The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > So it's ok to cull unwanted race horses, so why no greyhounds?

So it's ok to cull unwanted race horses, so why no greyhounds?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
What type of people are involved in greyhound racing? Are they likely to be movers and shakers, rubbing shoulders with the rich and powerful?

Thoroughbred racing on the other hand....

No one is going to go after the sport of kings. But the sport of peasants is fair game.
Posted by mhaze, Saturday, 6 August 2016 8:43:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
....No one is going to go after the sport of kings. But the sport of peasants is fair game.

Mhaze, this has nothing to do with sport, it has to do with animal cruelty, and therefore why is it that culling under performing greyhounds is any less humane than culling under performing horses.

Surely cruelty can not take sides of have favourites.

Personally I don't care but I do know there are a lot a jobs at stake, and given we have fewer jobs on offer, any of these who find a new job, will more than likely take it from someone else.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 6 August 2016 4:12:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//What type of people are involved in greyhound racing? Are they likely to be movers and shakers, rubbing shoulders with the rich and powerful?

Thoroughbred racing on the other hand....

No one is going to go after the sport of kings. But the sport of peasants is fair game.//

Exactly. Good post, mhaze.

//Personally I don't care but I do know there are a lot a jobs at stake, and given we have fewer jobs on offer, any of these who find a new job, will more than likely take it from someone else.//

Don't you get it, rechtub? Baird doesn't care about dogs, or horses, or even other people. He cares about the magnitude of his bank balance. That is all; end of story.

Do you really think he gives a sh!t about how many people his brilliant plan will put in the dole queue? He doesn't worry about that; welfare is a Federal problem, not a State problem. The only concerns he has about his policies is to what extent they will directly benefit himself and his mates. Us plebs can go fornicate ourselves.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Saturday, 6 August 2016 11:00:59 PM
In France, horse meat is available at butchers and is prized by some. I have eaten it, and it is quite edible, so I don't see why horses shouldn't be treated differently from cattle and sheep.

However, I don't imagine that there would be much of use in a greyhound.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 8 August 2016 7:07:38 AM
There is no argument that can justify the cruel and barbaric pursuit pf greyhound racing.
To my knowledge the disgusting business has been given numerous opportunities over the last 40 years in NSW to clean up its act, and has failed to do so. Noq its time for the 'dish licker' brigade to pack up in NSW and take a hike!
Good move Mr Baird.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 8 August 2016 8:27:13 AM
I guess this is no surprise, but no reply to my email from Mr Baird yet.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 9 August 2016 5:17:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy