The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are We Already Losing Democracy?

Are We Already Losing Democracy?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
From what I have been reading, the Whitlam govt threw the constitution under a bus in 1975.

Look up Sue Maynes work. e.g: We the people have NEVER voted at referendum to;

approve the increase of power of any body or govt agency outside of the Parliament of the Commonwealth of Australia,

hand over our ‘power’ to international bodies and corporations

step out of the protection of the Commonwealth Constitution.

be coerced to any legal action in anything but common law.

be manipulated into agreeing to any commercial activity that gives an assumed power to a foreign jurisdiction.

be governed by any body that is not completely “of” and working completely within, the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Australia.

be bound to Private Law agreements we did not even know existed!

Read this document "Why This Corporate Government is Not Our Government" at this address:

http://peopleofthecommonwealth.blogspot.com.au/2010/09/why-this-corporate-government-is-not.html
Posted by Referundemdrivensocienty, Sunday, 18 September 2016 2:01:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
About this indigenous computer room case.
I think this was a case just waiting to happen and the non-indigenous students who complained may have been seen as a cash settlement just waiting to walk through the door, from the viewpoint of Cindy Prior who likely knew this and was probably planning to do exactly what she did as soon as someone did complain publicly.
I wouldn't even be surprised if she acted in a stand-offish way in a hope that a complaint on facebook would be publicly made so that she could bring forward discrimination lawsuits.

This is how I read the situation.

I wonder if she kicked people out before and knew that she could get bundle of money if she played it right?

I don't think the non-indigenous students criticism was unreasonable.
And therefore I think the lawsuit is frivolous.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 18 September 2016 2:42:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC,

I think that most of the frivolity lies with Triggs and the HRC for taking on the case. Apart that, yes, the aboriginal industry is certainly open for profit.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 19 September 2016 4:07:42 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy