The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Single mother confirms the entitlement mentality is alive and kicking.

Single mother confirms the entitlement mentality is alive and kicking.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Paul a lot of cash wages are due to the disincentives to employ people through the correct chanels.
For every action there is a reaction.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 29 December 2016 2:36:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Butch, I am surprised you still support law breaking when circumstances require it (and who determines the circumstance, obviously the employer). I gave you a couple of examples of law breaking, but you did not comment. The 7/11 case, another example, do you condone that as well, by the way they have been at it again! Do you condone those who feel justified holding up butcher shops to supplement their income? If not, why not? And the GST rip off, also fully justified, along with all other business tax avoidance.
It is clear what side of the fence you are one, you make no BONES about it.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 30 December 2016 6:43:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I must admit Paul, you have quite an imagination on you, just assuming i am a law breaker in most cases.

Just for your benefit I dont break the law. I employ my staff correctly, pay their super, pass on their taxes, even make changes to thier super when they choose another fund, all of which is unpaid work.

In fact, the amount of unpaid work performed by business people (empoyers) rarely gets a mention as it is taken for granted that we business owners will work for nothing, yet, the likes of you kick and scream if a worker is expected to do the same. Go figure.

I have a customer who has several servos and when asked to provide info for an audit, (fallout form 7/11) he said No! i will not do that for nothing, i have done nothing wrong and if you want that info it will cost you $80 per hour +GST for my book keeper to provide same. It will be interesting to see where this goes because he is taking a stand.

When the fair work officer said "are yoy refusing to provide ino" he said "No, i am refusing to do the work for nothing" and rightly so because he does enough unpaid work now. Watch this space.

ps, no, I don't support underpayment of wages, but i do understand why it occurrs.

As for stolen GST, if you shop at any market, chances are you are part of the very problem you despise.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 30 December 2016 2:29:45 PM
rehtcub

long unpaid hours of work.
Brings us back to most mothers doesn't it.

Including this single mother, who was upfront in informing centrelnk that she thought
they were making a mistake in what they were payng her.
Centrelink went on paying her the same so she had to assume that they were competent and knew what they were doing.

How many people on this forum would like to be paid money for months or years
then be told they had to pay 10's of thousands back after the money was spent on living expenses.

Centrlink made this mistake and they need to wear it as their fault and not penalize this
hardworking single mother for it.

Shame on them and this nasty society we live in.
Posted by CHERFUL, Saturday, 31 December 2016 8:00:28 PM
People are being trained up by the media to hate the dole and people who claim it ..... and they don't even know it. Why do I say this?

Do such people ever make the same comments and rants about corporate welfare? No they don't because they dont even know about corporate welfare because the man on the TV has not told them about that.

Suggest the poster research how money is created, how banks create money out of thin air.

Would the poster change their view, i wonder, if the fortnightly economic stimulus packages injected in the local economy by bouncing it through the back accounts of the old, the sick the unemployment which enables them to survive, suddenly stopped?

How much does the security of your job depend on that fortnightly economic stimulus package being injected into the local economy?
Posted by Referundemdrivensocienty, Monday, 2 January 2017 4:58:14 PM
Referundemdrivensocienty, welfare payments are not the issue, the two critical issues are One, the fact that people on the one hand expect to be on long term welfare, and Two, that it is paid in cold hard cash, cash that can be, and so often is, wasted.

The next time you see someone on welfare boozing it up or squeezing a few bucks into the pokies, or lighting a fag, just spare a thought for the kids that are going without because after all, whether it be in the form of family payment, or even rent assistance, it was paid to them buy the tax payer, as a gesture of good will to ensure their family didnt go with the basics.

There is another case of a mother saying her $170 per fortnight rent assistance was wrongly cut off. Does she expect that to continue indefinitely.

Sadly, we now have a society that can choose between the benefits of working, or staying on welfare, and a large cause of this is because of the cash payments.

A simple restricted debit card is all that is needed.

Not sure what you are refiring to as 'corporate welfare' BTW.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 3 January 2017 5:57:25 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy