them out. But of course, where they ARE still being practised, as slavery is in parts of Muslim north Africa, of course, today, in 2017, they should be condemned.

I'm looking forward to my Leftist colleagues condemning slavery in Muslim north Africa in 2017 :) Or the lack of rights for women in many Muslim societies, in 2017.

No rush, whenever they're ready.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 4 April 2017 12:24:21 PM
The Labor party seems to be interested in extending 18c to cover religion. To “establish Sharia law by stealth in order to prevent people 'offending Islam'” (Augusto Zimmermman, Spectator)'. The idea comes from Muslim Western Australian MP, Anne Aly. (Get the idea now of what's happening?). The likes Keysar Trad support the idea.

I wonder if the Christians, Hindus, Bhuddists, Taoists etc. will also get 'protection'.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 4 April 2017 12:37:23 PM
Hi Ttbn,

Yes, that's the Anne Aly who is a deradicalisation expert. Aren't you glad there are 'moderate' Muslims around ?

But it will be Shari'a law only for Muslims, at least at first. Where could there possibly be any harm in that, the 'Left' may say ? Except, I suppose that Australian women, who happen to be Muslim, will no longer be covered by Australian human rights laws, but be required to submit to all the restrictions imposed by Shari'a: married off young, leave school young, submitting to their husband, serve him as one of his four wives, etc.

Nothing to see there. Then perhaps it can be extended to other Australians, in the interests of diversity and tolerance. Those who don't submit can pay the jizra.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 4 April 2017 2:32:23 PM
"I wonder if the Christians, Hindus, Bhuddists, Taoists etc. will also get 'protection'."

Well they'll certainly be TOLD they will get equal protection.

But if a Christian said, for example, s/he was offended by the Koran's insistence that Mary, mother of Jesus, now resides in Allah's paradise as the wife/concubine/permanent virgin of Mo, I think we all know which would be more protected.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 4 April 2017 2:35:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy