The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > SBS Obsession with Race

SBS Obsession with Race

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17
  13. 18
  14. 19
  15. 20
  16. All
Wow, I thought only runner could pack that much willful ignorance into one post. I was wrong.

Step aside, runner. There's a new kid in town!

I'm still no closer to figuring out who you used to be though, ttbn.

An angry, occasionally-abusive, right-wing, climate change denier, who isn't religious yet still doubts evolution, thinks race is a scientifically valid concept, and doesn't understand the notion of equality in the context of social justice...

Never mind, I'll get it one day.
Posted by AJ Philips, Tuesday, 21 February 2017 3:07:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What law says I cannot comment on another persons religion? Why should any law say I cannot comment on another persons race, colour, religion or creed?

What law says I cannot say something that offends others? Why should any law say I cant say something that offends others?

Why does the govt favour the use of legislation as the sole method of preventing racism over education?

Race laws exist for no other reason than to prevent freedom of speech about the effects on a country of mixing races?

The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion but allow a very lively debate within that spectrum. – Noam Chomsky.
Posted by Referundemdrivensocienty, Wednesday, 22 February 2017 8:03:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Race laws exist for no other reason than to prevent freedom of speech about the effects on a country of mixing races?"

Not really, mixing "races" has a generally good effect, new genes in the pool etc., the European of today is a good example.

Nobody stops any discussion of the effects of the Romans introducing North African and Eastern bloodlines into Britain.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 22 February 2017 10:06:30 PM
Is mise
Yes, I agree that mixing of the bloodlines can be beneficial in creating a stronger
Race of Australians. It is well known that continuously breeding show dogs
With the same breed for too long perpetrates weaknesses in the breed until
the weaknesses become a real threat to the health of a lot of breeds and that. Mongrels
Get sick less often and are hardier and tougher.

But the minute you mention this type of Intregration as being desirable.you are accused of being racist.
There-in lies the down side of the mixing of the races. It needs to be done in an
Intelligent and controlled manner, because if you end up with two big ethnic groups here
Both big and equal in numbers you are more likely to get civil war over control of
The country before you get mixing in any great numbers by the ethnic groups.

Lions are the same species too, but if a lion comes onto the territory of another lion
You see exactly the same reaction that you see in a racist attack.
Hostility, threatening behaviour, fight.
It is better to call racism for what it is. Territorial bloodline hostility.
I'm surprised that some fellow on here who called himself a biologist, can probably
Understand this biological behaviour in animals, but fails to understand the same behaviour in humans who are also hardwired to protect those biologically closest to them, Their have been many bloodlines pushed to extinction through loss of land and territorial resources. The merging of bloodlines while desirable, has to be done in
A way that is very careful.
Posted by CHERFUL, Thursday, 23 February 2017 12:37:35 AM
Hi Is Mise & Cherful,

Yes, Darwin was all in favour of what he called 'hybrid vigour', that inter-mixing of people with different historical, geographical and biological backgrounds produced children who inherited the best from both. Having been happily married to an Indigenous woman, and observing other people in similar situations, I'm confident in asserting that yes, the best from both sides is inherited: it's well-known that some of the most beautiful women in the world - the current Miss Universe, for example - have mixed parentage.

And there's a lot more of it to come :)

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 23 February 2017 4:48:14 AM
When people from overseas are in sports teams and sing the dirt by sea anthem , then verse 4 says:
"While other nations of the globe
Behold us from afar,
We'll rise to high renown and shine
Like our glorious southern star;
From England, Scotia, Erin's Isle,
Who come our lot to share,
Let all combine with heart and hand
To advance Australia fair!
In joyful strains then let us sing
"Advance Australia fair!"

Fair or blonde-haired are advanced Australians.
Posted by nicknamenick, Thursday, 23 February 2017 7:27:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17