The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Refugees in Aged Care facilities

Refugees in Aged Care facilities

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
A number of units in an Eltham Aged Care facility could be used to house Syrian refugees.

What next? Forced billeting in private homes?
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 7 October 2016 10:26:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Eltham was not forced into anything - they compassionately volunteered to help people who lost their homes through no fault of their own. Shouldn't you too?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 7 October 2016 1:15:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,

I didn't see anything about 'invitations". And public or private, the residents wouldn't have the right or authority to make such invitations. A few anti-placards in the streets, though. Perhaps it's just a storm in a tea cup caused by some meddlers who thought it was a good idea because there were vacancies, completely ignoring the fact aged-care is for Australians who have generally contributed to the availability of such institutions.

Shouldn't I be takeing some in? No. You forgot to say how many will be living at your place, though. Thanks for your input.

If this is an official idea, then it shows that our slave-to-the-UN goverment is taking on obligations that it cannot fulfill. No accommodation, no jobs - just a massive cost the Australian taxpayers.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 7 October 2016 3:12:31 PM
//I didn't see anything about 'invitations".//

Neither did I.

But nor did I see anything about the heavy hand of the left-wing government we don't have forcing private companies to hand out freebies. I suspect that would actually be illegal.

If private companies choose to hand out freebies, that's up to them. A lot of them do: basically, it's a form of advertising. If you don't like it, buy a controlling interest in CatholicCare and make them put a stop to it. Although given the name I think it's a fair bet that the Catholic Church have their fingers in that particular pie, and good luck buying out the left-footers: the Church is quite wealthy.

If you're not a shareholder, why do you care?

//And public or private, the residents wouldn't have the right or authority to make such invitations.//

Well, no. The residents are customers of CatholicCare, not the owners. It's the owners of a business who get to decide how it is run, not the customers. If the owners choose to run it in a manner that upsets customers then they might struggle to remain viable, but that is their problem.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 7 October 2016 10:27:18 PM
Toni,

Yep.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 7 October 2016 11:00:12 PM
"CatholicCare" That says it all the Charity business trying to get more taxpayer $'s from the Government to look after refugees, Which allows them to give the higher management more salary and perks.

If the Charities want to look after refugees do it as a charity not a way of getting millions of dollars of taxpayers money.

They will not do that because in reality most so called charities are out for the money for the bosses.
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 8 October 2016 2:40:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy