The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is it time to pass the Olympic Games back to Greece?

Is it time to pass the Olympic Games back to Greece?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Christ, what a bunch of poe-faced wowsers.

Can't you enjoy and admire people putting everything they've got into some single-minded goal ? Aren't you inspired by such dedication ?

Watching the women's marathon last night, I never dreamt how interesting it could be. For two and a half hours. Such gorgeous little bottoms too.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 15 August 2016 10:11:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
. A young person (whether a “child” or “child or young person”) in all jurisdictions (except NSW) means a person under the age of 18 years. New South Wales requires mandatory reporting for a person under the age of 16 years.
For the current Olympic cycle, in order to compete in the 2016 Olympics, a gymnast must have a birth date before January 1, 2001.

Better just stay with the males who are older and avoid abusing the 15 year old girls.
Posted by nicknamenick, Monday, 15 August 2016 11:37:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nick,

Well, that's what the stipulation is for.

As for poe-faced wowserism, I rest my case.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 15 August 2016 12:14:56 PM
Every morning I listen to 15 minutes of news on ABC radio 720 followed by 30 minutes of current affairs.

That stopped dead when the mind-numbingly boring Brazil boondoggle swept serious news and current affairs broadcasts from the air.

Functional radio silence continues this week.
Posted by EmperorJulian, Monday, 15 August 2016 12:37:05 PM
Hmmmm ...... I wonder if it's merely envy, that couch potatoes are antagonistic not only to effort but to any admiration for those who do put effort into some goal.

Perhaps it's also a fury and envy at the sight of close-to-perfect bodies compared to their own.

Perhaps they are still pissed off that, throughout their junior primary years, they didn't get a Gold Star for everything, in proper recognition of their wonderful uniqueness - after all, their mums had rewarded them for everything, such as 'Look mummy, I do poos !'

Or is it that they are terrified of growing older, past optimal Olympic age, that their saggy bits are only going to get saggier, and all those firm young bodies are a cruel reminder of their own irreversible sloth ?

Nothing and nobody is perfect, but some come a hell of a lot closer than others, including these wonderful young people in Rio.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 15 August 2016 1:08:36 PM
wimps..do we see anything like this ?
, athletes from any Greek city-state and kingdom were allowed to participate, although .. king Alexander I to participate in the games only after he had proven his Greek ancestry.
Boxing ., hard leather with metal sometimes was used.. Bouts continued until one man either surrendered or died - however, the dead boxer was automatically declared the winner.

. Greek geographer Pausanias wrote of a fight between Damoxenos and Kreugas which ended when Damoxenos jabbed Kreugas with outstretched fingers, piercing the skin and ripping Kreugas' entrails out of the body.

. In pankration only biting and gouging were forbidden. One fighter would break an opponent’s fingers at the start of the match to force immediate surrender. Another fighter would twist opponents’ ankles from their sockets
Posted by nicknamenick, Monday, 15 August 2016 1:45:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy