The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Did Turnbull Really Say This?

Did Turnbull Really Say This?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
All this is very amusing, Billy, but not really worth my time. You seem to be a sad old man trying to justify a worthless life.

I have travelled overseas extensively but no, I have never been to Bali. I leave that to the bogans who have to borrow money to say that they have "been overseas". However, I do have every confidence that I know what I am talking about, and that you do not.

Thanks for popping up, though. Like everyone else I need to occasionally come across soemone like you to appreciate how lucky I am.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 14 January 2017 10:28:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah, the typical answer of a loser. You have failed to answer a single point, because you realise you have nothing to say.

It's a pity you don't have the gonads to defend your religion though, I enjoy ridiculing fools like you.

So crawl back in your hole, whatever your name is, I'm done with you ....... for now.
Posted by Billyd, Saturday, 14 January 2017 11:38:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Now, children .....

Hi Billyd,

You're right when you say , " .... Muslims aren't responsible for the atrocities carried out in the name of Islam .... ", but clearly, the atrocities carried out in the name of Islam are very likely to have been carried out by Muslims. So, no, not all Muslims, and really, only a tiny proportion of all Muslims. But Muslims nevertheless. Give credit where credit's due.

I think Bazz's point was that Egyptians built the Pyramids. Later most of them became Christian and were known as Copts. Later still, their country was invaded by Arab Muslims, and their DNA changed forever: male DNA Arab, female DNA Egyptian.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Saturday, 14 January 2017 5:00:24 PM
Hi Joe.

You're right Joe, but my point is, blame Islam, not Muslims.

The main problem I see with Islam, is that there is no overall authority since the last Caliph, in, I think, 1924.

Christianity has the pope and the archbishop of Canterbury, which reins in extremism, pretty much. There have been extremist Christian atrocities, carried out over thousands of years, plus wars started by Christian countries causing millions of deaths.

Wikipedia, needing to be taken with a fair degree of scepticism, lists Christian terrorism around the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

I can only repeat my experiences with Muslims, and the overwhelming hospitality and generosity I've been shown, as decreed by Islam.

I don't have an answer Joe, I'm not even sure there is one, but I am sure it will get a lot worse before it gets better.

As to the Egyptians, I really don't see his point. Egypt was invaded by a combined British, French and Israeli force in 1956, not the first time outsiders had interfered in the country, and not the last. Just like The Great Game, that kept Afghanistan in turmoil for hundreds of years to keep the British and Russian empires apart. ISIS is a result of the US invasion of 2003 after the weapons inspectors had told them there were no WMDs. The Sunnis, who were dispossessed, were then funded by Wahhabi Saudi Arabia and became ISIS. The Iran Iraq war, started by the CIA. The overthrow of the democratically elected government of Iran in 1953, where the UK and US installed the Shah and stole their oil. The propping up of the Saudi Royal Family, allowing them to steal the country's wealth and oppress the people, to guarantee the supply of oil. And on and on and on ..... and what do they all have in common? The West exercising their perceived 'right' to control the Muslim world.
Posted by Billyd, Saturday, 14 January 2017 7:30:04 PM
The Catholic church was infiltrated during the sex scandals and is now not worth a mention. They've officially moved over to the dark side in my opinion, not that I ever thought much of a religion often involved in child molestation.

Not sure how 'Christian' the Catholic church actually is...
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 14 January 2017 8:25:53 PM
The Romans invented Christianity. The Empire was crumbling, kings were refusing to bow to the authority of Rome, they needed a way to maintain their influence and their wealth. So they did a deal with the rulers of Europe, accept the church and we will look after their souls and make sure they are loyal to you. It didn't quite work out that way, but for a time it worked. One of the titles of the pope is Holy Roman Emperor.

The Councils of Nicea formulated the religion from scratch, decided which of the dozens of gospels to use, and even voted on the divinity of Jesus. They came away with the Nicean Creed, which is still the basis of Christianity. It's just a farce when people associate Christianity with Jesus.
Posted by Billyd, Saturday, 14 January 2017 10:16:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy