The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Vaccination critic: party banned by one-man council

Vaccination critic: party banned by one-man council

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Hey Toni,
"Australian dogs don't carry rabies."
Yes I've heard that somewhere too actually, it slipped my mind.

The dogs were both well loved family pets, (despite the fact they hated each other), not random animals on the street, and it happened over 20 years ago.

I wasn't actually foaming or frothing at the mouth, but it was as it I could feel my saliva becoming that kind of consistency.
I think I felt light headed and was drooling slightly. Something wasn't right but the Tetanus booster (which I hadn't had in a long time) seemed to cure me.
I think there was only 15-20 minutes in between being bitten and getting the shot.

I heard Wakefield mentioned again this morning during the last few minutes of Mike Rivero's 'Whatreallyhappened' radio show.
http://youtu.be/HhnCBZV3Df0?t=2h9m50s

He also mentioned a new article saying that vaccinated kids have a 700% chance of developing a neurodevelopmental disorder, but looking at the description of the article it seems a bit pseudo-sciencey - based on mothers reports...
http://www.vaccines.news/2017-03-07-vaccine-study-peer-reviewed-study-shows-vaccinated-children-have-a-700-higher-chance-of-neurodevelopmental-disorder.html

Can I ask you have you ever actually seen Wakefield's interviews, or are you simply relying on what other articles have claimed?
From what I remember of his interviews he sounded pretty genuine.

I'm not saying either side's right, and Mike Rivero does occasionally get things wrong.
One downside of alternative media is that they often touch on many subjects jumping from one subject to the next and its hard to keep up with all the info all the time, also hard to remember it all.
Gardasil vaccine is supposed to be questionable as well.

I'm not against vaccines, I'm against unsafe vaccines.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 11 March 2017 7:26:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Immunisation reactions are generally mild and resolve by
themselves without needing medical treatment. The risk of
complications from childhood diseases is much
higher than the risks from immunisation.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 11 March 2017 7:49:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//"Australian dogs don't carry rabies."
Yes I've heard that somewhere too actually, it slipped my mind.//

Yes, we're lucky over here. We can still get a disease which is very much like rabies (and treatable with rabies vaccine) called Australian Bat Lyssavirus (ABLV). There have only been three confirmed cases, all fatal. So watch out for bats.

//I think I felt light headed and was drooling slightly. Something wasn't right but the Tetanus booster (which I hadn't had in a long time) seemed to cure me.
I think there was only 15-20 minutes in between being bitten and getting the shot.//

The incubation period for tetanus is longer than that. Whatever it was, it probably wasn't tetanus - the shot probably acted as a placebo. Interesting fact about placebos: placebo capsules work better than placebo tablets, and placebo injections work better than placebo capsules.

//From what I remember of his interviews he sounded pretty genuine.//

That's great, but science is not politics or showbusiness or sales, and it's not about how you deliver a pitch or whether you seem like a really nice and genuine guy. It's about how good your science is. And falsifying data is not science.

//Gardasil vaccine is supposed to be questionable as well.//

Is it just? And who is it that supposes Gardasil to be questionable? Would it be some reputable scientific or medical organisation? Some bloke down the pub? David Icke?

If it's David Icke, I'm with you. I've recently discovered proof that the Queen is a giant lizard: two birthdays, you see. We don't have two birthdays because we're just people, but her Majesty has one for her human form and one for her lizard form. See? All the pieces fit. That Icke fella knows what's really going on.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Saturday, 11 March 2017 9:46:56 AM
One theory about placebos; Getting the placebo tablet etc stirs the
brain up to driving the immune system into a new mode.
I wonder if there has been any serious research into that.
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 11 March 2017 10:09:19 AM
Sadly, i know a young lady. now in here 20's who at an early age had a reaction from her needles and ended up with a serious disabillity.

Hopefully there will be a test one day to determine compatabillity.

The other puzzeling part is that if a kid goes to school that is no imunised, and the others are, where is the problem really!
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 11 March 2017 1:47:04 PM
As an old paediatric nurse I would just like to point out that the danger of non immunisation is the huge risk to babies too young to be immunised or those unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition.
Babies don't even have to be in the presence of the unimmunised to be in danger. Many diseases, including measles can be spread by fomites, which are inanimate objects, such as a siblings Tshirt sneezed or coughed on by a sick schoolmate.
I think people have the right to choose whether or not to immunise, even though the anti group attitude horrifies me as a nurse, but they don't have the right to put other children at risk.
I'm old enough to have nursed children affected by polio, I've seen fatal tetanus in a child, I've nursed the deaf and blind babies born to mothers who contracted rubella whilst pregnant. Not to mention the poor babies with whooping cough.
I never want to see those days again.
Posted by Big Nana, Saturday, 11 March 2017 2:18:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy