The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Do we need revolutionists today like Joan of Arc?

Do we need revolutionists today like Joan of Arc?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
"I am not afraid... I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc

Many today are caught up in the anxieties of society. Alongside that exists a world obsessed with individual interests by some masquerading as 'ethical', which can be about as worthy as buying some environmentally friendly washing powder.

Can the well known and iconic Joan of Arc, teach us as individuals how to become revolutionists and create positive and substantial world change?
Posted by NathanJ, Friday, 3 February 2017 10:14:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Nathan,

I've got enough on my plate without wanting to take
part in a revolution. All I can do is try to make a
difference in my dealings with others on a daily
basis. To treat people how I want to be treated,
and show them the compassion, and value and respect
that I would want to receive. Hopefully that will
make some difference.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 4 February 2017 10:51:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'd like to see most of our politicians dealt with the same way Joan de Arc was. No, not really, but they are all well past the due by date, and should be removed. Perhaps their pain and suffering could take the form of removing their ridiculous pensions and benefits for all they have inflicted on us?
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 4 February 2017 11:13:09 AM
Joanny was fighting Poms which has its benefits . Washing-up powder is crucial , too much bleach and it cooks the septic tank and the waste-water guy says not to do it but his wife uses it and she runs his house so what can you do?
Posted by nicknamenick, Saturday, 4 February 2017 12:18:06 PM
To have the revolution the people have to be angry enough that most likely would be via MSM news of events.

Now contrast 2 stories about the same event from Yahoo we have this.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/34345102/airbnb-brawl-gatecrashers-unleash-violent-attack-at-out-of-control-party-house/#page1

A wild 18th birthday party erupted in violence in Melbourne's south east Saturday night, at a home rented through online home-stay network Airbnb.

A young man was reportedly smashed in the face with a brick at a Malvern East home organisers rented, despite the owner stipulating no parties.

The celebration descended into chaos when hundreds of gatecrashers arrived.

Car loads of unwanted guests turned up in the usually quiet street around 11pm.

Witnesses told 7 News they had no intention of celebrating the 18th birthday party they were crashing, they were more intent on causing violence.

"Some guy got his faced slashed, there were bricks getting thrown around. It was violent," an unidentified witness said.

Another man, Nigel Maxwell, said he heard what sounded "like fighting, guys yelling screaming and swearing".

NOTICE no mention of them being African in the video and story.

Same event but from another source.

http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/crime/guests-jump-fences-to-escape-wild-airbnb-party-gatecrashed-by-gangs/news-story/727e5e62e20d2c518a5b2e0afba4acd0

Car loads of unwanted guests turned up in the usually quiet street around 11pm.

Witnesses told 7 News they had no intention of celebrating the 18th birthday party they were crashing, they were more intent on causing violence.

"Some guy got his faced slashed, there were bricks getting thrown around. It was violent," an unidentified witness said.

Another man, Nigel Maxwell, said he heard what sounded "like fighting, guys yelling screaming and swearing".

GUESTS at a wild party in an Airbnb rental were jumping fences and hiding in backyards to get away from a weapon-yielding gang that gatecrashed.

There were about 100 teens at the party, believed to be an 18th birthday where guests were charged $10 a head.

About 11pm on Saturday, 40 African men turned up in cars and a terrifying brawl broke out, police told media.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 6 February 2017 11:16:05 AM
Notice also in the 2nd story

"About 11pm on Saturday, 40 African men turned up in cars and a terrifying brawl broke out, police told media."

Seems Yahoo were told but conveniently left it out.

Have not checked other media to see how they are reporting it.

Also shows how scared of the recent threats to deport the violent thrash is making them change their ways, that part should be very troubling for people.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 6 February 2017 11:23:08 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy