The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > David Goes On Holiday.

David Goes On Holiday.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
"Greens MP David Shoebridge will be beginning a trip to Trump’s America today to discuss gun control policies, compare the two countries’ gun lobbies and what it might all mean under a Trump Administration.
While Australia is considered by many the envy of the world when it comes to gun control laws, there is a growing and disturbing gun culture in Australia that is perpetuated by a growing number of pro-gun MP’s in Parliaments across the country.
In Austin, Denver, Baltimore, Washington, New York and Boston David will be meeting with politicians, academics, emergency services personnel, victims and families, and gun control advocates. An itinerary is available on request......"

From David Shoebridge's Facebook site.

Hope the taxpayer isn't paying for this little jaunt!!
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 28 November 2016 9:28:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise, this is not a jaunt, this is one of the states most active politicians doing his job. Surly you would be in favor of our representatives gaining the necessary knowledge to make informed decisions on relevant issues.
A jaunt would be like when Fat Bob from The Shooters and Hooters Party went off to Africa to kill eight endangered elephants. What are Shooter doing for the festive season, getting into the sprite of things, and going off to Lapland to bag a bunch of Santa's reindeer, there goes Dancer, Prancer and Blitzen. Maybe they will stay at home and blow away a few koala's. its more than I can bear!
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 29 November 2016 5:23:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//Greens MP David Shoebridge will be beginning a trip to Trump’s America today//

Given that man is a dendrophile, I can only assume that this voyage will be made on a wind or solar powered boat of some kind. Because if he's flying, that hardly demonstrates the commitment to reducing GHG emissions that you'd expect of a hippy. He could get the answers he wants just as easily by staying home and skyping these Americans he needs to speak with (using solar power, of course), at a fraction of the monetary, energy and fossil fuel cost. But he'd rather have a nice holiday overseas.

//Surly you would be in favor of our representatives gaining the necessary knowledge to make informed decisions on relevant issues.//

I am, but there's more than one way to skin a cat. If you're a hippy, why would you select the method that burns the most fossil fuels? It doesn't make any sense.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 29 November 2016 6:15:06 AM
"Surly you would be in favor of our representatives gaining the necessary knowledge to make informed decisions on relevant issues."

Of course, Paul, but as he has already shown his "expertise" in this field, why would he need to go to the US?

I'd call Sandalplank a grub but grubs are quite useful to nature and one should not insult them.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 29 November 2016 6:43:56 AM
To the Right Honourable David Shoebridge and the various posters on this topic I have to steal a line from the movie "National Lampoon's European Vacation" - Oink oink my good man! I would like to emphasize that I do not mean this in a nasty, jealous way but in David's huge fight against intercontinetal air travel.
Posted by JBowyer, Tuesday, 29 November 2016 7:54:55 AM
You are a rather tiresome lot, not to mention ignorant to boot. Toni please do not use words you do not know the meaning of. If a person was a dendrophile, they may suffer some degree of angst should they be upon a wooden sailing ship, possibly an uncomfortable feeling being in the company of dead loved ones. Where as such a person could be contented in an an all metal and plastic jet airliner not powered by a fuel derived from plant material.

Jbowyer, David seen no need to assume the hackneyed title of "Honorable" when entering parliament, as did the likes of The Honorable Eddie Obeid and The Honorable Tweedle Dumb and The Honorable Tweedle Even Dummer, from The Shooters and Hooters Party, a trio of the most dishonorable parliamentarians you could find.

Is Mise, you old conservationists. What gun do you recommend be used to shoot grubs? I assume Fat Bob used an Elephant Gun to shoot all those endangered elephants. You shooters, you old conservationists, certainly have a novel way of taking animals off the endangered list, you shoot them all and put then on the extinct list. as you guys like to say "Its as dead as a Dodo!" So is this topic.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 29 November 2016 9:00:30 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy