The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > We regard this as akin to a national emergency.

We regard this as akin to a national emergency.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All
"You are incorrect. Howard "wanted to act 7 years ago" but he was stopped."
Assuming you are correct...So because Howard was "stopped" from "acting" (likely, extreme party policies were blocked), his next action is to not do something at all and leave it to get worse? Rather than look for alternative solutions or make alternative suggestions? Then blame the opposition or leave it to Australians to blame them years later.Genius! That doesn't makes sense, other than to make it, "the other guy's fault for not doing what I said". That is childish and petty. They had opportunity to do something else, if they were stopped.

Government, "We want all Aboriginals to be removed from Australia"

Opposition, "This is a disgrace."

Government whispering to colleague, "The average Australian is too simple-minded to see the totality of this moment. You wait and see."

Opposition, "Do you want to propose any other solutions?"

Government, "No no. That's fine. You've indicated you don't want to help us."

An Australian years later, "The opposition stopped the government from helping Aboriginals! It's their fault."
Posted by Steel, Monday, 25 June 2007 4:42:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
pale let your blind unseeing rage cool before you comment the caps lock in mid sentence the miss spelling and the dysfunctional miss quotes do you no good.
If you fail to see the true concern indeed pain in my posts for the kids the women and the community we are wasting our time talking.
The thread about stolen generation started before this latest Medea feast was mine.
In Truth go back to my very early posts years ago here and even further back in other now gone sites and my concerns have been the same.
More blame on this issue belongs to us whites than Aboriginals, time and again we have promised but not delivered on this issue.
My side of politics has far too many who say we should let the community fix it.
And yours says blame it on the community.
Australia knew about this 40 years ago ,we have failed to fix it, this time we must not fail.
pale you in talking to me here must get over the fact I am from the other side of politics, judge what I say not what you think I SAY.
And pale stop trading in the dreadful pain of Aboriginals.
It is not a point scoring game real children are suffering from events that took place just hours ago.
Many of those events are crimes white men paid to carry out against them.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 26 June 2007 5:47:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Steel

“… sending police in before asking any questions is something that resembles a police state.”

They are hardly being sent in without any questions being asked.

Do you think questions have never been asked, or efforts made to deal with alcoholism and child abuse, repeatedly over many decades?

Do you think that there is a single adult in an Aboriginal community anywhere in Australia who doesn’t know that child abuse is utterly wrong or that the demon drink is indeed a very sinister demon?

Do you think that they wouldn’t know that the police and government want these problems to be fixed, just as their own people do?

Yes people are suspicious and some are scared that their children will be taken. But maximum communication will be conducted with the people of these communities. They will quickly know just what the police presence is really about.
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 26 June 2007 11:07:49 AM
Right at this very minute some place in Australia maybe in many places in our land, an Aboriginal child is crying.
A victim of sexual assault just minutes ago or a bashing.
Some have not been Fed for a few days.
Do you think false fears matter to that kid?
And is the idiotic claim its about taking land not proof education is needed?
Noel Pearson we need 200 like you.
We Australians must roll over the nay sayers.
The loony left of left.
The rabbit like right of right.
How can any one say no to this?
How can we not hang our head and cry at decades of failure by us?
Again John Howard you furry little rodent well done and thanks.
A fine way to rap up a life in politics save me a seat at the wake on election night,, no need to bother I have been planing that from day one of workchoices.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 27 June 2007 9:57:16 PM
Well, as events have now shown I am correct. Rights have been revoked. Aboriginals have fled in terror. Land has been requisitioned. Police and military have gone in "to report on conditions" as if for the first time.

All the money spent so far has been on control and confinement by the government. Nothing has gone to do something for the people themselves.
Posted by Steel, Saturday, 30 June 2007 1:25:02 AM
Steel

As a person I have been involved with aboriginal people "all my life."
I was brought up that way I am proud to say.
I have not just jumped on the Ban waggon in the last few weeks.
Steel-there is an old saying - The man I see is the man I be.
It would appear this might apply to you given your extrordinary comments claiming I am cashing in on politics.

If you had bothered to read anything properly in the past you would have noticed I oppose the Government STRONGLY on their lack of compashion and leadership regarding Animal Welfare.
I dislike even more the National party for the same reason. Rudd is weak and slivers around avoiding the hard subjects.
Even if he was the best thing himself since sliced bread he doesnt have the talent in his staff.
The Democrates and do gooders that do nothing and have done little for aboriginal people are not the love of my life either.
I met Steve Fielding in person and that wasnt anything to get excited about.
Except to say as far as arrogance and rudeness goe`s I think Family First would take first prize.

So Steel I am not playing favouites. I AM pleased The Prime Minister and Mr Rudd have put aside some things to help the aboriginal people.

Now to that other poster who claims all the people have run off.
Grow up!
As ludwig said. They know why the police and Army are there and mostly the women and kids are happy to see them
I think its fantsic.
Now may I ask Belly and Steel.
What THEY are doing to help the aboriginal people?
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Saturday, 30 June 2007 6:40:53 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy