The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Weather Bureau wakeup call.

Weather Bureau wakeup call.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. All
After now seeing the damage a category 4 cyclone, [Hamilton Island] & a medium category 3, [Proserpine] can do, perhaps we can expect something better from our politicking weather bureau.

After exaggerating greatly the last one that went close by Yeppoon, claiming it was a cat 4, the weather bureau has given a lot of people a false sense of security with cyclones. It was obvious to those with experience that it was no cat 4 that went through there, more like a high 2, but the greenies & the bureau maintained the claims.

Politicking with the claimed increase in sever cyclones to be caused by global warming, they exaggerated wind strengths, making people much more vulnerable, when the real thing comes along.

Well now everyone can see the effect of a real 4. With people complacent after seeing little damage in a claimed 4, many were at much greater danger with the real thing this time.

If our government is worth its keep, there should be more than a few heads rolling out the doors of the bureau, so they can’t do it again. After proving their first interest is not public safety, but political games, they must go
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 29 March 2017 7:06:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You are blaming the umpire because the rules have changed and no one knows the consequences.
Climate change is proving to be unpredictable in many and varied ways, and it is no different around the world.
Expect more unpredictable events to follow and become even more unpredictable.
The only true forecast is not predictions from days ago, the predictions change every ten minuites. Which makes information to the public very complicated.
All rain or cyclone events need to be broadcast through our national carrier the ABC. As a priority broadcast.
Things are getting worse as the months roll on, so expect the unexpected and quit whinging.
Posted by doog, Thursday, 30 March 2017 10:31:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wow, that's the best yet doog.

No one else has claimed that climate change changes both satellite & radar images, so you can't read them correctly.

Nor has anyone else claimed it changes the damage done by the wind. After seeing the pictures of the damage at Yeppoon, & Proserpine, it is pretty obvious to any honest person, the wind strength even in those areas was very different. Add the damage at Hamilton, which was a real cat 4, & there is just no comparison. Could it be climate change changes pictures do you think?

It is really disgusting to support lies, just because you have fallen for a scam.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 30 March 2017 10:58:25 AM
yeah it wasn't long back that the gw alarmist were complaining about lack of cyclones for Barrier Reef. Now they are blaming gw for cyclones. You can't win with pig headed people who deny true science and support the idiotic gw narrative. Just ' believe' is their religous mantra. No wonder they have accepted the drongos who claim evolution is a fact.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 30 March 2017 11:14:37 AM
Doog claiming a Cyclone is Climate Change is stupid! These are regular events and as usual because there is so much money in "Climate Change" all the political fraudsters are out in force lying their bottoms off. We certainly need the Bureau to have it's funding slashed on the proviso that it is not good enough. It has never been much good but with the end is nigh, pay me more money brigade running things it has got out of hand.
At some stage Australia is going to have to slash and burn the public service and the sooner the better. My first in line would be the useless, overpriced popinjays at the BOM.
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 30 March 2017 11:41:15 AM
Ambulance chasing Greens,

"MARCH 28 2017
'Unconscionable' Adam Bandt slammed for linking Cyclone Debbie to proposed coal plant

Greens MP Adam Bandt has linked the fatal Cyclone Debbie raging across northern Queensland to a proposed new coal-fired power plant and climate change, saying more people will suffer with the burning of more coal.

With the storm already having claimed one life, Federal Energy Minister Josh Frydenberg condemned the Greens' comments as "unconscionable and hysterical."

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/unconscionable-adam-bandt-slammed-for-linking-cyclone-debbie-to-proposed-coal-plant-20170327-gv7nrt.html
Posted by leoj, Thursday, 30 March 2017 12:31:32 PM
Sorry Hasbeen that is the nature of climate change. Radar has limits as does satellite. Which has changed predictions into unchartered territory.
Ground speed wind may vary from upper atmosphere speed. We may have cyclones which develope multiple eyes. No one really knows what is going to happen next.
Where is the guarantee that cyclones will develope and act as predicted . These things now have a whole new life.
Only fools will believe in status quote.
More severe and more unpredictable.
The degree of disaster can only be limited by the degree of damage done to our planet.
There is a lot worse to come. Sorry.
Posted by doog, Thursday, 30 March 2017 2:27:08 PM
Gauwd Doog, that was the worse bit of waffle out from under that you have yet posted.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 30 March 2017 3:31:59 PM
Bazz you know someone is earning money from those books that you read.
Climate change is unpredictable, and out of the norm. Hasbeen wants to kill the messenger instead of doing anything about the problem. The BoM did not create climate change, neither did God, it was human intervention.
Best you get your head around it and quit trying to deny nature it's roll in playing climate change
We have a drastic overload of co2 in our atmosphere, unless the levels are declined things will continually get worse.
No one knows the lag time of climate change but I suspect it to be about 57 years. Since the 1970,s things have gradually got worse and worse. We are entering a period of unpredictability. It is destined to get worse. Get your head around it.
Posted by doog, Thursday, 30 March 2017 7:42:39 PM
doog, tropical cyclones do not develop multiple eyes, and never will. That's because the wind always rotates around them clockwise in the southern hemisphere. With multiple eyes, winds would be blowing against each other, which would sap the cyclone's strength.
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 31 March 2017 9:09:51 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan it's typical of the garbage doog puts out.

I don't know if he gets it from some ratbag outfit, or from his own overactive imagination, but multiple eye cyclones is about par for him, & about as factual as the rest of his rubbish.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 31 March 2017 11:21:16 AM
Hasbeen I was only suggesting what may happen. If you think out of the ordinary events can not happen. I reckon you are in for a surprise.
There is no such thing as status quo.
To blame the BOM for miss diagnosis is bad form.
Posted by doog, Friday, 31 March 2017 12:33:35 PM
Bad form doog, is the BOM politicking with wind speed predictions, & subsequent reports, thereby endangering people's lives.

It is also ratbag greens trying to defend the indefensible.

It must be hard seeing your dream fall apart, but the global warming scam is over.

Get used to it.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 31 March 2017 1:30:06 PM
Doog said;
you know someone is earning money from those books that you read.

Errr, what books are these ?
Anyway, it does not matter whether global warming is true or not.
I couldn't care less, there is not enough economically accessible
coal and oil to cause the co2 levels that all the panic is about.

I suggest you take a Bex and have a nice lie down.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 31 March 2017 2:34:10 PM
Release the grip on that thing before it drops off. So I suppose the Antarctic ice sheet is getting bigger.
Greenland is not losing any ice.
Everything is honkydory.
Nothing to worry about.
Posted by doog, Friday, 31 March 2017 5:20:55 PM
Yep, exactly Doog, what we have to worry about is what are we going to
use as a major energy source, now THAT is a real worry.
You do not seem to be aware of what is going on in the energy world.
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 1 April 2017 2:34:35 PM
Yep Doog you will go on quoting the alarmist dogmas never having to give account for their hopelessly flawed previous predictions. The internet would not have space to record the scares by the likes of Gore, Flannery and other high priests. You are one of many blind disciples.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 1 April 2017 3:35:01 PM
runner, no need to worry about global warming, with another bunch of you cheery Christians predicting the end of the World starting in 2017. Christians over at website Unsealed reckon the end is going to begin 21st August 2017 – citing a Biblical prophecy popular with the doomsday believers, as the evidence that such is about to take place, We have all got 4 or 5 months left, maybe a little longer. You wont miss the end of the World as these Christian wackos tell us the end will see the demise of 75% of life on Earth, due to global disasters including war, famine, pain and suffering. The pain and suffering may well extend through to 2024 according to the Soothsayers, its all in the Bible, runner have you not been reading your bible lately?

"Unsealed says, ‘2017 to 2024 offers the only timeline in recent memory where the Tribulation of 2550 days could begin unquestionably on a Fall Feast date and end on a Fall Feast date. In fact, the alignment is kind of shocking" runner you are of course familiar with the "Tribulation of 2550 days" its in Revelations!

I like this comment from "Bob";

"I still feel there should be a law requiring that those people who are making these predictions be executed when they don't happen, they want their "End of times" - fine let them have it, when it does not happen - knock them off."

Obviously a blasphemer, what's Bob's odds of being in the 25% of survivors. Buckleys!
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 1 April 2017 8:14:02 PM
you are such a joke Paul. It obviously gets up every god deniers nose that prophecy after prophecy in Scripture has come true. Try a little research. Fancy Israel still being a nation eh Paul. No wonder the deniers hate them so much.

btw BOM predicted a dryer March than usual for Sydney. Your faith is pathetically flawed. Just a pity the high priests have been able to scam the tax payer and recruit so many gullible people. They will go on with hopelessly flawed and deceitful model predictions with the get up crowd to dumb to see the numerous past errors.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 1 April 2017 9:45:09 PM
I would not know w.hat a prophesy was. What is a prediction, does not mean it it is gospel. There are plenty around that can tell you the next Melbourne cup winner is. So get in early and make a prophet.

Predictions and fact which happens after the event are too different things.
As far as he world ending I am a sceptical sceptic. Global change is a far more believable scenario.

The end of world is in the book. Global warming, is something God never seen coming.
It is totally mans fault.
Posted by doog, Saturday, 1 April 2017 10:22:49 PM
There is nothing more sad than the fundamentalist Right's delusional world of conspiracy theories; reds under the bed, the yellow peril, a green world order and Islamophobia. So the rest of us should feel very reassured that they vehemently deny the reality of climate change because the ideology they worship is nothing more than a self-induced delirium of political panophobia.
Posted by Anti-Colonial, Saturday, 1 April 2017 10:26:15 PM
Yes two versions of Australians exist. And that is not good. Turnbull was middle of ground politician.. The runt is a far right Stalinist one member party maniac . I still believe he got his ill conceived ways from the head man of Singapoor. Singapoor has succeeded as far as economics but fifty percent of Singapoor now live on ground alongside railway tracks, it any other spare space like drain pipes and under bridges.

Any country that get themselves into such riches and poverty fifty fifty, are better off committing genocide, rather living on rats, cockroaches, grasshoppers, or dead persons body.

Australia is in a predicament that will take decades to come out of if ever
Posted by doog, Saturday, 1 April 2017 10:56:06 PM
Anti-Colonial.

Hasbeen is right, there is too much exaggeration and hysteria accredited
to what are normal weather events.

I think you could sell the Greens, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, especially if
you could come up with some kind of crackpot theory, about how the bridge
was contributing to global warming.

Every time I see those grotesque big white windmills, polluting the landscape,
I think of Don Quixote, and the book. “Tilting At Windmills”
I think puzzled generations in the future, will see us as doing exactly that
and shake their heads in disbelief, that we put such monstrous windmills all over the landscape. Like - ”What the f..k?”

You only have to look at the ugly sight, to see insanity in it.

.The whole state of South Australia, left in darkness because of Green extreme.
.The batts in the roof, Mickey Mouse, Green scheme.(bats in the Belfrey, more like it.)
.The dry spell in Brisbane, said to be permanent climate change. Resulting in a reluctance to lower the dam water,
when torrential rain arrived, as always,
resulting in disastrously high floodwaters.

I'm still waiting to see any weather events that I haven't seen in my lifetime,
I watch the television news everyday, and I'm still waiting
Posted by CHERFUL, Saturday, 1 April 2017 11:52:12 PM
I see Paul is at it again, or is it still.

Anytime when he sees he is on the wrong side of an argument,[usually], with some of his greeny rubbish of course, he tries to change the subject.

You'll never see green doing anything but sloganeering with any serious subject, when they can see they are wrong.

Always look for it with Greens, it's their way of avoiding an argument they know they will loose. It's their way of saying "I know I'm wrong, but I'll never admit it".
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 2 April 2017 8:59:47 AM
runner, its a rather straight forward prediction, the end of days is forecast to start 21st August 2017, about tea time (Life Of Brian) by none other than that most reliable mob the 'Unsealed Christians'. It is quite possibly endorsed by the Pope, the Archbishop of Canterbury and Father Whuckemup, your parish priest waiting for you down in his holy place of worship.
Put simply, you either believe it or you don't, so why did you skirt the question. Do you believe it or not, or are you another Bob and a blasphemer?

The scientific evidence in support of global warming is so overwhelming it is ridiculous to argue with the flat earth brigade on the subject.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 2 April 2017 9:04:09 AM
Hassy old bean, I was responding to runner's claims of "alarmist dogmas" from those that believe climate change is a reality. How more alarmist can you get than claiming the end of the world in going to begin 21st August 2017, runner claims to be a Christian, given his hate thy neighbor attitude as displayed time and again on the forum i doubt he is, but never the less I asking if this end of the world claim from the like minded is fact or fiction,

As a environmental wrecker I can see where you are coming from.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 2 April 2017 9:39:01 AM
From where did you all get this 21st April 2017 event ?
On that day there is to be a meeting of IMF involved countries.
They are to vote on changing the currency of exchange from US dollars
to an IMF "World Money".
I doubt if that would be an end of the world event but it would be
a very significant event anyway !
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 2 April 2017 10:47:45 AM
I think Paul said the 21 of October. How many of those events have come and go.

It does not worry me at all I am a non believer. Besides that I will be in Canada then and that creates another er problem. Will the event take place on AU time or Canadian time. I don,t want to miss it.

Yes the flat earth earth fraternity are unreal along with their denial of science. Why are they predominately Abbott worshippers. There is a definite link.
Runner talks abstract language. Very hard to follow.
Posted by doog, Sunday, 2 April 2017 11:57:47 AM
Ahh yes Doog, I had the date wrong. He said the 21st August.
Oh dear, must be something magical about the 21st.
Still, that meeting on 21st April if the BRICS group get a majority
will probably much more significant than anything that might happen on 21st Sept.
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 2 April 2017 12:35:50 PM
Cherful

The only Green hysteria evident is that from the delusional ideologues who are as clueless about democracy as they are of climate change.

Last time I looked there has never been a Green government in South Australia nor a Green minister in a coalition South Australian Government. The same goes for the federal parliament. When you pull your Green bogeyman head in and want to report facts instead of FAKE IDEOLOGY, I'll be happy to discuss issues with you.

When it becomes evident that you know the difference between climate and weather, I'll be happy to discuss the reality of climate change too.
Posted by Anti-Colonial, Sunday, 2 April 2017 1:11:43 PM
The closest I can remember of a green conservative coalition was when the runt offered the greens a deal for some votes in the senate.
Posted by doog, Sunday, 2 April 2017 1:18:58 PM
Denialist gentlemen, you who are doing their best to aid big corps with astroturfing to extend their profit making a bit longer. One of the forecasts about the effects of global warming from the scientists who REALLY know what it is all about is that cyclones will be further apart but of much higher strengths.
I wonder how many more extreme weather events will have to take place before the sheeple wake up that it is for real and they cannot ignore it any longer.
Posted by Robert LePage, Sunday, 2 April 2017 3:33:37 PM
In aid of big business is climate denialism. It has something to do with their chosen sport conservatism. It rhymes quite well.

Beware of the ism, it means deny deny deny at any cost you must deny. I was not the cyclone that done the damage it was the hooligans at BOM.
Posted by doog, Sunday, 2 April 2017 5:44:10 PM
' In aid of big business is climate denialism. It has something to do with their chosen sport conservatism'

you would think so Doog. The reality is that much of big business has been sucked into this nonsense. Usually the same deceived minds that want to push the 'gay marriage' perversion.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 2 April 2017 6:49:08 PM
I can not see what worries you about gays. As far as I care they can do what they like as long as they do not encroach on me.
I have no idea if it goes against biblical belief or not.
It,s predominately the conservatives that are against gay marriage.
The mad monk is against it so I suspect it is a religious disorder. Pedifieliar is rife in religion, which does not make it right.
Live and let live I say. Religion to me is fairy tales, I do not need it.
Posted by doog, Sunday, 2 April 2017 7:24:46 PM
runner, as a typical Christian fruit cake, you cower from the question. I'll put it again.

Do you, or do you not, agree with the 'Unsealed Christians' that the end of days is going to begin 21st August 2017?

A very simple question, even for you, it only requires a yes/no answer. My answer is its typical Christian scare mongering clap trap, a practice your mob have been indulging in for over 2000 years.
Just as the Church tried to silence Galileo Galilei for speaking the truth, you try to silence the science of today with superstitious nonsense.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 2 April 2017 8:33:57 PM
Paul your deceit is without parallel. Just like with evolution fantasy, it is the warmest scaremongers who are trying to silence anyone interested in true science and truth. Previous prophecies from your mob are pathetically flawed. Your idiotic dogmas takes far more faith than mine. btw found the missing link yet? I thought not.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 2 April 2017 10:21:16 PM
True science and truth. Evolution theory.
You must be a religious fanatic.
You have persuasions other than realism. No wonder you can not make reason. Misguided and without reason. You are whipping a dead horse. You believe in unproved science.
If you tell me exterterestial intervention was the creator of mankind I would believe you.
Man has been on earth for millions of years. Fossilised proof.
No wonder your scripture is so abstract.
Posted by doog, Sunday, 2 April 2017 11:03:53 PM
runner, you avoided a very simple question, you are the missing link between reality and rubbish, you turn reality into rubbish. Will you pack your bags, and board the space ship 20th August 2017, ready for blast off before the end of the world begins the nest day? Christian history is peppered with fruit cakes and lunatics
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 3 April 2017 6:26:17 AM
I want to knowl. Where we are going first. So I can pack socks and jocks or do we go commando.
Posted by doog, Monday, 3 April 2017 3:51:52 PM
' No wonder your scripture is so abstract.' Coming from possibly the most abstract poster on OLO.
Posted by runner, Monday, 3 April 2017 4:04:44 PM
Yes I must admit I can be as stupid as the best, but I am comfortable with that. Paul is waiting on an answer that the world depends upon.
Posted by doog, Monday, 3 April 2017 4:12:19 PM
Doog

' Paul is waiting on an answer that the world depends upon.'

Paul knows very well that he can't claim logic from the something from nothing fairytale. Scripture is littered with fulfilled prophecies. As for Paul's little game I have no idea what he is talking about. Christ will return, you can be sure of that, the timing however is not known by man. The embracing and promotion of homosexuality is certainly a sign of an uncilivised society waiting to collapse. History repeats itself.
Posted by runner, Monday, 3 April 2017 4:32:01 PM
Well you are going to have to deal with Paul on that explanation. I am more comfortable with inter terrestrial intervention.
That is why you get positive and negative blood types.
Positive is monkey blood, negative has not been explained, chances it came from someone from another world with different genetic makeup.
No one has ever come back from the dead. Where I am now that sort of superstition is common. Some can not take the mindly intervention and decide to join the dead
Posted by doog, Monday, 3 April 2017 6:07:21 PM
Sorry Has, only just saw your thread.

Yasi was a cat 4, as they are cat by wind speed. 280KPH or better

The difference with Debbie, peaking at 263 KPH is that she hung around the likes of Arilie for 24 hours. In fact, it was the storm the next night that did most of the damage.

One theory i do have though is that they are named after women because they are unpredictable.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 6 April 2017 9:42:11 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy