The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Lindt Siege

Lindt Siege

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All
Enquiry reveals that top police "missed opportunities" to shoot the gunman holding hostages (and eventually killing two of them) because they were worried more about possible backlashes against the "Muslim community" than they were concerned about the lives of 18 hostages.

Huh?
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 19 August 2016 12:25:11 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
References, please.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 19 August 2016 6:22:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey ttbn,
None of what you say surprises me at all.
The story (as you lay it out) is actually what I thought had happened from day 1.
From the very first day I heard (or read somewhere) the cops shot hostages as they entered the cafe.
I watched it happen live and thought right then they were too gung-ho and likely killed people going in.
My feeling as it unfolded was that they were more concerned with further Islamic terrorist attacks and tip-toed around taking him out.

Even the testimony from the police talking about the 'offender's rights', well it sounded like they were covering up their own incompetence.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/lindt-siege-inquiry-youre-an-absolute-disgrace/news-story/94bf6695ccf888fa827fd2ae7ee72cef

Apparently they declined help from the military too I heard somewhere as well, did anyone else hear that?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 19 August 2016 7:31:15 PM
AC,

Yes. They decided against using the military.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 19 August 2016 8:14:59 PM
Is Mise,

"The Australian"
Centre for Independent Studies
Reports from inquest an evidence od A. Scipione and C. Burn.

All public knowledge
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 19 August 2016 8:46:50 PM
Welcome to the new world of the limp wrist brigade, nothing like the feather duster approach hey!

Unfortunately we have built our nest so we now have to lie in it. We are incapable of making the simplest decisions for fear of upsetting the likes of the queers, or half a dozen Aborigines living in some remote community thinking that's sustainable.

We cant vote for anyone with balls, because they get chucked out, and our fallen war veterans must be turning in their graves to think they sacrificed their lives for their country, only to have it turn out like this.

Its time to bring back the biff!
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 20 August 2016 6:13:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy