The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The question on gay marriage is prety simple now.

The question on gay marriage is prety simple now.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. All
I am completely with Phanto here.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 30 June 2016 2:17:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Gay marriage is all a bit of a distraction, I could assume, wearing down many people from bothering to care about what happens in politics.

Has any person considered government pension rights, death of a spouse; whether what happens in inheritance to children from another normal relationship marriage.

Why not create binding legal contracts which serve the same purpose as normal relationship marriages, putting on ceremony to celebrate an occasion.

I also assume politicians are having a good laugh at citizens who feel politicians are serious concerning entities, instead of what I assume politician are, as being news paper cartoon character entertainments.

The division between people who believe their own childhood beliefs, refusing to feel they have been wrong, constantly trying to reinforce what is believed, and people who can constantly rethink their beliefs without being influenced by emotions, realising many media stories are somewhat over the top fiction.
Posted by steve101, Thursday, 30 June 2016 2:25:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think a plebiscite is a huge waste of taxpayers money for what is obviously a majority opinion in the electorate in favour of legalizing gay marriage. Why don't the politicians just do what the majority in their electorates want and just legalize it for goodness sake?
It is not going to make one blind bit of difference to anyone else in the community, but it would certainly save money by not having a plebiscite.

All Malcolm is doing is trying to appease the mad far-right members of his party by seeming to at least try and get a negative result from a plebiscite. If they couldn't get a negative result from an almost totally Christian country like Ireland, then they haven't got a hope in hell here!
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 30 June 2016 4:29:28 PM
Butch,
You need a good dressing down for using the words gay marriage together.

You could refuse to use the word gay, as I do, when referring to homosexuals. Marriage should be used only in relation to opposite sexes. Lesbians is OK for female homosexuals and poofters seems adequate for the male homosexuals.

Obviously you need to be reprogrammed as you have failed the first step
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 30 June 2016 5:24:31 PM
‘What is the government doing in the marriage business anyway?’ is a red herring. For so long as the government is in the marriage business, they have no right to discriminate against same-sex couples. Nor did the government being in the marriage business seem to be an issue until the push to allow same-sex couples to marry grew strong, so it’s a disingenuous red herring.

'The word marriage is already taken', is also an invalid argument, because language is fluid and there is no such thing as a 'taken' word. I hope linguistic purists who complain about the use of words changing still use the word 'nice' to mean stupid or dim-witted. As for the word 'marriage', according to my Bible, its original meaning was the incestuous union between a man, a woman, and their murdering son. Conservatives who have been conned into thinking that marriage is about love are a bunch of sell-outs and wets.

Meanwhile, the plebiscite will now be an even bigger waste of money now that Turnbull has officially given Coalition MPs the go-ahead to just vote however they like regardless of the result.
Posted by AJ Philips, Thursday, 30 June 2016 5:40:51 PM
Not a waste AJ, but a real chance to save.

I believe the only reason homosexuals want to officially marry is to get access to the superannuation benefits to spouses of public servants.

These benefits were introduced when mums stayed home with the kids, & it was a fair system to transfer the husbands super to a widow. This is quite unreasonable today, when mean public servants are married to another, & most women have their own support.

Homosexuals look enviously at this huge fund they are missing out on most enviously, & want in on the taxpayer teat too.

This alone is a good reason to say no.

I also don't believe the polling that says most Ozzies approve. If that was true, the poofters would want the vote immediately, rather than resisting it.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 30 June 2016 6:14:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. 17
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy