The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Nothing like an 'own goal' to turn back the clock and waste billions.

Nothing like an 'own goal' to turn back the clock and waste billions.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
First it was Senator Perris, now it's MP Billy Gorden who appears to have scored an 'own goal' with his obvious disregard for our highly publicised road safety laws.

I say obvious disregard as it has been revealed that he is a serial offender having been caught driving unlicensed several times prior to his drunken, unlicensed spell behind the wheel.

Shame on you Mr Gorden as you have turned the clock back on both reconciliation and the 'close the gap' lobbyists by decades, not to mention wasted much of the billions spent on these vital issues.

Of cause the honourable thing to do now would be to resign, but that does not appear to be in your DNA, does it.

And to think the scabs on the independent movement sores were starting to heel.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 2 June 2016 4:57:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I give up, please translate to plain English.
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 3 June 2016 4:54:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
quite simple Phillip.

Firstly, this guy is an ambassador to the indigenous people, a prime example of just what can be achieved. He has let them down big time and in my opinion wound back the clock on indigenous recognition.

As for the independents, there is little doubt the oakshot and Winsor debacle caused extreme damage to the independent movement and given this guy was dumped from the labor party, only to turn ind he has once again in my view caused harm to this arm of government as well.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 4 June 2016 6:37:50 AM
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/06/02/08/55/qld-mp-billy-gordon-on-dui-charge-report

<Billy Gordon's future up to him: Trad

Queensland's acting premier says it is up to controversial MP Billy Gordon to decide if he should resign from parliament following his drink driving charge.

Jackie Trad would not be drawn on her personal opinions about Mr Gordon's political future at a press conference in Toowoomba, west of Brisbane, on Thursday.

"What he decides to do in terms of his seat in parliament will be entirely up to him."

A drink driving conviction would not affect Mr Gordon's position in parliament and other MPs have retained their seats long after similar incidents, including former Labor MP Karen Struthers, who went on to be a minister in the Bligh government.

Mr Gordon, who is one of a handful of crossbenchers to control the balance of power in state parliament, was pulled over on the Kennedy Highway near Kuranda, north of Cairns, just before 11pm on Wednesday.

It is alleged he returned a blood alcohol reading of 0.094 and did not hold a current driver's licence at the time.

He was charged with drink driving and driving without a licence.

The Cook MP released a statement on Thursday which stated there was "no excuse" for his decision to get behind the wheel but said he'd been affected by a recent death in the family.

"I remain focused on my role and my passion for representing the people of Cook," he said.

"At a time when my community needs me, I allowed personal life matters to cloud my judgment."

Mr Gordon has been issued with a notice to appear in Mareeba Magistrates Court on June 27.>
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 4 June 2016 11:23:26 AM
Australia's most useless politician BRONWYN BISHOP is walking away from Parliament with a cozy $250,000/year pension and a gold pass! Can you believe it. The serial wroughter should be on an Old Age Pension of $794.80/fortnight and a gold opal card for the bus! AT BEST! She got enough when she was in Parliament, do we still have to keep paying her?
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 5 June 2016 7:14:58 PM
Paul,

I didn't see you complain when Juliar walked out of the door with even more after leaving devastation in her wake, nor when Brown eyed Bod left with huge pension and gold card after achieving bugger all.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 6 June 2016 5:46:18 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy