The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > $9,000 a week wage. Is someone really worth that?

$9,000 a week wage. Is someone really worth that?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I wonder what secrets she knows about the people who made the appointment
Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 12 October 2016 2:00:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I speculate if readers had any royal blood running in their vanes belonging to any European country royalty, royalty blood relatives could easily obtain a high salary income under some idea that higher education actually made a difference how well companies and/or government ran.

Also… companies pay high wages so upper management wouldn’t steal company assets.

Another idea is that outrageous salaries make good distracting media stories, people who need to be angry at something, like to read.

Media transparency regular story embarrassments, adds one more story few people can doubt feeling good about being angry at, that such stories are invented for the sake of easy to understand judgements.
Posted by steve101, Wednesday, 12 October 2016 1:30:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why is it so many pick on ceo's yet ignore the likes of sports stars earning tens of millions per year, or movie stars earning up to $60 million for ONE MOVIE.

I do however find it hard to endorse someone who has resided over such a train wreck.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 12 October 2016 7:20:20 PM
rehctub,
At least sports stars and movie stars do earn their paychecks as per their contracts.
They well may not deserve the gross totals but unlike the CEOs its not down to the 'boys club' or the bedroom.
I am still trying to come to terms with a weekly paycheck of $9,000
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Wednesday, 12 October 2016 8:12:06 PM
Well, I think you'll find that people in the "upper crust" (whether deserved or not) enjoy and go to great lengths to maintain this financial distortion/inequity as it allows them to limit and control who gets to "play the game."

Another example would be the 2 tiered medical system. Simply, people with money do not wish to be triaged and have to wait in line based on medical need, but rather they want to waive a fist full of dollars under some money grubbers nose in order that they receive preferential treatment.

I could go on .. but the problem rests on a population who continues to vote for 2 parties who far from availing themselves of ample opportunities to correct these inequities, they do rather exist to preserve the status quo.

So herein, "we" are as a house divided against itself.
Posted by DreamOn, Thursday, 13 October 2016 4:13:44 PM
Biological heating in the ocean: for comment.

Siliggy where are you?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0967064507002044
and:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924796304000211
Posted by JF Aus, Friday, 14 October 2016 10:02:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy