The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > First US Presidential Election Debate

First US Presidential Election Debate

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Pete, I agree we need shore based nuclear defence, but I still like cruise as an invasion defence. I don't of course have any objection to a bunch of small ballistic missiles, but I doubt we could ever get both, too expensive.

No fleet, or group of fleets could invade without air supremacy, reasonably achievable with our few numbers of aircraft, but a couple of dozen nuclear cruise missiles that could be launched when any fleet was within 50 nautical miles or so would make any invasion too risky for anyone to attempt.

I would rather see our patrol boats armed with missiles than subs. Even small things like the ship to ship version of the exocet would be more likely to be delivered if from a patrol boat, than from any sub of ours.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 28 September 2016 7:06:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Personally I won't be voting for either of them.

Is this the really best that they can come up with over there?

When it comes down to it - here's one summary of the honesty of the debate -

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/20-lies-donald-trump-told-first-presidential-debate
Posted by rache, Thursday, 29 September 2016 1:46:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Those watching the TV Debate included Taliban secretly viewing from Afghanistan, if NBC is to be believed. The livelihood (including revenue gained) of the Taliban's efficient insurgency will depend on who wins the Election.

27 September 2016 NBC News reveals:

TALIBAN WATCHES CLINTON, TRUMP DEBATE FROM SECRET AFGHANISTAN LOCATION

“...Taliban leaders tuned into Monday night's [US eastern time] debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump from a secret location in Afghanistan, a spokesman for the militant group told NBC News.

"We were very interested in watching," said Zabihullah Mujahid. The spokesman added that "Trump ... [says] anything that comes to his tongue" and branded the Republican candidate as "non-serious."

He said the militant group's leadership had hoped that Afghanistan would feature more prominently in the discussion. "There nothing of interest to us in the debate as both of them said little about Afghanistan and their future plans for the country," he said…”

More see http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-presidential-debates/taliban-watches-clinton-trump-debate-secret-afghanistan-location-n655276
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 29 September 2016 2:12:01 PM
I'm almost about ready to move from Trump supporter (or more precisely Hillary opposer) to 'none of the above' after Mike Pence's comments yesterday on Assad.
Trump needs to clearly state his foreign policy positions.

One problem I now foresee is that if Trump is not for removing Assad and wins in November they might kill him, allowing Pence to become President and thus continue their warmongering foreign policy.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 9 October 2016 9:25:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy