The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The question on gay marriage is prety simple now.

The question on gay marriage is prety simple now.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. All
A J Philips:

“Oh, you’d love it if I left, wouldn’t you?”

It does not really matter one way or the other since you have served your purpose as far as I am concerned. I needed to clarify my own views and you have been a sounding board and a ‘devil’s advocate’ for those views. I am now satisfied enough about my own views to no longer need you.

You have not actually presented any arguments that have not been presented thousands of times over by other advocates for same-sex marriage. What you have done though is to provide a persistent response to my arguments which has helped me refine my own position. I could always bank on you providing an alternative point of view.

Most other people would have quickly rejected my arguments and moved on but you have made a sustained effort to keep up the dialogue. Only someone with a deep seated obsession would have done that. You claim that you are fighting for equality and same-sex marriage but no one would be as driven as you to ‘win’ arguments. This is not about SSM or equality for you it is all about your own emotional need to try and deal with the resentment and bitterness you have about something else altogether. I suspect it is about your lost years to Christianity. You are not trying to help the little guy you are just trying to hurt the big guy. Then again I am only an amateur psychologist.

I am saying this because I am trying to play my part in keeping these forums clean of people who come here for all the wrong reasons. People who abuse the forum to try and solve their own personal emotional needs are a hindrance to those who are genuinely seeking the truth about social issues in the hope of contributing to a better society. What they are doing should be exposed for what it truly is so that their manipulation does not dominate the discussion and waste people’s time.
Posted by phanto, Saturday, 9 July 2016 4:42:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
One wouldn't think so given my discussions with you, phanto.

<<You have not actually presented any arguments that have not been presented thousands of times over by other advocates for same-sex marriage.>>

Because, if you were aware of the fact, then you should be well versed in countering those arguments instead of putting words in the mouths of others or trying to psychoanalyse their motives for being here.

<<Most other people would have quickly rejected my arguments and moved on but you have made a sustained effort to keep up the dialogue.>>

I could say the same for you. According to your amateur psychology, you yourself are "obsessed" or are not sure of your own position by virtue of the mere fact that you're still here.

<<Only someone with a deep seated obsession would have done that.>>

Or someone who was passionate about an issue, or had an intolerance for stupidity, or saw value in challenging publically-voiced flawed and potentially damaging ideas.

Could you cite the research upon which you have based this opinion of yours and how you eliminated the motives that I listed as a possibility?

<<You claim that you are fighting for equality and same-sex marriage...>>

“Fighting” is a bit of a strong word. If I wanted to do that, then I’d join some organisation. No, I’m a more taking the lazy route by countering ignorance on a forum that sees tens of thousands of visitors a month.

<<This is not about SSM or equality for you it is all about your own emotional need to try and deal with the resentment and bitterness you have about something else altogether.>>

Again, could you cite the research upon which you have based this opinion of yours?

<<I am saying this because I am trying to play my part in keeping these forums clean of people who come here for all the wrong reasons.>>

Even if you were a qualified psychologist, you wouldn’t be able to determine someone's motives over a forum.

No, as I’ve pointed out before, I think it’s just a sloppy debating tactic. (http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=7136#218946, http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=18217#323735)
Posted by AJ Philips, Saturday, 9 July 2016 5:23:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy