The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > We regard this as akin to a national emergency.

We regard this as akin to a national emergency.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
These problems on communities arose from words "Aborigine" or "Aboriginal" being used to qualify rights AND responsibilities of Australians by racial tags.

Qualifications from Federal and State governments as it suits them.

All qualifications by race is part of the problem not the solution.

In 1967 Australians did not vote to expand ability of Commonwealth to treat Australians differently on grounds of race, rather they voted overwhelmingly to eliminate such segregationist treatment, demanding we all be treated equally as Australians.

This truth most inconvenient for many race industry feeders.

Actions supporting, reinforcing segregationist, seperatist actions with qualification of our rights and or responsibilities on grounds of race should NOT be applauded, should be recognised as OUTLAWED.

People living where land titles issued to "Aboriginal" industry corporations must all be given long term peppercorn or secure titles for their homes.

Lack of security in homes is part of the problem in communities.
Posted by polpak, Sunday, 24 June 2007 4:02:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly
The only thought patterns that I cant follow are yours.
We have always held a high interest in aboriginal affairs Belly.
Who was it that was screaming when Senator Andrew Bartletts blots were mostly on migrants or people from other countries.
The do gooders who INSISTED we treat them differently to the rest of us have caused more trouble than anybody.
Just Look! at the mess.

Go back over the last five years .

The women and kids along with the Elderly people are too scared to report abuse and rape because they dont have any support.

What Howards doing is the right thing and as I said even kevin Rudd agrees with that.

So what was it you were complaining about?

Finally , Finally somethings being done.
I read a few posts back somebody said it was a Nationals grab of land and control of farming lands.
Dont you worry about that- We will be watching the National Party Elders[and I dont mean aboriginal leaders] who now fancy themselves as outback internet providers who just got a Billion dollar grant from the Government.

The oNLY way for these people is to give them - or ASSIST them to control their own land.
Any National Party moves or OTHERS to take control of farming lands will be strongly opposed.
Lets help the kids and women first!
That is if you do not mind Belly.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 24 June 2007 6:06:59 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
pale I will forget you exist,the crimes are real the suffering is too, the neglect by all sides of politics is a fact.
Bleeding hearted idiots some in my party are in the way of change.
And the problem is nation wide, however so very many have escaped the problem and made it into mainstream Australia.
Why have so many failed to even try?
Yet again we, white Australia must spend money, without recrimination spend what is needed to give.
Health education law housing, work, yes real jobs not ever again sit down money, land if it is part of the answer.
And as every post on this subject has said Howard if this is not just another lie, if this is about real change , if this is not about elections I thank you.
Rudd thank you too, this must be the beginning of the end of over 200 years of failure.
Some blame clearly lays with the community its self and some true racists live in both camps white and black.
Australia must not allowed this shameful thing to continue and must understand it is nation wide not just northern Territory's problem.
Posted by Belly, Monday, 25 June 2007 5:09:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly
Your a strange one all right. You have just reapeated what I said.
Still what does it matter I guess when everybody is agreeing for once.
I think you will find if this is handled properly the Australian people will offer no end of help.

Long have we asked to fix our own poverty and abuse considering much has been done overseas.

I do hope the public and companies who have made contact with offers of help are allowed to participate and not just Church Groups and parties like the Nationals.

Yes if Rud is helping than we thank him too as I have already said on no less than four ocashions now.

Just for once try to think of the women and children Belly and not your dislike of Howard- Or me for that matter.
Have a nice da
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Monday, 25 June 2007 7:22:22 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
John Howard is on a mission to reduce the power of the states. The states are an anachronism with responsibility for health, education, housing, transport and industrial relations. The federal government raises taxes and provides an army.

Already in this Parliamentary cycle we have seen the Federal government
1. try to take control of industrial relations through Work Choices a massive piece of legislation that is draconian in its impacts on workers and very unwieldy for employers to implement
2. try to take control of water but that appears to have failed
3. now they are rolling back Native Title in the Northern Territory under the guise of "Little Children are Sacred". Notice that Western Australia and Queensland are not cooperating and the details of when the army will be moving into aboriginal lands and where the doctors are coming from still has to be determined

I predict the lasting effects of this "national emergency" will be
1. mining companies have unrestricted access to aboriginal land
2. no change to levels of child abuse
3. more aboriginal children sent to boarding school
4. increased malnutrition and poorer housing as welfare recipients are "breached" for non compliance
5. reduced population in remote areas

Most whites don't know that aboriginal children could be removed from school in NSW if a white parent objected to the aboriginal kid being in the class up until quite recently [last 15 years?]
Now aboriginal children can be forcibly subjected to invasive sexual diseases checks "for their own good". You wouldn't permit your own kids to be subjected to that, would you?
Posted by billie, Monday, 25 June 2007 1:04:50 PM
From the musings of People who like dead meat and frisky licentious sheep--

"The do gooders who INSISTED we treat them differently to the rest of us have caused more trouble than anybody.
Just Look! at the mess."

Another one who does not know history, oh god!

Doh! Wasn't this a result of being historically being treated unequally?

Do gooders (as you call them) are merely trying to fix this historical imbalance.

Flat iron egalitarianism is ok to have but you have understand it better sheep lover.

Are you right in the head or what?
Posted by Rainier, Monday, 25 June 2007 1:20:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All